WHAT'S YOUR JOB ?

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
author=Feldschlacht IV
United States Navy. Best decision I ever made.

What do you appreciate so much about the navy that makes it your "best decision" ever?
author=chana
author=Feldschlacht IV
United States Navy. Best decision I ever made.
What do you appreciate so much about the navy that makes it your "best decision" ever?

Steady income, good pay, the opportunity to advance, the opportunity to travel, see things I would have never seen otherwise, meet people I would have never met otherwise, learning skills, discipline that translates to other venues in life, easier to stay in shape, leadership position, the fact that good work is actually observed and recognized, free education (which I'm already taking advantage of), free healthcare, free dental, other free shit, discounted everything else (military discounts are great, honestly.) and a lot of fun.

It's not all positives and there's no such thing as a perfect job with nothing wrong with it, but yeah, best decision for me personally.
chana
That definitely makes very many very good sides to it! but what about the war side, and could it be that there are so many consistent advantages because the counterpart is, eventually, quite drastic? Not to darken the situation, but its quite original to choose the army as a career, today, or is it? Particularly for someone who, through your posts, seems to be exceptionally clever?! Though I do remember now you writing that history was your dedicated subject, history and army go pretty well together, I guess.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Comic penciller, inker, and published novelist
I work at Air Canada in Toronto. We throw bags around.

No regrets. I've travelled a lot from my previous and current job. Met a lot of people, heard a lot of stories, ate a lot of different food. In one light, I could have gone highschool > university... But it's true what they say about the School of Life. Thanks to tinkering and nightschool, I'm not far off in the learning curve anyway!

The future is bright. In the next few years I'll be switching which job to scratch out.
chana
That must be fun!.............
By the way what did you publish? or no ?
Dam so much for gamers being go nowhere shitheads. Over half you guys have degrees.
Currently unemployed(sucks ass) but when i have the gas money i do stand up comedy(my real passion)

Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Question:
Why do people ask these weird questions?

I also go to Kollege during the week; trying to get my bachelor's degree in Technology. Another year or so left to go!
I'm currently a software engineer intern at Zynga. Any form of getting paid for making games is pretty nice, but it's also a great position as I hope to enter the games industry as a profession. Though I can't talk about the specific game I'm working on... oh well.

But I'm also a CS student.
chana
Maybe something related to my keen interest for what i call "anthopology" : observing the way people behave, any one and every one, as individuals but also in groups!
chana
And that makes good money?
Well I expected a lot more people in here to say "I wanna be a gam tester or mak gams for money!!!"
I work at Gamestop as a Games Advisor. Don't really know what I actually want to do with my life, though. I have thought about professional wrestling, but I need a fallback career. I've always wanted to direct films, so there's that.
author=Fallen-Griever
If I made/played games as a job, I don't think I would enjoy making/playing games as much as a hobby... as strange as that sounds.

It makes sense, though. There will be certain restrictions as to what games one should make/play for money. When its a hobby, you can make/play as and when you want to without any restrictions.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=chana
That must be fun!.............
By the way what did you publish? or no ?

Bubblegum Wishes by J.S. Longstreet (do not buy it, amazon is a lying sack of s***. There are no more copies left.)
Holmes Inc. #1 (inked a story in this anthology)
And Holmes Inc #2 is coming out soon (inked 10 pages).
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I do virtually everything at a retail store.
author=Fallen-Griever
If I made/played games as a job, I don't think I would enjoy making/playing games as much as a hobby... as strange as that sounds.

Same here. No doubt.