RPG MAKER VX GAME ON THE IPHONE?

Pages: 1
So I came across this game for the iPhone awhile ago:

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/114/1146240p1.html

Now, I'm not really VX saavy, but aren't those resources from the VX RTP? Is it possible someone made a VX game and emulated it to the iPhone; is that even possible? Anyway, the thought of actually making a game on VX, then porting it to the iPhone and making a profit got my head spinning. It would be pretty cool if this was actually possible.
It looks like they ripped off rtp and slapped it into a generic I-phone game. Way to sell something that you could get for free.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
It's definitely the RTP, but it seems like they just used the graphics, not the actual VX engine. Maybe there's some hack/program out there that makes publishing to iOS easy, those european RMers always pull off crazy stuff like that.

Anyway, if you can sell it, go for it, although I get the impression some RMers would take offense at it. Legally, I believe you can publish & sell RMVX games for the PC as well, but it's very rare one is actually good enough to buy.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Yes, legally you can sell RMVX games on the PC as long as all the resources are RMVX RTP or original.

Having made and sold two RMVX games for PC, I know that it explicity states that RMVX is a windows only program, and hacked/modified versions of it cannot be used commercially. I know this as I tried to find a way to make my games Mac-compatible.

Even further, the RMVX RTP resources are only to be used with RMVX itself, meaning, only on the PC.

I am really wondering how this developer has managed to curtail the Enterbrain user agreement so brashly.

Basically, I'm guessing they built a development environment engine from scratch, and bought rights to the RMVX RTP graphics. Just seems so ghetto and lazy, but hey, all it takes is being first, not necessarily good. And well, they're first.
I don't think they bothered with the whole legalities thing, by the looks of it. I think they just went for it and didn't get caught.
Pages: 1