WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH SQUARES? (VX RTP MAPPING CONTEST)

Also, 17 participants! We've almost beat the 2k3 contest!
doh, nm. i just saw the answer to my question in the op.
author=Ben_Random
Description
This contest will run similarly to the 2k3 Mapping Contest. Make a map withing the rules, submit it, and win!
I think its best to give people just one vote. In the 2k3 mapping contest some people had voted only for one or two maps in spite of having three votes. That would be unfair, unless you only count people who have voted for three maps while compiling the results.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Mine's still missing in the spoiler
author=LivingEffigy
I think its best to give people just one vote. In the 2k3 mapping contest some people had voted only for one or two maps in spite of having three votes. That would be unfair, unless you only count people who have voted for three maps while compiling the results.

Why'd that be "unfair?" Maybe there's only one map they felt deserved to win.
author=chana
Mine's still missing in the spoiler

Sorry for ignoring you chana. I can see your image in the spoiler. I noticed that is a jpg. Can you see the other jpg's?
author=psy_wombats
Why'd that be "unfair?" Maybe there's only one map they felt deserved to win.

Yes, but had they voted for three maps (which they can and should), those other two maps could have ranked higher.

Maybe there's only one map they felt deserved to win.

Which is why I think one vote per person is a cleaner idea. If someone likes more than one map and cannot decide, they can roll a die or something.
I say let's vote on the number of votes each person get's in the vote for the best map. Now, how many votes should each person get in the vote for the number of vote's in the vote for the best maps. I guess now we should have a vote for the number of votes each person get's in the vote for the amount of votes each person get's in the vote for the number of vote's in the vote for the best maps.And then we'll have a vote for the number of vote's in that vote.

How does that sound?
The number of votes given to people who vote in the vote for the best map should be the same as the votes given to those who vote in the vote for the number of votes they get to vote with in the vote for the best map. To decide the number of votes, we could roll a die/toss three coins/inky pinky ponky etc. So we should probably have a vote in which we vote for the method that should be used to decide the votes that people get while voting in the vote for the best map, which is the same as the votes given in the vote for the best map. We could also vote for the votes in this vote, and roll a die etc. for that. By now we should all be tired and fall asleep. So lets all count the number of dreams we get, and take an average number. But we will all have dreams about voting for votes and inky pinky ponkying while riding on pink ponies. As a result it will be hard to distinguish between two dreams. So we can all vote for what counts as two separate dreams and what does not. And then we'll have a vote for the number of votes in that vote. By then, August 5th would have come and gone and people would have already voted. We can take an average number of votes per person and disqualify all those who haven't voted with exactly these number of votes. That sounds about right. /trolling
author=Ben_Random
I say let's vote on the number of votes each person get's in the vote for the best map. Now, how many votes should each person get in the vote for the number of vote's in the vote for the best maps. I guess now we should have a vote for the number of votes each person get's in the vote for the amount of votes each person get's in the vote for the number of vote's in the vote for the best maps.And then we'll have a vote for the number of vote's in that vote.

How does that sound?
author=LivingEffigy
The number of votes given to people who vote in the vote for the best map should be the same as the votes given to those who vote in the vote for the number of votes they get to vote with in the vote for the best map. To decide the number of votes, we could roll a die/toss three coins/inky pinky ponky etc. So we should probably have a vote in which we vote for the method that should be used to decide the votes that people get while voting in the vote for the best map, which is the same as the votes given in the vote for the best map. We could also vote for the votes in this vote, and roll a die etc. for that. By now we should all be tired and fall asleep. So lets all count the number of dreams we get, and take an average number. But we will all have dreams about voting for votes and inky pinky ponkying while riding on pink ponies. As a result it will be hard to distinguish between two dreams. So we can all vote for what counts as two separate dreams and what does not. And then we'll have a vote for the number of votes in that vote. By then, August 5th would have come and gone and people would have already voted. We can take an average number of votes per person and disqualify all those who haven't voted with exactly these number of votes. That sounds about right. /trolling

This will go down in RMN history. Now who want's to vote on that!
If two more kind people of RMN will submit a map, then we will have beaten the number of submissions in 2k3!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Marrend, you are a horrible person. Not for "vaguely thinking of who to vote for", or "not made any concrete decision", but because you knew what the word fortnight meant without using dictionary.com.

So, basically, I'm a horrible person for vaguely thinking of who to vote for since the "fortnight left" message, not making any concrete decision and knowing the definition of "fortnight" without using dictonary.com. Got it!

Also, the number of votes one gets for the vote on how many votes one gets for the contest is directly proportional to one's makerscore.

Side note: I had to re-read that last paragraph to make sure I said that right. I think I did, but...
Now, in all seriousness, how many votes should each person get?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Each person should get 2 votes, the one they liked the most and one that is either equal to the first(and they can't decide) or "2nd place" to the first one they chose.

That way you can maybe have a 1st place winner and a 2nd place winner depending on the votes.
RED ALERT!!! Scourge's name shows Rhyme's map in the main post.
Marrend
With people getting multiple votes, we could have a tie for first. Highly improbable as that possibility is, it would be kinda awkward if it happens.

Personally, I'm cool with only getting one vote. Even if I end up rolling a virtual die for it!
author=InfectionFiles
That way you can maybe have a 1st place winner and a 2nd place winner depending on the votes.

author=Marrend
With people getting multiple votes, we could have a tie for first. Highly improbable as that possibility is, it would be kinda awkward if it happens.

Both of these happen with multiple or single votes.
Marrend
author=psy_wombats
Both of these happen with multiple or single votes.

True, I suppose. I dunno. If we get multiple votes, I guess they can be tiered? Such as vote for #1 gets 3 points, vote for #2 gets 2 points, and vote for #3 gets 1 point, or something.

Didn't somebody already suggest that?