BUSHIDO BATTLE SKILL

Pages: 1
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
I have tried doing this myself, but it is very erroneous, and I am sure I am doing it wrong.(Like usual...) I Googled it(I am trying to be nice to all of you I guess, cause I guess I was being mean...D:) and it just showed the on map battle systems, and Steal skills...Would you happen to have a thread somewhere on this?
(The Bushido battle skill from Final Fantasy just in case...)I am using RPGmaker2003,
and any suggestions would be helpful.
Just in case, I did use Google, so...
Also, if there is a simmilar battle skill like it please tell me.
If you don't have it off the top of your head, don't worry about it try to answer this,
Do I have to make a Key Input Processing event with multiple key combos to enable a move as a common event?
OR what?
I am really confused,
And if you can't answer either it is okay :3

Thanks,
And appreciated :D
Adon
Adon237
Hmm, I never tried wiki, but not exactly what I am looking for, I will try wiki too.
But I need to figure out how to make it able to happen in my game...
Thanks, :D
Edit: Removed. I might have let it slide if it were smaller =. Still not very helpful though. -SFL
I can't find any tutorials to make a system like that. But it can be done with some work. Although I'm not sure how I'd go about doing it either... But there is a user here on rmn called Aten who apparently has a game with a bushido system. I haven't seen him post on the forums much but I suppose you could message him and ask him how he managed it, that is, if you can't find any help on the forum or anywhere else.

Edit: Looks like Aten's not been on rmn for a while though, sorry. However there are a lot of people better than me with eventing complicated systems here on rmn so hopefully somebody can come up with something.
Adon237
Ahh, it's okay. Thanks for trying :D.And I have tried contacting Aten for a while now. But, a major fail D:
Thanks, any thing else just post, fro now I will try it my way.
author=cho
Edit: Removed. I might have let it slide if it were smaller =. Still not very helpful though. -SFL
great, now this madman is going to use bushi-do as murder skill *commits seppuku*
Adon237
What exactly did you type anyways?
author=Adon237
What exactly did you type anyways?
i embedded this image: http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/8210/locker/screen3.jpg
Adon237
Ohh... Well.
Well, I haven't played FF, but according to the wikia page, it's just a skill which gets stronger the later you use it, in the meantime filling a bar...?

That's no problem then. You could just create a battle event in every monster group (or a Common Event using the Battle Event Converter, which you then call from every monster group - easier to manage) which changes the skill every turn. First, the old skill (named "Bushido (Lv 1)") is removed and the new, stronger skill (named "Bushido (Lv 2)") added, and so on.

If you want a visible bar: You could use pictures for that. To make them visible in battle too, you need the PicsInBattle-Patch.
Adon237
author=Cherry
Well, I haven't played FF, but according to the wikia page, it's just a skill which gets stronger the later you use it, in the meantime filling a bar...?

That's no problem then. You could just create a battle event in every monster group (or a Common Event using the Battle Event Converter, which you then call from every monster group - easier to manage) which changes the skill every turn. First, the old skill (named "Bushido (Lv 1)") is removed and the new, stronger skill (named "Bushido (Lv 2)") added, and so on.

If you want a visible bar: You could use pictures for that. To make them visible in battle too, you need the PicsInBattle-Patch.

Ummm... Can you send me the links to these patches?
author=Cherry

I think adon was more likely referring to FFX's Bushido skill, which was a limit break whereby you select a technique and have to enter an on-screen button combination for it to execute properly.

Video goodness!

Adon237
author=NewBlack
author=Cherry

I think adon was more likely referring to FFX's Bushido skill, which was a limit break whereby you select a technique and have to enter an on-screen button combination for it to execute properly.

Video goodness!

Your right NewBlack. :D
Any ideas?
Give up on it!

Timing based skills like that in RM2k3 are difficult to implement, if not impossible to do (at least, do well).

My suggestion is to redesign the skill into something reasonable and workable within the limits of RM2k3.
Adon237
Ok, sounds fair enough. Can someone please lock this or delete this thread?
No, you CAN do it with exactly those patches I mentioned.

Just use a Common Event where you check the key presses and use pictures (using the PicsInBattle-Patch) to display the keys the player has to press.
Adon237
Ohh! <3 So helpful :3
Thanks Cherry!
Problem Solved! It is working!
:D
Thanks,Cherry!
And Newblack, I think you helped make Cherry understand what I was looking for!
Yeah, looks like I misunderstood you at first :)
Please drop me a note when your there is a download of your game, because I am curious how the Bushido skill looks/works, because haven't seen any games using my PicsInBattle-Patch yet.
Pages: 1