WHICH GAME WAS THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTEMENT FOR YOU?

I'm disappointed in almost, most of the games that I play nowadays.

Games are boring and getting old real fast, it's always the same thing for each genre but with a few things tweaked to be different, I don't find games to be immersive anymore... it's not like the good old days where games were tested through and through before being sold on the market. Nowadays it's like a million re-hashes of the same crap that we have been playing for the past 5 years or so.

Someone tell me one game I can play that will get me hooked...?
author=supremewarrior
it's not like the good old days where games were tested through and through before being sold on the market.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/another-world-retrospective
author=Darken
author=supremewarrior
it's not like the good old days where games were tested through and through before being sold on the market.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/another-world-retrospective

Dude I can easily find ONE example of this instance where testing is not done properly, anyone know of the released game called Mind Jack?
author=supremewarrior

Games are boring and getting old real fast, it's always the same thing for each genre but with a few things tweaked to be different, I don't find games to be immersive anymore... it's not like the good old days where games were tested through and through before being sold on the market. Nowadays it's like a million re-hashes of the same crap that we have been playing for the past 5 years or so.

Someone tell me one game I can play that will get me hooked...?
It just means that you've outgrown the games (at least in the genres you pick). Try a different genre.

There's only so much a genre can throw at you before it becomes "okay, this is kind of the same as before, but with THIS setting/gun/tweaked mechanic/etc..."

You've grokked all the games
Dude I can easily find ONE example of this instance where testing is not done properly, anyone know of the released game called Mind Jack?

So? The point is every gaming era has its ups and downs. You have notoriously bad games like E.T., Super Man 64, really any NES game made by LJN, action 52 etc. We could list examples all day but stop thinking gaming before 2000 was some perfect age where nothing went wrong.
So am I the only one here who thinks that some games nowadays are more focused on their presentation than on their core gameplay mechanics?
author=supremewarrior
So am I the only one here who thinks that some games nowadays are more focused on their presentation than on their core gameplay mechanics?

No. But you and those you think like you are pretty much wrong.

Seriously. Have you played games from pre-95 lately (And I don't mean the classics)? Remember all the Super Mario clones? And the Street Fighter clones? Shit games every single one of them, the only thing they had going for them was that they had prettier graphics than the last one.

Oh wait. I didn't read the "some". Then yeah you're right. There will always be "some". The good thing is that "a lot" are not.
author=supremewarrior

Games are boring and getting old real fast, it's always the same thing for each genre but with a few things tweaked to be different, I don't find games to be immersive anymore...Someone tell me one game I can play that will get me hooked...?

It just goes to show that you're growing up. Thing is, people's interest in games start to wane once they become older.
author=eplipswich
It just goes to show that you're growing up. Thing is, people's interest in games start to wane once they become older.

Not wane, change. As people grow up their interests change and so interest in one kind of game may be replaced by another (or by bingo and knitting, I don't know).
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
author=Shinan
author=eplipswich
(or by bingo and knitting, I don't know).

That sounds like my grandmother. :|
author=eplipswich
author=supremewarrior

Games are boring and getting old real fast, it's always the same thing for each genre but with a few things tweaked to be different, I don't find games to be immersive anymore...Someone tell me one game I can play that will get me hooked...?
I guess that might be the case, it has impeded my judgement...
Try a different genre.
Nice, at least demo. I play this !
Enchancted Arms
First let me say that I am a very open-minded and understanding gaming individual, especially when it comes to RPG's. I hadn't searched for any reviews about EA and being the only noticeable RPG game out at the time, I bought it, since I had raped and pillaged Heavenly Sword (such an AWESOME game) to no end. This game is motherf'in atrocious. The voice-acting - soddy. They did everything in their power to fill this rpg with every cliche known to man, with a side order of cheese. The main character was an unlikable idiot, his best friend was (of course) the cooler guy who ends up being on the side of some Ice Witch chick (total rip from FF8), and his side kicks are a female/monkey hybrid, a Swarsenegger copy with no soul , and a "independent rich royalty chick", who Swarsa-copy is the servant of, and the girl the idiot falls for.

Not to mention a stereotypical transexual male who, despite being KO'd early on, turns out to be a mysterious, strangely masculine man who follows you and randomly helps you (Tuxedo-Mask?!) throughout the entire game. It was SO OBVIOUS, it wasn't even funny. They had to make him ACT, DRESS, and LOOK MASCULINE in hopes of concealing his identity from the player, and even THAT didn't work.

The game setting was horrible. The mapping was utterly bland, so you had nothing to look at while you ran down pathways waiting to be greeted by RANDOM ENCOUNTERS. (I don't mind random encounters, but at LEAST make the world look decent!)

It's only saving Grace was the battle system, but even THAT had aspects that needed a blasted intervention. When selecting a super attack, the main character dances. HE F'ING DANCES. And it isn't some cool break dancing ish, the MOTHER EFFER DANCES. Are you kidding me?

Oh, and the music was sub-par at best. I take strong note of the music in videogames, and after getting over 50 hours into this one particular, there was only ONE memorable track. ONE. The composer probably hated the game as much as I did.

Any Free-Roam RPG Ever Made
I've tried Elder Scrolls, I have tried Fable. I just don't see the point in playing Free-Roam RPGs. I basically see it as an MMORPG for one person. Everytime I play it, I don't get into it. I, personally, buy games for a storyline that I am immersed in. As if I am viewing the events in an omnipresent state. Do I hate playing games where there are countless things to do? YES. Because it ends up being crap that isn't relevant to the story-line in any way, shape, or form. Customizable characters.. yeah, that's pretty cool. Ability to choose your destiny, resulting in a plethora of events and experiences that few gamers may have while playing... yeah, I guess. But I don't play games in hopes of making it a personal adventure. I play them to have an adventure through some fictional character's personal experiences. When a game is all about me, or the player so to speak, I find it exceptionally boring.

Oh, I've definitely got one heck of a list of dissapointments, though I don't think that I can just pick the worst of them... But I can supply you with my two most recent ones.

First, I think that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was a pretty big dissapointment. I admit, I've only played Oblivion before playing Skyrim, so I didn't have that much experience in The Elder Scrolls series. However, although I enjoyed Oblivion a lot (even though I never truly beat it), I just didn't feel the same thing about Skyrim.
I have to add though that Skyrim was a birthday present for my Xbox 360 (even though I was planning to buy it on Steam), so that may be taking some of the fun away. I'm largely a PC gamer, after all.

Also, I thought that Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO was an immense dissapointment. I didn't expect it to kill World of Warcraft, which I was still playing back then, but from everything I had seen from it I did expect it to at least get me out of WoW. And when I played it, I immensely enjoyed the characters' personal storylines, but... The playerbase was just so immensely small that you couldn't get anything done in a group. And so, when I had played through my main character's story, I found myself with completely nothing to do. Unless I felt like spending an entire afternoon in the main hub, desperately trying to get a group for an instance, only to often have it disbanded before completing it. Needless to say, I soon returned to WoW like a weakling.
Thank heavens that at least TERA and the horrible Mists of Pandaria Beta finally managed to pull me out. I may still be on the MMO drug, but at least I'm not as obsessed with this one.
Jet Moto 3.

I was a huge fan of the first two games in the series, and when Singletrac disbanded and had its licenses handed off to 989 Studios, I thought that the series was over for sure. 989 eventually decided to make a Jet Moto 3, and I was really ecstatic.

Unfortunately the game was really terrible and couldn't match the previous games in terms of gameplay or personality at all. Not by a long shot.
Alter AILA: Variant. The game itself wasn't disappointing at all, but it was cancelled the day after I had finished what was released, and that felt depressing. :c
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=Leophard
Also, I thought that Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO was an immense dissapointment. I didn't expect it to kill World of Warcraft, which I was still playing back then, but from everything I had seen from it I did expect it to at least get me out of WoW. And when I played it, I immensely enjoyed the characters' personal storylines, but... The playerbase was just so immensely small that you couldn't get anything done in a group. And so, when I had played through my main character's story, I found myself with completely nothing to do. Unless I felt like spending an entire afternoon in the main hub, desperately trying to get a group for an instance, only to often have it disbanded before completing it. Needless to say, I soon returned to WoW like a weakling.

The actual playerbase for SWTOR is very large (1+ million), it was just unfortunately spread too thinly across hundreds of servers. They begun rectifying that last week with transfers to essentially "megaservers". Quite a different game now with 600-900 people on the fleet during prime time for most of the servers. If you're still interested, you should check out if you qualify for a free transfer or not.
You can join our informal "RMN Dads" guild!