I'M CROWDSOURCING A COUNTRY...

Pages: 1
Me and a friend of mine are writing a campy fantasy story, but we can't come up with any convincing kingdom names...any help?
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
The kingdom of Kroywen (New York backwards!)sounds Breton! what's "campy" ?
author=chana
The kingdom of Kroywen (New York backwards!)sounds Breton! what's "campy" ?

Google the old batman tv series.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Kroywen, yeesh. To think I was actually going to use that in a cartoon super hero world...
chana
How about Kyrwen then?
@Cosmic_Sea:thanks.
(I've found the best way to discuss on the forums, since there doesn't seem to be too many people posting (at least on the topics i'm involved in), i just keep editing my own post over and over..... I know this doesn't have anything to do here, but i just wanted to note that........)
Fantasy Names. (This is like the fifth time I've posted this but I still think it's a valid method :)

1, Hit a bunch of random keys.
2, Add vowels or change spelling slighty to make it pronounceable.
3, Invent backstory as needed.

Example.

hyubgebruq
Hai'yurbruk

Hai'yurbruk is a small city with mixed dwarven and human population, ruled by the Dwarven King Urist MacArsekicker. There are several gold and copper mines on the outskirts of the city although goblin raiders have been making things difficult for the miner guilds lately. The city is also known for it's legendary 'Dead Dwarf Whiskey'.
author=Billwilliams
Fantasy Names. (This is like the fifth time I've posted this but I still think it's a valid method :)

Example.

hyubgebruq
Hai'yurbruk

Hai'yurbruk is a small city with mixed dwarven and human population, ruled by the Dwarven King Urist MacArsekicker. There are several gold and copper mines on the outskirts of the city although goblin raiders have been making things difficult for the miner guilds lately. The city is also known for it's legendary 'Dead Dwarf Whiskey'.

Epic example.
author=Billwilliams
Urist MacArsekicker.

Your dwarf fortress is showing!
chana
That's excellent!
Well if people want I could do a bunch more.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Billwilliams

I did this once for an alien race for a project that was eventually dropped. I forget the exact key sequence I got initially, but I think I ended up with a mess of a word that was "Dohimquildsaetcqu". As to how it's supposed to be pronounced... that's... um... well I know how I pronounce it, but writing pronunciation is not my best skill.
chana
author=Billwilliams
Well if people want I could do a bunch more.

Go ahead, that was hilarious, especially the back story!!!(so rpg!)
Thialdimor /ðɪæwdɪmɔɹ/ from Thia, gods, deia, place, with the suffix mor a locative suffix meaning "in". You could say it was a place where humans found beer to be abundant. ;D
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
....Epic...
Pages: 1