STATUS HELP

Pages: 1
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Ok, I am having trouble with something.
I have a class system and one of the classes is the Berserker class, you know the type from Final Fantasy 5, but I am having a problem with keeping the Berserker class always berserk, I am using a class changing system, so the members of the party can change to whatever class.
I am using Rpg2k3.
Any suggestions?
Adon
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
Use a conditional branch, that would only work if someone uses a certain class, then make it where it would automatically create a berserk status, but I'd make 2 of those types, and one that cannot be cured by an item. The other Berserk status, is the status that is inflicted in battle that can be cured. Also to make that class super weak to that certain status.
Adon237
Ok, the conditional branch thing won't work for that because it doesn't give me that option,otherwise, good ideas, I will try them now!
Huh, that's weird. Why wouldn't Enterbrain put class as available for conditional branches or variable referencing? That's pretty weird to me (I had to go check it out myself to make sure, it seemed stupid that they wouldn't give that option, but they don't)

Anyway, how is your class switching system working? Is it in the field, main menu or in battle (or all of the above?)

There might be a way around it using your class switching system to fix it. Maybe. But I'd/we'd have to know how and where you let the player change character classes.

It would, theoretically at least, involve doing something like this:

When a player chooses "Berserker" as a class for one of the characters then you turn on a switch (which we'll call "BERSERKER ON X" for now) and then have a switch for every character like that.. So "Berserker on 1" for the first character, "Berserker on 2" for the second character etc etc.

So if the player changes the first character to Berserker you tell it to turn the switch "Berserker on 1" on If it's the second character then turn on "Berserker on 2" and so on. etc etc

Then on every other job-switch you'd have the relevant "beserker on x" switches turn back off.

Then on a battle event page (which you'll have to copy for every monster party, but that's no biggy) you have it triggered "after 0 turns elapsed" and have the event page go:

Conditional Branch:
If Switch [BERSERKER ON 1] is ON then - Change character condition - Put Berserk on character 1.

Conditional Branch:
If Switch [BERSERKER ON 2] is ON then - Change character condition - Put Berserk on character 2.

and repeat that conditional branch but checking for each character's berserker switch.

I THINK that should work, especially combined with a "special berserk" status like Thiamor suggested. just to make sure it's not confused with normal berserk status and make that special condition one that doesn't wear off under any circumstances (on the conditions tab).

Hope that can help! It really depends on what your switching class system is like and if it'll let you get those switch operations in when people choose a different class.
Adon237
Mmk... I will try that.. :3
It is when you are out in the field, not in Battle, or menu.
author=Adon237
Mmk... I will try that.. :3
It is when you are out in the field, not in Battle, or menu.

In that case I think your problem is solved. Let us know how it works out, though :)

Adon237
Yesh... It is working pretty well, I still need to trouble shoot it, so I just need to add the special Berserk condition and I will try it...
Awesome. Just remember to make all other class changes turn the right characters' berserk switches OFF! Otherwise you'll have berserk mages and warriors all over the place :P
Adon237
Ohh yeah...
So I need to go to the job menu's and configure that around.
Thanks for your help you two :3
Adon
No problem :) You probably already know but - Copy & Paste is your friend. Just get all the "Switch Operations: "Berserker 1" OFF", "Switch Operations: "Berserker 2" OFF" etc etc done on say, "Warrior" and then paste all those switch operations under every other job choice except obviously berserker. Shouldn't take you too long I imagine. Same goes for copying that battle event page, once you've got it how you want it just paste it onto each new monster group you make or use in the game.

Sorry if I'm just spouting stuff you already know. I just know from my own projects that once you get into having lots of battle events and switches related to them, it can get a little daunting.

Anyways, good luck.
Adon237
It's ok... I nevr thought of that! :3 You just saved hours of my time :D
I never thought copy and paste would work in RPG2k3...
But I know about Copy and pasting Event Pages, but thanks so much!
Pages: 1