WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH SQUARES? (VX RTP MAPPING CONTEST)

author=Ben_Random
author=Marrend
@ LaudableDread: I hate to burst bubbles, but that girl isn't RTP. Not as far as I can tell. Exchange her with an RTP girl, and you're gold, though!
You're right Marrend! I will PM LaudableDread.

Oops, well, no big deal, just change the character and we're done :)
author=LaudableDread
author=Ben_Random
author=Marrend
@ LaudableDread: I hate to burst bubbles, but that girl isn't RTP. Not as far as I can tell. Exchange her with an RTP girl, and you're gold, though!
You're right Marrend! I will PM LaudableDread.
Oops, well, no big deal, just change the character and we're done :)

Laudable Dread's submission is now out of pending.

Now, I wonder when my Super Doki Doki World review
will get out of pending.
So, accounting for time differences, how many hours until judging?
I know it's August 1st, but is that GMT, PST etc.. ?
Sorry to pester ^^
author=LaudableDread
So, accounting for time differences, how many hours until judging?
I know it's August 1st, but is that GMT, PST etc.. ?
Sorry to pester ^^

Central Time Zone.
GMT -6 then ^^ good to know, will keep watching xD
Ocean
Resident foodmonster

Eh, gave it a try, hopefully it's not too late.
author=Ocean
Eh, gave it a try, hopefully it's not too late.

I'll except your entry ocean, but your the last one.
Compared with the others, mine seems decidedly toned down.. maybe because of the setting actually within my game..?
author=LaudableDread
Compared with the others, mine seems decidedly toned down.. maybe because of the setting actually within my game..?

Possible. As I said before, Ocean's entry is the last one I will except, but if you really want to edit your map, I'll let you PM me a revised copy before the 1st.

@Everyone
I am sending Kentona the list of participants so he can begin the whole "achievement" thing. This means no more new participants.
Sure you've cut off the entries, but I thought I'd swoop in.

author=ShortStar
Sure you've cut off the entries, but I thought I'd swoop in.

Fine ShortStar. Since you had said you would submit earlier, I'll except it.
author=Ben_Random
author=LaudableDread
Possible. As I said before, Ocean's entry is the last one I will except, but if you really want to edit your map, I'll let you PM me a revised copy before the 1st.

Nah, it looks the same in game, so I'm just going to leave it to see if anyone votes for it heh...

Though, since ShortStar's, the possibility has definitely gone even further away xD
You shouldn't accept mine.
author=ShortStar
You shouldn't accept mine.

And you should have an avatar, so now we're even.
I do have an avatar. But the site holding the avatar has been iffy. Who says I need an avatar when I'm a star?
Sorry to double post... but for the next mapping contest, you should be forced to make a town no smaller than 45x40 with an inn, item shop, weapon shop, armor shop, pub interiors... then we can take all of them and make an overworld map. If we get half the submissions we got now... we'd have a game without dungeons.
author=ShortStar
Sorry to double post... but for the next mapping contest, you should be forced to make a town no smaller than 45x40 with an inn, item shop, weapon shop, armor shop, pub interiors... then we can take all of them and make an overworld map. If we get half the submissions we got now... we'd have a game without dungeons.

Are you serious ShortStar? I would love to do something like that. I would be willing to judge. (This voting thing is kind of a hassle). We also both know how you and I just love making dungeons. I think we could have a real game on our hands if we do this. PM me your thoughts, I don't want this thread to get off topic.
I'm serious yes. Right now we have eyeballs and a pinned topic and 20 people who participated in this mapping thing. I will mention that here right now so people can say great idea or terrible idea. I'll PM you.
author=ShortStar
I'm serious yes. Right now we have eyeballs and a pinned topic and 20 people who participated in this mapping thing. I will mention that here right now so people can say great idea or terrible idea. I'll PM you.

Yay! Now I'm excited.
Sent. This could just be a stepping stone that there's interest in RPG VXing. Instead of the old... well I'd participate if this was RPG 2K3. However, making a town and interiors is more involved than making a screenshot.