SORT OF LIKE 'NEW GAME +' BUT NOT REALLY...

Pages: 1
I want to implement a system into a project I'm currently working on...
I want to make it so that, during the game you meet the elven race and after doing a few quests for the elves, you may start a new game, of a fashion, playing as an elven character. But I want elven characters to have a different starting location and quest sequence.
I have no idea where to begin to do this.
I'm using RMXP.

EDIT: Oh! And the player must also be able to carry on their human save...
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If you don't have any custom scripts that store data, it's as simple as changing all the switches to false, changing all the variables to zero, removing all items and gold, the player a new character who is level 1, and teleporting them to the elven starting location.

If you do have custom scripts that store data - like skill learning systems, tools the player can obtain, whatever - then you need to reset that data also. Need to make sure the player is starting fresh.

Just before doing all this, you should give the player a chance to save, and tell them to save their game to a new file, and not to ever overwrite it. Loading this file will then let them start another new elven character any time.
Ooooh, I didn't think of something that simple!!!
Thank you for your clean logic xD
If want a "cleaner" solution, you could also use Power Patch to save the "can be an elven character" status to a file OUTSIDE of any save file, and check that when the player starts a new game.
author=Cherry
If want a "cleaner" solution, you could also use Power Patch to save the "can be an elven character" status to a file OUTSIDE of any save file, and check that when the player starts a new game.

I'm not sure exactly what this means... but it sounds really interesting!
Any extra info?
If you want to use it, tell me, I'll give you some instructions (because the instructions of Power Patch are in German).

You will then be able to save data in an extra file which is independent from savegames. You can read that data back even when a new game is started.
I used a script in DIE2DANCE that allowed me to save the value of variables inside an external file, so the game would always read them. I'm sure you could do the same with a switch, have some sort of "elfswitch = ON" to determine whether this extra New Game option would be available or not. Simple script. But it was VX.
Of course, with VX it's easier because of the ability to use RGSS.
Pages: 1