WHICH GAME WAS THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTEMENT FOR YOU?

author=rcholbert
The actual playerbase for SWTOR is very large (1+ million), it was just unfortunately spread too thinly across hundreds of servers. They begun rectifying that last week with transfers to essentially "megaservers". Quite a different game now with 600-900 people on the fleet during prime time for most of the servers. If you're still interested, you should check out if you qualify for a free transfer or not.

Oh? That does sound a lot more appealing...

However, I'm not really interested anymore in paying for more then one subscription fee at a time. But if SWTOR really does turn free to play like the recent rumors have said, then I may just give it another shot.
I'm not sure whether to go as Republic or Empire, though... I've already gone as Empire before, but the Republic is the "good" faction. Not only is being evil more entertaining, but the "good" faction always has the urge of attracting the most kids.
Final Fantasy XIII, kupo! Linearity at it's.....best? Worst?
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=Leophard
But if SWTOR really does turn free to play like the recent rumors have said, then I may just give it another shot.
I'm not sure whether to go as Republic or Empire, though... I've already gone as Empire before, but the Republic is the "good" faction. Not only is being evil more entertaining, but the "good" faction always has the urge of attracting the most kids.

I doubt it will go F2P anytime in the near future, or not as long as it has 500,000+ subscriptions. They did announce a "trial" mode that lets you play until Lv. 15 with some restrictions, and also the possibility of adding some micro-transactions but that is most likely for cosmetics or consumable items.

Also, I've found most of the kids tend to go Empire -- because they find being evil to be more entertaining.
Reading this thread has led me to realize that there are people in this world less forgiving and even more curmudgeonly than I.

...uhhhh, as far as disappointments go? FFCC: The Crystal Bearers was disappointing. The aesthetic of the world was really cool and the storyline had cool potential, but the gameplay fell flat (not the whole mini-games thing; the actual fightin' and stuff) and it was REEEEALLY short.

On the upside, it was what something like Indigo Prophecy ought have been! It felt like playing through a movie -- if it'd been advertised that way, I think I woulda been more forgiving.
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames. It's been so long since I bought it or actually played it for that matter, but I still hate myself for buying that game.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Well, several years ago, when PS2 was still around prominently, Manhunt and Shadow of the Colossus turned out to be horrible disappointments (for me at least)

Nope, I don't enjoy games where all I do is suffocate random guys with trash bags or wander around in an empty world, try to find a giant and then spend the next decade beating it.

I thank my friend for picking such horrible games and asking me to come test them.
author=rcholbert
I doubt it will go F2P anytime in the near future, or not as long as it has 500,000+ subscriptions. They did announce a "trial" mode that lets you play until Lv. 15 with some restrictions, and also the possibility of adding some micro-transactions but that is most likely for cosmetics or consumable items.

Also, I've found most of the kids tend to go Empire -- because they find being evil to be more entertaining.

Heh, I see. I guess it depends on the server you're on, then... Although I don't think that I'll be giving this Trial mode a try. Like I said, I don't want to pay for two subscription fees at once anymore, which is likely to happen if the Trial mode turns out to be good.
author=Nightowl
...and then spend the next decade beating it.

So you're disappointed of a game for sucking at it? :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjzDR8xeVs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNitgcVOp5k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A15mRvrbgAs
Nightowl
I didn't know back then that I had to hit some specific spot.

But it was boring regardless so I doubt I really want to give it an another try.
that "specific" glowing spot the godly voice told you about while fighting the first boss
Nightowl
My engrish was bad at that time.
I feel like enough time has definitely passed to say this. My most recent disappointment is Diablo III by a mile.

I think that D3 is the first Blizzard game I've ever played that I grew bored of after two weeks. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the second difficulty even though I was in the last act. The idea of having to slog through all of the boring portions of the game just turned me off entirely.

I loved the first act of the game and, if the entire game had been like that, I would have enjoyed the game thoroughly for a long time. I feel that Blizard dropped the ball on everything beyond the first act. I've never been turned off by content in a Blizzard game before, but acts 2-4 really do feel terrible to me.
Final Fantasy 13-Versus/15 or whatever its called, been waiting 6 years for this and honestly I know its going to disappoint me when it comes out if it ever does.

author=Ashley_Lacure
Final Fantasy 13-Versus/15 or whatever its called, been waiting 6 years for this and honestly I know its going to disappoint me when it comes out if it ever does.

I always forget that it supposedly even exists. It's definitely the new Duke Nukem Forever.
My biggest disappointment in video gaming history? 100% definitely Armored Core 4. After playing armored core 3 (and playing it...and playing it...and playing it again, unlocking 100% of everything cause it was such an amazing game), I was sooo excited about 4, but when it dropped I was sorely let down by the product. It was garbage.
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
Biggest disappointments for me were,EYE:Divine superememancy and Moonlight Syndrome.
Lunar: Dragon Song. Easily.

For a Lunar fan (to put it lightly) like me, it was just a massive cocktease. Lunar fans had been awaiting a sequel for years, and news that the original artist was designing the characters and that Game Arts were overseeing development gave us high hopes. Despite these things, the game really couldn't have failed harder at delivering a satisfying sequel. There's no excuse for that battle system. Ugh.
Mass Effect 3?

The game was great, all the way through... right up to that last ten-fifteen minute mark. Of course, there was some b.s. during the 90% of the game they got right too. The artifact collection was a chore that felt out of place, and the multiplayer aspect being (somewhat?) required for the "best" ending did not sit well with me. I had fun with the game, and didn't try to pull some asinine trade in with it, but it was disappointing. That is not how my Shepard's story should have ended.

Other than that, I haven't been disappointed by many games. They're not that important, they're just there for enrichment or escapism. I was disappointed with Fable 1 when I first started playing it and discovered how full of manure Peter Molyneux was in all the pre-release press. I got into the game as it was, and had a lot of fun with it. Fable 2 was also a disappointment to me. It didn't capture me the way the first one did. I only completed one full playthrough before it went back to the shelf, and I've never felt compelled to buy the third installment.
author=Ashley_Lacure

It has gotten to the point that I don't even think about it. Especially after finding out that FF13-2 was going to be released before it.

And speaking of FF13 - I know the game was linear, but I feel that people forget that the main characters were L'Cie. They honestly couldn't do much other than run because they were wanted fugitives. They were the epitome of Osama Bin Laden having been let loose in a New York city that floats in the air. I know it wasn't one of Square Enix's best, but it wasn't notoriously awful... I for one loved the battle system. It had elements of FFX-2's battle system, which happened to be my favorite of the franchise, honestly. Masashi put the smack down on the soundtrack, adding his own little twist, the story was pretty good, the dialogue was very well-written, and the characters were rather well-rounded. I felt for each of them.

Bah... It all comes down to opinion.
Resident Evil 5 all the way, though I'm affraid RE6 will take it's place.