THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

unity
You're magical to me.
author=Sated
IMO the "featured game" should be used to showcase the best games the community has produced; it should be used to try to make us look good. It shouldn't also be a tool for giving lesser-known titles extra recognition since we already have the means to do that on the front page!

Can't we do both? Just as long as the lesser-known game is good enough to merit the recognition?

Having said that, sometimes things are popular for a reason and deserve a spot as a Featured Game. Now, I haven't played Desert Nightmare yet, but if it holds up, then I think it's fine for it to be both a popular game and a featured game.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I remember playing (or at least watching a complete playthrough) of Desert Nightmare a while back. It's well-made, though my feelings toward it was pretty neutral. It wasn't the best game I've ever played, but it's not bad at all.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Though if you want a non horror suggestion:

Listen
http://rpgmaker.net/games/7604/
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=kentona
author=Solitayre
While I have no objection to Desert Nightmare, it's already one of the most downloaded games on the site. Is that something we care about?
It's not something I care about.

Nor should we really, I mean if a game is good, there is a better than average chance it will also be popular.

Though back to suggestions there is always Promise, though I think that might work better as a hidden gem game, do we have a thread for suggesting those?

Though one I think we've overlooked is Suzy and freedom. It's horrific and chilling and unnerving and I think fits the pre-hallows mood quite well.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

This game is likely to be featured sometime:

Brave Hero Yuusha
http://rpgmaker.net/games/8133/
Yeah, it's currently in the dev spot, though, so it'll have to wait for the future.
author=Sated
IMO the "featured game" should be used to showcase the best games the community has produced; it should be used to try to make us look good. It shouldn't also be a tool for giving lesser-known titles extra recognition since we already have the means to do that on the front page!

+1 on this. I've always thought featured games are meant to be games that are/have been the talk of the town (in a good way, of course).

That being said, I still support Desert Nightmare, though Suzy and Freedom is a potential candidate as well.

P.S. I'm the one who first mentioned Desert Nightmare :p http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/8799/?post=651217#post651217
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Need suggestions? The Book of True Will, Free Spirits, Last Minute Gift, Tess, The Farming One, The Age of Deliverance, Suzy and freedom, Subject, Rust and blood?

I'd back up The Book of True Will most of all.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=Cash
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=Red_Nova
author=Cash
Emmych and I would both like to un-nominate Free Spirits for now! We've been on the front page in some form or another (New & Notable, RMN TV, IGMC Top ten...) for quite some time.

That's my un-backing up
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
author=PentagonBuddy
Emmych and I would both like to un-nominate Free Spirits for now! We've been on the front page in some form or another (New & Notable, RMN TV, IGMC Top ten...) for quite some time.

That's my un-backing up

I'd really like to see Free Spirits featured when you guys finish the additional content though.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=nhubi
author=Red_Nova
author=Cash

^^^

author=Solitayre
author=PentagonBuddy

That's my un-backing up
I'd really like to see Free Spirits featured when you guys finish the additional content though.

Yeah, agreed.
I think next month's feature is booked.