THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

author=Dyhalto
So.... are we just not doing a Featured Game this month?

...Yeah ♥. 2022 was kind of crazy last year around this time and we missed featured game, 2023 is looking to be the same.
I'm okay with passing on featured game if it's half way through the month in January.
At this point, It won't be fair to the one who does get featured - Please understand guys, this year was kind of crazy.

Sometimes we just gotta slowdown a bit and recuperate.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'll concede that this wouldn't be the first time the featured game hasn't been updated. However, I'd rather avoid that situation, if possible.

As for what's happening now, we shouldn't be in a position to not feature a game. If nothing else, there's a running list of games to feature here in the case nothing else notable comes forward. There's also three users (maybe four if anky can do it) who have the access to set what the featured game is.

*Edit: I also have to wonder if stuff like not updating the featured game (or simply not having one), is going to affect the Misaos. The current vote-count is 457 as of this writing, and the season is half over. The season with the least votes on record was 2009 (I'm not counting last year, because I know that was done off-site), at 737 votes.

I dunno. I suppose those numbers will speak for themselves, when the time comes.
I decided to let this month rest and highlight instead the Misao voting on the front page. I'd rather not push people towards any of the current nominees and give them a boost that way.

We could do an older game but sometimes it's good to have a rest. Next month will be whoever won goty (if they haven't already - if they have been, then one of the other winners), so that's already sorted.
author=LockeZ
One of these days Vindication will be in a state where it's worthy of being a featured game. One of these days...

(spoiler: RMN will be gone and I will be dead before it gets to that point)

I say we throw up this suggestion from 2011, just to spite LockeZ
unity
You're magical to me.
author=kentona
author=LockeZ
One of these days Vindication will be in a state where it's worthy of being a featured game. One of these days...

(spoiler: RMN will be gone and I will be dead before it gets to that point)
I say we throw up this suggestion from 2011, just to spite LockeZ

Haha, do it! Feature it for the next 10+ days! He'll be whatever the opposite of vindicated is!
Mua ah ha ha ha haaaaaa
unity
You're magical to me.
YES!!! XDXD
The first featured game of 2023 has now been vindicated ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
How did my game get featured without Liberty mentioning it to me during the six hours we spent on voice chat on Monday playing tabletop games...

author=unity
He'll be whatever the opposite of vindicated is!
At one point I was going to make a sequel called Vindication 2: Complacency...
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well, thanks! It's weird - when I first made the game I was very proud of it, and then as I got better at making games I started to feel like it kind of sucked and I didn't want people to think of it as the kind of game I made. And now my thoughts have come full circle, and I think it's a very solid retro game of a type that will probably appeal to a lot of people, even though it's not what at all like I would make today.
author=LockeZ
How did my game get featured without Liberty mentioning it to me during the six hours we spent on voice chat on Monday playing tabletop games...

author=unity
He'll be whatever the opposite of vindicated is!

At one point I was going to make a sequel called Vindication 2: Complacency...

Oh yeah, I meant to mention that to you but brain. Kentona's to blame~
author=kentona
unity made me do it
Marrend
So, now that we're clear of April Fool's Day to mess with the featured game, what should actually be featured this month?
Well, it's getting pretty late in the month but maybe Melon Journey? While it is certainly in no need of exposure, it did just get a big multiplatform sequel release that's worth noting.
Marrend
So, May is coming up, and I thought maybe we can discuss what to feature during said month now rather than wait for a week or so after whoever can update it fails/forgets to do so the fact.