WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH SQUARES? (VX RTP MAPPING CONTEST)

People often accurately complain about the RPGVX Run Time Package Chipset.
I wonder what we could do with it if we all tried our hardest.

Theme
The theme of this contest is to make an inn, shop, pub, or house of some sort. This does not necessarily mean the map must be an indoor map. Be creative, maybe you can have a hobo's homestead outside!

Description
This contest will run similarly to the 2k3 Mapping Contest. Make a map within the rules, submit it, and win!

Rules
-The map must be created in RPG Maker VX.
-The map must be 20x16 or 17x13 tiles.
-One submission per person.
-You may only use the A-E tileset that come's with the RPGVX Run Time Package.
NOTE: This means the DEFAULT RTP, not the Samuri package.
-You may use parallax backgrounds, but only the defaults.
-No overlays

Winners/Participants
-Rhyme: 1st place, 14 votes
-Scourge: 2nd place, 8 votes
-PentagonBuddy: 3rd place, 5 votes
-Space_Monkey: 3rd place, 5 votes

-Far_Oz: 4 votes
-Lennon: 3 votes
-LivingEffigy: 2 votes
-Miss_Marple: 2 votes
-Ben_Random: 1 vote
-ShortStar: 1 vote
-blademage1234
-chana
-Cornix
-drakiyth
-Kentona
-kitten2021
-LaudableDread
-ldida1
-Liberty
-Marrend
-Ocean
-psy_wombats
-Seangrei

Submissions
Here are the maps that have been submitted (alphabetical order):
Ben_Random

blademage1234

chana

Cornix

drakiyth

Far_Oz

Kentona

kitten2021

LaudableDread

ldida1

Lennon

Liberty

LivingEffigy

Marrend

Miss_Marple

Ocean

PentagonBuddy

psy_wombats

Rhyme

Scourge

Seangrei

ShortStar

Space_Monkey

author=Space_Monkey
its on like donkey kong

What type of map are you making?
Scourge
I used to make games. I still do, but I used to too.
I'll take a shot at this, even though I haven't used default RTP for ages.
author=Ben_Random
-The map must not have any events

Does this include doors or the events used to make a waterfall?
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Well, THIS IS NOT MY CONTEST SUBMISSION! I spent 5 minutes on this, I just want to know if I could make something like this:

It's a Hobo's cave...
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
No special theme? Hrm. Might try my hand at this, though I'm not particularly confident in my skills at mapping.
author=Adon237
Well, THIS IS NOT MY CONTEST SUBMISSION! I spent 5 minutes on this, I just want to know if I could make something like this:

It's a Hobo's cave...

Something like it. Try to make it more of a livable cave. For all I know, it could be just a random cave. Make sure we know someone lives or has lived there.
author=PentagonBuddy
author=Ben_Random
-The map must not have any events
Does this include doors or the events used to make a waterfall?

I read this post and changed my mind about the no events rule.
Feel free to use events, but you can only use the RTP ones.

Edit:
However, if you add events, then taking screenshot of the full map would be impossible, considering you would have to take the screenshot while test-playing the game. Right?
Scourge
author=Ben_Random
However, if you add events, then taking screenshot of the full map would be impossible, considering you would have to take the screenshot while test-playing the game. Right?
True, but you could always "stitch" the screenshots together using an image editing program.
EDIT: Or you could just change the size of the maps to the default 17x13 and allow events.
One of the projects I'm working on is for a challenge that involves using the default RTP for mapping. I might as well throw my hat into this one too--it's certainly on a more manageable scale!

I'll be back with something.
20x16 isn't a map; it's a screenshot.
author=Scourge
author=Ben_Random
True, but you could always "stitch" the screenshots together using an image editing program.
EDIT: Or you could just change the size of the maps to the default 17x13 and allow events.

So, I've taken Scourge's point in mind, but I also feel that 17x30 is somewhat small. So I have changed the rules for people who can't afford photo-shop, haven't discovered gimp, or just don't want to "stitch" their screenshots.
The rules have been changed so that you can make a 17x13 or 20x16 map.
Scourge

Here's what I've got so far with 17x13 and events. I might stick with this, but 20x16 is a lot easier to work with. Feedback?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Personally, I liked the no-event limit. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but it's my intention to do it without breaking out events.

*Edit: Oh duh, there's a pic right above me that wants feedback! I'm guessing that guy on the left recently placed those flowers by that grave, mourning the loss of some loved one, before moving off to avenge the death of said individual (or otherwise go on high adventure). Well, that's the feeling I'm getting.
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
Question, I purchased the new Samurai RTP... Can I use this or does it have to be the default original RTP?
author=kitten2021
Question, I purchased the new Samurai RTP... Can I use this or does it have to be the default original RTP?

For now I would like people to stick with the defaults, that is, unless I get some more requests.

But hey, maybe in a future we could make a, "What can you do with SAMURI squares" contest.
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
Drat... Lol. Will have a map up here soon then.

There we go.

This should fit at the best of my knowledge...
"The theme of this contest is to make an inn, shop, pub, or house of some sort. This does not necessarily mean the map must be an indoor map. Be creative, maybe you can have a hobo's homestead outside! "