THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
It's a touch early to ask this, but I don't see the harm. Any chance we could get Super RMN World featured if I release it in time? It's so close you have no idea.
That's taking a leap of faith that it will actually be good and worthy of a feature. Not to suggest that it won't be.

It should be a game that has already been played and evaluated by several people, like The Drop. I really enjoyed it. I never play rouge-likes but I ended up getting sucked in for over 2 hours. It's been a while since I played an RM game where I had that feeling of not wanting to stop.
halibabica
Fair enough, though I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't highly confident.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I'd say give it another month or two, hali.
halibabica
from Ratty524
I'd say give it another month or two, hali.

NO I WANT IT NAO It's not my decision to make.
author=halibabica
It's a touch early to ask this, but I don't see the harm. Any chance we could get Super RMN World featured if I release it in time? It's so close you have no idea.

Speaking of which...

When will we got our Suoer RMN World?
halibabica
I can't give a specific day. If Deckiller is quick, possibly sometime this week. If not, hopefully early next. If it starts running into September, God help us all.
author=halibabica
Any chance we could get Super RMN World featured if I release it in time?

Why not wait until "next month," in October, when the game is fully released and all the unnecessary bugs have been tested out.

I mean – I wanna play it too! But not if it's completely, 100%, fully tested and finished.

PICKING TIME!!!

Vorlorn - My "Fantasy" Pick
I Recently managed to play it and complete the game (here's my review for it) a few days back and absolutely enjoyed my time with this one! The dark, enigmatic atmosphere and incredible musical score made me love almost every single minute of it. For me, solving all those tough puzzles on my own without the help of a guide or asking for the creator's help really made me feel accomplished. And it was almost like I was playing the original Zelda all over again (okay, more like playing "Demon Souls" and "Ultima" more than a Zelda game). Plus, the main character is completely bad-ass and "hates" climbing up those awful many staircases (who wouldn't?) ...But I think that a game like this would be more absolutely "perfect" to maybe feature for the month of October, seeing how it would great to feature an incredibly, dark spooky game for that time of the month. (Ooooooooo...)

Phantom Legacy - My "Realistic" Pick
I'm going to go against the grain and pick "Phantom Legacy" for my pick to be featured for September. Now that Nightblade has FINNNNNALLLLLLLYYYY manage to finish this game (I'm as shocked as you are), I think it would be great to give the man some much needed kudos for sticking through it to the end, and all that. Also, I remember playing it a while back and actually quite enjoyed it.

Pom Gets Wi-Fi
Just because I wanna see Ratty524 & Corfaisus blow a gasket – AND I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOOOOVVVVVEEEE TO SEE THAT!!! :D
(Also, in case you didn't already know, this game IS awesome.)

The Drop
Yeah...I'll bite. I haven't played this game as of yet, but from what you've all been saying and praising about it, I suppose it would also be a good choice. Derp.

Heartache 101 ~Sour into Sweet~
I'll pick this as my "optional wildcard" spot. I'm actually quite surprised that, despite how popular and how long it's been up there since it's been finished, it HASN'T been featured as of yet (seriously? Come on guys!) I dunno, a dating simulation game with the ability to create your own characters and such? That doesn't sound too bad. (Then again, this might be something to think about for more of a "February" sort of spot.)

*phew*

There's my picks.
halibabica
from Addit
Pom Gets Wi-FiJust because I wanna see Ratty524 & Corfaisus blow a gasket – AND I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOOOOVVVVVEEEE TO SEE THAT!!! :D
(Also, in case you didn't already know, this game IS awesome.)

Actually, based on what I've seen and heard...the game is pretty solid. It's short and simple, but it accomplishes what it does very well, and an initial glance will betray its underlying themes. Calunio's review explains it pretty well, though it contains spoilers.

Still, that game has about 57,000 more downloads than anything else on the site, so it really doesn't need any more attention. For that reason alone I'd recommend anything but.
Homework Salesman needs more attention. Seriously saying it considering it's one of the most advanced RM games as of date.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
Wait, has Heartache 101 seriously not been featured yet? It's easily one of the most unique games on this site. It's got my vote.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
The Drop is my vote. Phantom Legacy also wouldn't be a bad choice.

Vorlorn looks pretty neat too. All of these should be featured at some point.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Wait. People are taking Heartache 101 - Sour Into Sweet into serious consideration for featured game? Usually, it's a joke suggestion!
Sailerius
did someone say angels
author=Marrend
Wait. People are taking Heartache 101 - Sour Into Sweet into serious consideration for featured game? Usually, it's a joke suggestion!

I don't particularly enjoy it, but there's no denying how original and innovative it is as an RM game. It really deserves the spotlight.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Lol. In all fairness, we've featured plenty of non-RM games before :3 I have no issues with it, 'specially since it was made with the software.
I'm really liking Phantom Legacy so far.

To be honest I couldn't get into Drop because of the crowded interface but it's really impressive.

I will be embarrassed if Heartache 101 makes it. I know that's the sort of thinking that breeds drama over this thing in the past, but just saying.

I'm not sure what purpose we have for featuring Pom. Even if it's good it's not like it needs a few extra downloads. Do we need to see the cute dog a third time on the front page? The game's viral is basically beyond the front page scope.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
author=Darken
I will be embarrassed if Heartache 101 makes it. I know that's the sort of thinking that breeds drama over this thing in the past, but just saying.

How many RM games have a built-in system for creating user mods, let alone have a lot of user-created mods available for it? As a unique curiosity, it's worth recognizing.
Rhyme
Tear Harvester Rhyme
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Homework Salesman needs more attention. Seriously saying it considering it's one of the most advanced RM games as of date.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3892/
Give this some consideration! (for the record even if i wasn't listed developer i'd still push for it. I don't even do much on hws)
I wasn't going to feature Pom - I made it a wavemaker instead. Maybe the month after next if we're short on ideas.

The Drop was high on my list, and Phantom Legacy sounds like it is making an impact. Homework Salesman I am hearing some noise, too.

I would not be opposed to Heartache sometime in the future, but right now we have some solid picks here. Vorlorn I am hearing mixed reviews.