PS3 VS 360

Pages: first 123 next last
Theres a war going on between the pros and cons with PS3s and XBox 360s and everyone has VERY different opinions. Here's mine:

First up, i wanna say im a PS3 person and support the PS3 even though the big HACK early this year gave up some credit cards. SOME not ALL like everyone says. Anyway, heres why.
_____
|PROS:\
>PS3 is a silent running machine. The XBox has a very loud cooling system so If you playing late past your 'bedtime' and you still live with your parents? Youre screwed buddy.
>The PS3 doesnt overheat rapidly like the XBox does.
>The PS3 plays Blu-Ray disks so that means 3D gaming is possible.
>The PS3 has free internet access. So as long as you have a wireless internet, you can play online and you dont have to pay monthly prices.
>The PS3 controller is a motion sensor. 'Shake your controller to shake off a zombie' sort of thing.
>And last, the PS3 can have 7 players. But that rarely happens in games.
_____
|CONS\
>Expensive.
>Some controllers require 'dongles' that break real easily.
>Doesnt have Halo or GOW or or stuff like that.

BUT THATS NOT EXACTLY WHY I PLAY PS3
I play PS3 because, ill admit, Im only 13 but still. Anyway, I grew up with the PlayStation consoles. PS1 and PS2. I never did play xbox because I was happy enough with the PlayStation. They had all the good games back then after Nintendo came out with N64. So there. Im a PS3 person because I grew up with the PS franchise. Go on, post your opinions, we're all friends here!
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
I thought this petty argument died out a few years back.
author=Despite

The PS3 and XBOX 360 wasnt invented 'a few years back'.
But yeah, some gave up and some didnt. My friends keep annoying me saying 'dude you should play xbox man it kicks ps3s ass' and now I cant stop thinkin about it.......
I'm not really a console person. It's too hard to get the TV, and I don't like having the game blaring out throughout the house. I'm more of a handheld person myself(my computer sucks).
the only thing missing is a pros and cons for x box 360

personally i like them both equally.
What Fallen said, when I was deciding which console to buy, I checked the games available, and went for PS3 for God of War, Infamous, Disgaea 3 etc....

Someone else might like shooters, so he would pick the 360 for GoW and Halo (I don't see why would anyone like them, but that's just my opinion)...

It's just a matter of what games you want to play. Sure, both consoles have their pros and cons, and you can list them all you want, but without their games, both consoles are just a piece of junk.
I was always a Sega fanboy, had the Master System, Mega Drive, Saturn and Dreamcast, but I also got a PlayStation 1 and after the Dreamcast died, a PlayStation 2. I now own an XBox 360.

There were several major factors that contributed to this decision

- 99.9% of my friends had XBox 360s. If I wanted to play against them online, it would have to be on a 360.

- The exclusive games. At the time, the 360 had a much more attractive library than the PS3.

- PlayStation lost a LOT of exclusives! Xbox versions of Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy, Tekken etc meant I wouldn't be missing out on my favourites.

- Fuck wireless, I ONLY trust ethernet cables (I just do not trust wireless), meaning not having a built in wireless function was never an issue.

- My XBox pads double as PC pads.

- Loud? Really? You must play your games on silent to hear it over the game audio!

- No required installs! When I was in uni we had a 360 and a PS3, and the amount of time mandatory installs on PS3 would make us wait several minutes and take up alot of hard drive space when the exact same game would play immediately on 360 was incredibly frustrating.

I admit the XBox 360 has it's issues (Live costs £23 a year, and that's after haggling with them over the phone - in stores it's typically £34.99 a year, but then PSN Plus exists now so...), and the older models had the famous red ring which is now all but a distant memory...

Neither console is perfect, but I won't get a PS3 for quite some time, and when I do it'll be purely for Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and Kingdom Hearts if it stays PlayStation exclusive (unlikely, seeing as there are DS KH games). I tried Resistance, and really, it held no water with me, but then I don't really like Gears that much either.

Also, this petty argument did die several years back, don't try and say the consoles didn't exist a few years ago! The 360 launched in 2006, five years ago XD
author=Despite

Yeah, it just about did. We don't really need a topic like this trying to revive it. >_>

Personally, though, as video games are my passion, I like every single system equally. So much so that I want them all. They all have their own pros and cons, but what the fuck doesn't. My motto: "quit squabbling and just play some games."
It's almost heartbreaking to see that people are STILL arguing about this. Seriously, it's been what, four years? Grow up.
author=Mitsuhide_The_Vagrant
Personally, though, as video games are my passion, I like every single system equally. So much so that I want them all. They all have their own pros and cons, but what the fuck doesn't. My motto: "quit squabbling and just play some games."

Hit the nail precisely on the head.

I got a ps3 simply because I could choose only one, but when I get the money, I will (hopefully) get all of them , want to play games on PS2, XBOX, Wii, DS and PSP, each of them has some games I'd like to try eventually.
author=Despite

It did. When everyone agreed that the PC was the best platform. (I was going to put PC in all caps for effect, but then realized that it is always in caps. That's how awesome it is)

PC GAMING OH YEAAAHH. Where else can you play Dwarf Fortress anyway? (I play PC for its exclusives I suppose)
SNES vs Genesis - WHICH ONE IS BEST?

Also, I went with PS3 because they can play Blu-ray. And my PS3 is loud as fuck. >:|
The PS3 is the superior media playback device. Getting the 360 to steam from my computer is a bigger pain with playback issues, the PS3 media server works pretty good!

*edit*
Oh and the PS3 has better controller batteries. No need to change batteries when they die (or buy a battery pack), just plug it in! Also my 360 has issues with rechargeables, they're a bit bigger than regular batteries and getting them in and out is a nightmare.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
This argument is petty. Let us refocus on energies on debating the merits of rm2k/3 vs. rmxp/vx.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
author=Mitsuhide_The_Vagrant
My motto: "quit squabbling and just play some games."
x1000000
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I kind of want a PS3 so I can play my old Playstation games and still keep up with awesome titles like Sonic Generations. Aside from that, people should get consoles for the games that are on the system, not for the console itself.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Can we lock this flamewar attempt? This is a non-issue.
I don't have either of these, but, if I had to choose, it'd be the 360. Just because of the name, understand?
author=Ratty524
I kind of want a PS3 so I can play my old Playstation games and still keep up with awesome titles like Sonic Generations. Aside from that, people should get consoles for the games that are on the system, not for the console itself.

gonna need a first gen ps3 for that

PC is definitely the best. However, I do like PS3 controllers because they are so much simpler to get to work with a computer for emulation. It's pretty retarded how Plug'n Play 360 controllers have zero data transfer in the USB cable; only charge (however, I'm not surprised whatsoever). This wouldn't be a problem if I had a dongle, but that's more money that I'd have to spend.

For the record, most new games/systems/etc. aren't that great. All hyped up shooters do the same thing, all RPGs have the same fire spell/potion/sword play, all platformers have..platforming.. I can't remember the last game I couldn't put down. It's been many many years.
Pages: first 123 next last