BATTLE ANIMATION PROGRAMMING QUESTION (RM2K3)

Pages: 1
In making my character's ultimate attacks, I realize they will require more frames than the battle animations allow. Is there a way to link two different battle animations so that they play one right after another and it counts as just one attack?
There's a limit to how many frames a battle animation can have?

EDIT: If you're talking about frames from the 25-frame battle-anim sprite sheet then no, there isn't by default. But I think Cherry has a patch and/or that using rpgmaker 2009 ultimate will allow you to use as many as you want.
25 frames total in one battle animation set. Ultimate attacks will require a lot more than that.
Could you link them to me? I can't seem to locate them.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You can only have 25 different graphics in a battle animation, but you can have way more frames than that. You can include up to 8 graphics on each frame, and position them however you want on the screen, with different colors and different opacities and different magnifications. So you can actually make much longer and more complex battle animations than you think with the standard system. For instance, you only need one image of an orb in order to make a 40-frame animation where it's spiraling around the user and fading out.
This I know. What I mean is that with only 25 total frames in one battle animation, I am extremely limited in what I want to do for my ultimate attacks. All that I want won't fit on one sheet of 25 frames.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
How long of battle animations are you making? o_O
They're not long, they're just busy with extra effects and character animations.
I can't seem to find the particular patch I meant (if it is a patch)... My memory's fuzzy about this but it could be a function of rpgmaker 2009 ultimate (which is for RM2k3 projects) so you could try that?

http://cherrytree.at/cms/lang/en/projects/ultimate/

It has a bunch of extra features and works pretty much just like RM2k3. Might be worth a try.
Wow. That is damn pretty. I'm getting it now, thanks!
Pages: 1