FAVORITES?

Pages: 1
Its probably more trouble than its worth but it'd be a nice feature to have a Favorites system. I enjoy keeping track of my favorite articles and games, if I see a game I love or I wanna store it away so I can download it later, I usually end up subscribing to the project. Then after not being on for several days at a time I get bombarded with Notices.

Agree/disagree?
author=GameGuysProjects
Its probably more trouble than its worth but it'd be a nice feature to have a Favorites system. I enjoy keeping track of my favorite articles and games, if I see a game I love or I wanna store it away so I can download it later, I usually end up subscribing to the project. Then after not being on for several days at a time I get bombarded with Notices.

Agree/disagree?

I agree. Favorites would be helpful.

However, after asking for locker folders (and being rejected), I doubt this will ever happen.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Not trying to be rude here, but isn't this something that the browser "Favorites" are for?
Like Bookmarks in Firefox and such, that's what I do for articles and such.

Just a suggestion!
While a very valid suggestion, my bookmarks are cluttered and filled with links. And its very rare I ever look through my bookmarks, when I see a page and I think I might go to this later, I'll bookmark it and forget about it. Or I won't be able to find it through the tons of other bookmarks I have.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
This is what subscriptions are for, is it not?
author=Ben_Random
author=GameGuysProjects

Agree/disagree?
I agree. Favorites would be helpful.

However, after asking for locker folders (and being rejected), I doubt this will ever happen.

So the part where I said, "Folders might be a fun option to try to implement", was lost on you?

We have favorites for games already, it's called "Subscriptions". I have thought about adding favorites for other parts of the site as well. I will add it to the list of things to take a look at doing.
I'd sub a ton of games but they blow up my notices to tell me every time someone says something on their gamepage, including, "cool gam :DDD" which is a lot because they are cool gams.

I looked at the settings but I don't see anyway to turn off notifications. Is there a way to follow games without getting 2 messages for a "nice", "thx" exchange?
I just don't want to subscribe to games that I'm interested in only to come back and find a few pages of notices filled with comments on the game. Games I want to follow, I don't mind having pages blown up with comments and whatnot. Take youtube for example, you can subscribe to people, receive notifications from the people, aka video uploads, notices, etc... but you can still favorite videos. You can favorite videos whether you are subscribed to the person or not. There is a difference between being interested in a game and then wanting to follow the game developer as they create their game. Games I'm interested or I want to play, I'd add to my favorites. Games I want to follow I'd subscribe to that game. Its hard to follow the games I want to when other ones are filling my notices box. I'm not trying to complain or whine or force you to do this, just thought it would be a nice feature and I wanted to throw it out there.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Maybe a user when posting can select an option to notify their subscribers, so that way when a back and fourth of "cool gam, and thanks man, glad you enjoyed it!" can be avoided by not checking the option.
Or by default the option is selected to send to all subscribers, and they can uncheck it to not send to subscribers if the comment they posted, respond, etc. isn't that important.

idk, I agree though that when you are subscribed to a lot of games and leave for a few days or just when those games gets tons of comments it's sometimes hard to sift through it all.

I'm sure there is a great way about going about this all.
author=InfectionFiles
Maybe a user when posting can select an option to notify their subscribers, so that way when a back and fourth of "cool gam, and thanks man, glad you enjoyed it!" can be avoided by not checking the option.

ooh, this is good idea.
There actually is code in there for fine grain management of when you get notices for subscriptions...I guess the means to actually manage it got lost somewhere in between RMN2 and RMN3.

So, this is probably what we can do:

Turn off notices for when a review, blog, image, download or comment is added to a game that you are subscribed to.

There has also been talk in the past of doing something similar to what InfectionFiles suggested.

author=GameGuysProjects
I'm not trying to complain or whine or force you to do this, just thought it would be a nice feature and I wanted to throw it out there.

I don't see this as complaining or whining - THIS is what the feedback forum is for. You make some valid points about the notice spam.

I am adding these ideas to our issue tracker for us to take a look at.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
author=GameGuysProjects

definitely AGREE!
It sounds like what you all really need is an option to filter notices by Developer-only. Basically whenever a new screenie, blog or download is uploaded.

Personally, I don't mind reading "cool gam :DDD". It's nice to see activity in projects that might otherwise seem dropped or on hiatus.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
You forget "every post" wether it be:"Yes, you'right", or "ok", which i d'ont mind for some games as one above said but for others, do! Maybe then, I should be more careful to what I subscibe to..........?
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Oh, here's an idea!! At deviantART, when you're watching someone, you can decide what you get notified of. So scraps, etc.

Maybe we could make it that members could check/uncheck which aspects of a game they want to subscribe to? So maybe subscribe to reviews, blogs, but not their comments. Or you could subscribe to all updates, and not get notified of the comments. Or only get notified when the game has a new download or blog. That sort of thing.
yeah it could be done on the subber or the maker end. I almost subbed another game tonight but then realized that the developer isn't posting anything new and that all the notifications would be ppl commenting.
author=ankylo
I don't see this as complaining or whining - THIS is what the feedback forum is for. You make some valid points about the notice spam.

I am adding these ideas to our issue tracker for us to take a look at.

Good. :) You would not believe some forums when trying to suggest a friendly idea. Anyways I think controlling what we get notified would be the best and I wouldn't mind waiting to RMN 4. Thanks for looking over the suggestion.
author=SorceressKyrsty
Oh, here's an idea!! At deviantART, when you're watching someone, you can decide what you get notified of. So scraps, etc.

Maybe we could make it that members could check/uncheck which aspects of a game they want to subscribe to? So maybe subscribe to reviews, blogs, but not their comments. Or you could subscribe to all updates, and not get notified of the comments. Or only get notified when the game has a new download or blog. That sort of thing.

Yes, this is how it would work. I've already implemented it on our test server and it will be in RMN4. The options are to receive notices for reviews, comments, blogs, downloads, images and one other category that is coming in RMN4.
Pages: 1