HELP WITH CATERPILLER SYSTEM (RM2K3)

Pages: 1
Hey guys,

Been working on an Earthbound styled game for 2 years now, and I got a decent 8 directional movement working, but was using rustys tried and true caterpiller system as well. However, I cant for the life of me alter his code to work with my 8 dir system. The other 3 characters follow fine with 4 directions, but I cant get them to mimic the heros exact moves when going 8 directions. I'm no good with x and y stuff, and am looking to outsource this job of marrying the two systems.

I'll credit whoever helps in my game of course, and I'll hook you up with a prize for helping me, I dunno a giftcard or money or something, I'm just tired of fucking with this.

So anyone interested who's particularly good with x and y, and move event commands, hit me up.

thanks buds
This is my Caterpillar System.

And this is kentona's Cooler Caterpillar System, which is basically the same as mine but with a bunch of extra code. :D

If you can't manage to make it work with 8-dir-movement, tell me, I have some ideas.
I heard that Rusty's caterpillar is superior to both of ours already, but I have never actually seen it!

Can you post a sample project with your code/rusty's code? I would need to take a look see.
My caterpillar, adjusted for 8-dir, reigns supreme. :D
author=AznChipmunk
My caterpillar, adjusted for 8-dir, reigns supreme. :D

http://rpgmaker.net/users/AznChipmunk/tutorials/

:<
Pages: 1