WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT

Decky
I'm a dog pirate
If anyone's getting stressed over this, there's always...

I say this is a good thing mostly. I'm assuming all bans are fairly temporary until those people getting banned do things to make it even worse (such as what they've probably already done... Like ban evading).

Banning assholes is always the right course of action. Especially repeat offenders that just don't get it. I'm really sick and tired of "pranks" and stupid shit. (ie everything that is in Moronic) If anything it should be even more strict with day-long bans being handed out all over the place (since obviously warnings don't do shit).

Now. I like Strangeluv as much as the next guy. But it's also true that he can be obnoxious whenever he doesn't create great content. However I don't really think that creating something awesome makes someone immune to rules.

And finally. To those people leaving because of this. Good riddance.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
<Ciel> holbert is part of the infectionfiles accord
Haha, this is awesome. *calls up Link_2112 and the other decent guys who don't like causing community distress, yet are disliked for whatever reason*

If only!

I'm looking forward to the future of RMN with all these people gone, better days on the horizon people!
Like Feld said, ultimately this is all going to blow over and RMN will return to its game making, just with less negativity and a new host of users filling the gaps.

author=Shinan
To those people leaving because of this. Good riddance.
I'm only here because my project pages are agnostic to whatever goes on in the community.

And finally. To those people leaving because of this. Good riddance.
I'm looking forward to the future of RMN with all these people gone, better days on the horizon people!

I used to like you two.
author=InfectionFiles

just get rid of tft an ciel and the set will be complete
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=jamesr2
author=InfectionFiles

Please don't.
author=jamesr2
author=InfectionFiles

Ban those two and you will have a new very angry enemy.

*hugs the TFT and Ciel*
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
It's not like anyone else if going to be banned unless they just do something really stupid, then they have all the reason to be banned.

I don't hate #shump, it just seemed like everytime there was a negative comment it was a shump member(mainly strangeluv and magi really)
but tft and ciel were sprinkled out there too, and it was usually really unnecessarily douchey.
not like they give two craps about what I think of them, just putting that out there.

I don't see this as the liquidation of the ghetto or some shit, that all shumpers will be burned at the cross.
just that I think things around here will be more positive in the long run after those who are leaving are gone.
Hope everybody can calm down soon and come to terms again...
Would be sad if the site turns into RRR 2.0 being focussed on childish forum drama instead of mak gam. :-(
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Nice and neat, tragedy. Restful too. In a drama, with it's traitors, desperate villains, innocent victims, avengers, devoted followers and glimmers of hope, death becomes something tragedy, a kind of accident. You might have arrived in time with the police not trolled the forums. But tragedy's so peaceful!

why can't we have tragedy people

why

the RMN tragedy play
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
the grabbing hands
grab all they can
all for themselves
after all
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
the awkward moment when Deacon makes the most sensible post
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I'm pretty sure Ciel already quit? Or should I not have taken that 'the final post' so literally?
Personally, I'm against bans unless the user is just completely hellbent on destruction and is spreading negativity and venom with every post.
You had already taken Magi's admin powers away. That was enough to defang him/her (profile says her). If he/she wanted to stay and state grievances or just flat out depart with a bang, he/she would be able to.

This isn't an unusual occurence. A site moderator getting angry that his home site 'just ain't what it used to be' and one day, in a fit of rage at something probably unrelated, abuses his powers to screw up a lot of settings, says "Fuck this, you've all wronged me, it's all your fault" and flips the bird on the way out.
Ironically, said members always tend to return in a few weeks x) Durable ones will take a month or two.
Magi will be back. I'll bet money on it.
And maybe Magi will have a total blast at Meridian Dance and not see a reason to turn back. You act as if no one simply just finds something new they enjoy.

Tell Steve I like pizza.
Well, this is some odd form of nonsense. Anywho, I'll just crawl back under my rock and pretend I care. I'm only here to make a single game, anyway.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from SorceressKyrsty
the RMN tragedy play

It's a comedic tragedy.
If someone genuinely found something that starts to absorb more of their time, their activity will slow down, they'll check in to say "no time to chat", and they'll drop off the face of the site or post a Moving-on thread.

I'm not trying to diss Strangeluv (awesome games!) or Magi (I never did think highly of him/her based on first and second impressions), but what he/she/they did was just malicious, childish behavior and I've seen it before.
Back on RPGCrisis, Midnight Assassin left and came crawling back. Before that, NES_Player and his cohort (forget alias) left and came crawling back. Before that, on Gamingforce Marcel left and came back, preceded by Lyger. There have been plenty of others but they don't come to mind atm.
"The hell with this, you're all the problem, I'm the victim" is common. It's called the internet.
Magi and strangeluv are probably reading this right now, if they're still able to view forums.
Again, nothing personal.
Popcorn and nightmares were had by all involved.
Dyhalto
Back on RPGCrisis, Midnight Assassin left and came crawling back. Before that, NES_Player and his cohort (forget alias) left and came crawling back. Before that, on Gamingforce Marcel left and came back, preceded by Lyger. There have been plenty of others but they don't come to mind atm.

Lol, you shouldn't compare those crappy sites with RMN. In my opinion nobody deserves a ban for lifetime. I don't know how it works here, but some people were allowed to come back. So who says they are banned for lifetime? Maybe they just have to be patient patients.