MAP SPRITER, HELP ME!

Pages: 1
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Ok, I might have phrased Map Spriter wrong, but what I need is a PNG image that is about about 5000x5000 pixels wide. I would love it to be a world map, a really basic one. I am using it with Overlord_Dave's world map script, so it has to be an image, not a VX map. PM for more details.
RAWR Nobody? :|
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Some kind of panorama mapping thing? I don't think making an overworld map this way is the way to go (Lag issues?), but what would I know?

I could easily be misreading something, though.
Is it even possible? You'll have to print screen dhffg times and stitch them all up. Can't think of a better way...
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
It's for Overlord Dave's world map script, google it. You need an image as a world map, so it can take you places.
Marrend
To reference the opening post, he specifically says:
...it has to be an image, not a VX map

Thus, I doubt he wants Frankensteined VX screen shots. He wants a 5000 by 5000 picture/panorama than can be used as a world map. While such a thing should, in theory, be doable, I have to ask (more or less already did) why he's doing this? What about his other maps? Would they be made this way too, for graphical consistency, or would they be made with VX RTP, or what?

Again, maybe I'm misreading, or otherwise missing something.

*Edit:
It's for Overlord Dave's world map script, google it. You need an image as a world map, so it can take you places.
I'll look this up, but an example of what this means, precisely, would be useful.
Ah, I googled it. I also checked 5000x5000 in my graphics editor and dude, its huuuge. Though I can't help you out, I suggest you break it up into smaller maps. This will be easier for you as well as the player (like in Reincarnations)
Marrend & LE, I think you're overthinking the request. He wants a simple 5000x5000 picture of a map.

What I find odd is, if this is just for testing the map script, you can draw something usable very quickly in MSPaint. If this is supposed to be the actual map you'll use in your game, then wouldn't you want to specify what your world looks like? and the style of map you want so it fits with your game?

Here's a quick map drawn for testing the script...

http://hbgames.org/images/huge_5000x5000_map.png
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
*uses that as actual world map*
Can you specify more? I mean... I can't make much outta that.
Marrend
author=Brewmeister
If this is supposed to be the actual map you'll use in your game, then wouldn't you want to specify what your world looks like? and the style of map you want so it fits with your game?

Hear hear!
author=Marrend
What about his other maps? Would they be made this way too, for graphical consistency, or would they be made with VX RTP, or what?
Pages: 1