TIM ROGERS - A PLANET WITHOUT SQUARE ENIX

Pages: first prev 123 last
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
I liked 8. It was still better than 9.
author=Thiamor

Crazy talk, IX showed the brilliance of what a Final Fantasy should and could be.
IX hearkened back the Final Fantasies' of old with it's focus on a storyline made to delight and capture the heart instead of being a shallow anime rip-off. IX, along with VI, V & II is amongst the best of the series, surely the best of the 3D series.
FF9 was a classic. To me it was tops in the series for art and music. I did not feel gameplay or the story was bad, but some other FF games may have been stronger in that dept. When I first saw the cast, I thought it looked like a bizarre combination of wierdness. I found most everyone likable still. I would love for Square Enix to step back from futuristic dystopian worlds and make something else along the lines of this again. I hate how it always seems to get written off.
author=Thiamor
author=Fallen-Griever
Also I'd not mind a 7 remake as long as they keep it EXACTLY the same, only with new graphics. No new text. No new gameplay. No new options/system (battle system, item,armor,weapon system and so on). If it keeps the original game, then I'm all for it.
Because you can't just replay the original FF7? If nothing else changes except for the graphics then what's the difference?
The difference is my opinion. Good enough for you? Kay. It doesn't really matter what the difference would be other than what I want the difference to be.

You can't get hissy when someone questions your opinion if you don't have the will to defend or elaborate on it. Calm down, cowboy. Kay?
author=Thiamor

Blasphemy. FF IX was amazing, 100x better than VIII. IX had a unique cast, beutiful music a great storyline and a memorable VILLAIN (Did VIII have one??????)
author=Fallen-Griever
Also I'd not mind a 7 remake as long as they keep it EXACTLY the same, only with new graphics. No new text. No new gameplay. No new options/system (battle system, item,armor,weapon system and so on). If it keeps the original game, then I'm all for it.
Because you can't just replay the original FF7? If nothing else changes except for the graphics then what's the difference?

Yeah, that would be pretty pointless.

Anyway, games aren't for us(gamers) anymore. It's for the mindless, soulless, public. That's why you get games like FFXIII which was equivalent to traveling down a waterslide until you reach the end. That's what the people want and that's what they pay for.

A terrible Final Fantasy will sell at LEAST 3 times as much as a game that we would all consider to be "good" by our standards. This is what it's like when people grow old and realize that their world is gone and the children are f******...only we're not old, yet.
Thiamor
author=Feldschlacht IV
author=Thiamor
author=Fallen-Griever
The difference is my opinion. Good enough for you? Kay. It doesn't really matter what the difference would be other than what I want the difference to be.
You can't get hissy when someone questions your opinion if you don't have the will to defend or elaborate on it. Calm down, cowboy. Kay?

That is elaborating enough. People tend to take offense and question others when they have opinions that differ from theirs. My stating the difference is what I make of it, is elaboration enough. Pointless or not in terms of games is irrelevant. That is like saying it is pointless to make metal music as they hate it and I like it and want more.

I like the fact that it'd be upped in graphics. To see how well it'd look. The fact I'm a true fan of the series and 7 would MEAN I'd obviously wouldn't want a thing changed other than the graphical aspect of the game. That alone is a good reason, and most likely the same reason other big fans have.
Whether or not its elaborating enough obviously depends on the listener which is supposed to be the one that's gleaning the information, dude. That's not up to you. Even then, it's not the fact that you didn't elaborate that got me, its the fact that you got all offended when he *gasp* asked for you to elaborate, which can *gasp* further friendly discussion.

And being a true fan of the series means nothing in terms of what they would upgrade or not upgrade, that's terribly subjective.
Thiamor
Well being a true fan definitely doesn't mean to have everything changed to drive it away from the original game. Then it'd not be a 'remake' of the series to me. Hell that is like making a movie out of a book and not having anything about the story of the book in the movie, just the characters.

But that is just my opinion. Which matters only to me. If it matters to others, then it is a bonus.
Pages: first prev 123 last