CONCEPT: PIXELATION AND ETC

Pages: first 12 next last
Ahh, right. Like I said in my intro topic, I'm a spriter and I'm bound to prove that by showing you guys some custom sprites I made for my characters. I also draw concept art so you might see some in this topic.

Note: Please do not steal nor use these sprites for your own benefit without my permission. If you are going to use these sprites as bases, you must give credit to me.

SPRITES (Most are WIP):
-Edel Sky Logo/Sig
-Tenkei Tenshinchigi
-Discoman Enbu
-Korosu Omaru (This is supposed to be Shoku, but yeah. Name change)
-Mei Hatsugen
-Syou Tekahashi
-...More Located here.

For concepts, just look through this link:
PHOTOBUCKET
I get the feeling that you are a Phantasy Star Online fan. =)

Love the title screen.
OMG, ily. Someone finally gets what I base my weaponry out of XD

Konan Otome, mother of Ether Animulus. Just working on her randomly lol.
Below her is Esper Murasaki (Ether's dad), and Tenshinkimi Imiwaki (Ether's Godfather)
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
These are pretty cool (the names are very silly, as are some of the weapons).
Is that a good thing? XD

I mean, I truly meant for the names to sound silly since most of them are puns.
author=Vionneta
Is that a good thing? XD

I mean, I truly meant for the names to sound silly since most of them are puns.

After looking at the sprites... *shudders* That really is something. I need extreme guidance in pixel art and sprites, since I am only average in sketches, and undoubtedly horrible in computer-based art. I have various concept sketches on some of my characters in my roster, but almost never as a sprite for use in RPG Maker. I may have over 30 in record, but only a fraction are used in one story at a time.

As for the names, I am actually okay with it. My roster contains a wide array of unusual names... erm... Mind if I give a batch of the names as examples? It's going to get ugly once I start with a small wave of a list.
Lmao, I don't mind. And I do have a custom spiriting tutorial for human characters though you may need some experience in MSpaint. If you want I can post it here o;
Post your tutorials, get makerscore.

Also, why the hell aren't you using graphicsgale?

It's free, 100x better than paint, is designed for spriting/pixel art and is just better in every conceivable way. Most importantly, you get a zoomed out preview, as many degrees of zoom as you like and right click works as a colour select tool which will save you many trips back to the palette/toolbar.

http://www.humanbalance.net/gale/us/

Enjoy.
Lol, believe it or not, MSpaint has been my friend since I don't even know. I've gotten so used to it, frankenspriting is no problem for me (That and it takes me about 5 minutes to create 5 to 10 different sprites). I might try that program to see if it gives me a faster process or not, but I prefer using something I'm used to. XD
Sorry, but I never really liked the super high-tech look of the environments and weaponry of Phantasy Star. That's probably why I never got into it.

Your sprites look really nice, either way.
author=Vionneta
I've gotten so used to it, frankenspriting is no problem for me (That and it takes me about 5 minutes to create 5 to 10 different sprites).

that is pretty bullshit due to one of paint's biggest weaknesses is the lack of layers.
author=Darken
author=Vionneta
I've gotten so used to it, frankenspriting is no problem for me (That and it takes me about 5 minutes to create 5 to 10 different sprites).
that is pretty bullshit due to one of paint's biggest weaknesses is the lack of layers.
Wanna bet? If you want, I'll post a stream video of me frankenspriting with the use of MSPaint. 5+ different poses within 5 minutes. You don't know how many sprite sheets I've done with the use of MSPaint, so don't assume I possess no such skill when it comes into that program.

Yes, I'm offended.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Simple pixel art usually doesn't need to use layers so w/e. But I use graphics gale because it has a better variety of tools and the convenience of having the drop tool on right click. The use of layers is also a great help when working with bigger stuff. Gale has a couple down sides though, the circle tool is usually a little off and it doesn't let you paste screen shots(this is the only thing I use paint for). If you switch you will have to relearn how to do certain things but I think it's worth the cost.

edit: you use layers for sprite editing?
author=arcan
edit: you use layers for sprite editing?

especially for animation, layers are also just good for general efficiency reasons
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I've seen some, this is extremely good.
I'll never understand why people don't use Photoshop for like, everything. Sure, it wasn't made for spriting specifically but it handles it pretty well... so as far as efficiency goes, Photoshop it is pretty much THE program to use.

But ultimately I couldn't care less, specially in this case. Your sprites are awesome. Congratulations! =)
...I hope someday I'll be able to do something like THIS.
author=alterego
I'll never understand why people don't use Photoshop for like, everything. Sure, it wasn't made for spriting specifically but it handles it pretty well... so as far as efficiency goes, Photoshop it is pretty much THE program to use.

The only time I use photoshop is to make small GIF/PNG animations, color some hand-drawn art I scanned, and other shiny graphic things.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Is Photoshop free?
Photoshop = not free

GIMP = Photoshop + MS Paint + Free + Awesomeness + all the rest
Pages: first 12 next last