THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I've the funny feeling InfectionFiles may have been referring to the "Series Master" interviews sbester did way the hell back when? Or, maybe the ones Solitayre's been known to do, even if they have been fairly haphazard?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
That is correct, sir!
People come and go. You want more interviews, feel free to take up that mantle!
InfectionFiles
author=Liberty
People come and go. You want more interviews, feel free to take up that mantle!
I don't care but maybe koory might be interested.
Hey, it's that time of the month again.
What do you say? Time for Blackmoon Prophecy II?
A couple of ideas:
Mownt: For Peace
Journey to the East (Havent played this myself but it seems highly praised.)

Could do Blackmoon if you're comfortable doing two fangames in a row.

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Dyhalto
What do you say? Time for Blackmoon Prophecy II?

Seconded, I would add Fire RMNblem to the list.
InfectionFiles
Blackmoon or Fire RMNblem sound good to me!
Nabbed my list again.

OFF (Highly Rated)
Fairie Krystal (Highly Rated)
Mownt: For Peace (Highly Rated/Misaos)
Paletta (Highly Rated/IGMC)
Fire RMNblem (Highly Rated/Community)
author=Dyhalto

It's time for Ambrosia to get menstrual cramps again.

Yes, that mechanic is still in. I apologize for nothing.
Log onto RMN.

See that Blackmoon Prophecy II is the featured game.

Sigh and open VX Ace to finally deliver a bug fix/update that I promised two or three months ago.
All according to plan~ >:D
+1 OFF (for June)

Review: (old, but still good)

https://web.archive.org/web/20131201213326/http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/off/off.htm

"The story is set up pretty quickly. You are put in control of a mysterious figure called "The Batter", who has a "holy duty" of "purifying" the world, and seems pretty set on carrying it out. You start in a sector called "Zone 0", where you meet a Cheshire Cat-like figure called "The Judge", who will help the Batter to get around this world in the hope of helping him complete his mission. But what does the Batter really want? Nobody knows. Not even The Judge. Not even You.

...The ambient tracks vary between subtly troubling, ethereal synthetic echoes whose waves seem to trickle down on the plastic landscape for lack of a suitable atmosphere to wane; and infectious audio soundscapes that are actually so disturbing that they're enough by themselves to alert the player that they're not safe from twisted danger. The work that went into sonic texture is truly remarkable, and really constitutes the icing on the Prozac-flavored cake that is OFF's atmosphere. The frequencies seems to resonate directly in your head, as if the unreality was slowly starting to take over your nervous system...

...OFF has got a lot to say about worlds, both the Batter's, and ours. It doesn't talk too loudly though, rather it whispers slowly, and it's in the player's best interest to lend an ear to its seemingly senseless lament, as well as to imagine himself the words that will fill the spaces that remained mysteriously blank. OFF is not only capable of providing an off-beat gaming experience of surprisingly high quality, but also of proving that everything was possible. Working from scratch with a limited tool and no professional background or environment whatsoever, Mortis Ghost and Alias Conrad Coldwood managed to produce something so fascinating. It may not have made history - yet? - but it certainly is a soul-stirring wonder for most of the players who gave it a chance.
"

Promo Comic:

ScreenShots:

Fan Videos:

Rpgmakers today, are more familiar with this game, Lisa, Yume Nikki or Space Funeral, than something like Hero's Realm or Ara Fell.

it is a modern day influence, that absolutely cannot be ignored. It is time to make this the featured game of the month.

EDIT:...that or in July, August.

whichever.

OFF - Summer 2018 RMN?
Does Off really need a feature? It's already an immensely popular game. It got plenty of fan made spin off games and lets play videos with almost two million views. Everyone with a somewhat interested in RM games has already heard of it.

I feel would it would be more beneficial for the growth of the community and it's developer to showcase more unknown but good/interesting game.
+1 OFF

While it's a well known game already, hitching our wagon to it for awhile sounds like it might be a smart idea. Bringing traffic in will mean more people at RMN, which means more people checking out other RPGMaker games.
As much as I love OFF (and I really do) I don't see how featuring a game from a decade ago will bring traffic to the site. That attention I think is better deserved by developers still active and contributing to the community.

+1 Mownt: For Peace
OFF (Highly Rated)
Fairie Krystal (Highly Rated)
Paletta (Highly Rated/IGMC)

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=visitorsfromdreams
As much as I love OFF (and I really do) I don't see how featuring a game from a decade ago will bring traffic to the site. That attention I think is better deserved by developers still active and contributing to the community.

+1 Mownt: For Peace

I agree with this. OFF is a good backup, when there's no other game to feature, tho. And it's almost the time.
Isn't there any good game from the 4 seasons event to feature?
Coolness. Thanks for the Feature ^^)b

That makes my second Featured badge, and this time I actually earned it...