THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

author=Marrend
Well, I think the preference for Feature Game would be more to complete games. Which, as far as I am aware, A Blurred Line is not. Which may be it's own tragedy.

But…technically...isn’t it???

The gamepage is marked as complete. And it’s technically a completed game, where you can finish it like any other game, completely stand alone. The only thing here is it just ends on a cliffhanger for an ending that hints of a possible follow-up to the story, or a sequel, in a Line’s End (which, of course, we never got.)

I think something like that should be fine as long as the game is marked as complete (which it is) and you can complete it from the start of the game all the way until the end of it (which you can). A cliffhanger for an ending shouldn’t be the final nail in the coffin to be considered for a featured spot, as a lot of standalone games have that in them, and that's fine.

Plus, on the gamepage’s description, Lysander mentions that:

What was originally one game has been split into two due to the release of RMXP, so I'm marking ABL 2.1 as 'Complete.' The second half of the game will be released in RMXP as LINE'S END, and will have a separate entry on RMN.

So…technically, A Blurred Line is the first part of the story as its own standalone game and Line’s End was supposed to be the second part of the story as its own standalone game. They were attended to be two separate entries, two separate games.

So even know we never got the second entry in the series with a Line's End (although...you never know, stranger things HAVE happened before), the first game is complete and more than enough fits the criteria of getting a featured spot someday. I mean...it doesn't have to be right now, for next month, of course, but it should still be considered for the future, as it was one of the original greats of RPG Maker yesteryear.

And as for Beetle Ninja getting the next month’s featured spot…well…I haven’t tried as of yet, so I can’t really comment on whether it’s a good game or not. But from what I’ve heard from some of those who have already played it recently, it’s apparently a very good game and a possible sleeper pick for this year’s Misao’s. So I guess I can’t complain with the mob rule on this one, lol.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Maybe I was thinking A Line's End, then? I dunno. I did know A Blurred Line ended on a cliffhanger that's not been resolved to this day. Maybe that's why I thought it was incomplete?
Maybe it was originally marked incomplete but Lysander must have changed it to complete at some point when he came back briefly a few years ago. Maybe that’s why it hasn’t been featured up to this point.
I think he marked it complete when he decided to make a Line's End in a later RPG Maker - which sadly never happened.
If y’all haven’t picked a featured game for February yet, I’d like to throw my hat in the ring! Trash Planet has been out for a hot minute now, but I just posted the update in December (bug fixes, more content, etc). I’ve also got flashy new promo art featured on the game page that might look nice on the front page.

If you have a different game in mind that’s cool, but figured I’d throw my name out there if there hasn’t been one selected yet.
author=Liberty
Yeah, completed games are what we aim for. That, and thematic (which is why Sainth for Christmas month because wintery).

I'm not against starting the year with Beetle Ninja. Feb will likely be the GOTY if it hasn't been already showcased, or one of the bigger (numbers-wise) winners of Misaos.

Therapist has been featured.
Weird and Unfortunate has been featured.
Exile's Journey has been featured.
BeetleNinja's been featured.

Can we get Moonsong featured?
it won and was 3rd place for game of the year behind Weird and Unfortunate and BeetleNinja.

I've been playing it on my Wii U and Android Phone through EasyRPG. It looks great.
Definitely a runner up for best eye candy and game of the year.
It's also a very brisk jrpg, which is the category it won in.

Marrend
I've no particular issue with featuring Moonsong: First Verse. That said, Exile's Journey only had one less vote for GTOY than Moonsong. Could be an alternative consideration?

*Edit: The aforementioned Trash Planet, well, it's currently a highly rated game with two reviews to it's name. I'll note that both Moonsong and Exile's Joruney are both highly-rated too, and have one review to their names. They also happen to have won Misao awards. Maybe this is just me being crazy/weird, but, I think I would be more okay with Trash Planet if it had more, like, four of five reviews under it's belt, and still manage a four-star rating?
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, both Moonsong and Exile's Journey definitely deserve a feature, perhaps Moonsong this month and Exile's Journey in March?
author=Marrend
I've no particular issue with featuring Moonsong: First Verse. That said, Exile's Journey only had one less vote for GTOY than Moonsong. Could be an alternative consideration?

*Edit: The aforementioned Trash Planet, well, it's currently a highly rated game with two reviews to it's name. I'll note that both Moonsong and Exile's Joruney are both highly-rated too, and have one review to their names. They also happen to have won Misao awards. Maybe this is just me being crazy/weird, but, I think I would be more okay with Trash Planet if it had more, like, four of five reviews under it's belt, and still manage a four-star rating?

Eh, if you don’t wanna feature it that’s fine.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Exile's Journey was already featured. Moonsong would be a good choice!
Marrend
author=Deckiller
Exile's Journey was already featured. Moonsong would be a good choice!

Wait, was it?

*scrolls further down on the gamepage*

Well, I'll be damned. It was. WELP.

author=BigGreenCreatures

Please keep in mind that, while I'm on site staff, I don't decide what game to feature. In this matter, I'm but one voice among many in the community. However, I won't make any promises, but, I may decide to out Trash Planet to see if my opinion of the game holds up to the reviews it does have.
unity
You're magical to me.
While I think Moonsong should go first, I'm also for featuring Trash Planet in the future. I feel like it has a lot of good qualities and deserves to be seen by more people, but I'm also one of the people who reviewed it, so if you're waiting for more people to give their two-cents on it before deciding, that's absolutely fair XD
Moonsong looks really cool. It's got my vote!
author=Marrend
author=BigGreenCreatures

Please keep in mind that, while I'm on site staff, I don't decide what game to feature. In this matter, I'm but one voice among many in the community. However, I won't make any promises, but, I may decide to out Trash Planet to see if my opinion of the game holds up to the reviews it does have.

Gotcha. Just throwing my name out there, it’s all good. I didn’t really understand how it works. I’ll try and drive some more traffic to the page and maybe get some more reviews.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Moonsong haven't been featured yet?
No, but went with Phileas' Mirror. Moonsong will get it's time, though. It's on the list.

TBH, I would have but for some reason I thought it had already gotten featured, so I'd already had Phileas' on my mind for the spot and already gave the achieve >.<;

It's a new month, isn't it?
author=Illy
It's a new month, isn't it?

no im pretty sure it's still March 2020
I
ve been throwing up and dealing with tooth destruction pain. I'll get on it sorry berdf
If you're looking for suggestions, people have been really liking OldPat's 'The Lady Puppet'.