WHAT BROWSER DO YOU USE?

Pages: first 12 next last
A discussion in Help & Requests has prompted me to pose the question:

What browser do you use?

I am wondering because, while the world uses IE the most, I wonder if that is the case here at RMN, seeing as how we are generally gamer nerds with some computer savvy. I have a feeling a disproportionate number of us use Firefox (but I could be wrong).

Also, this site is coded and designed to work in Firefox, and really no other browser is tested. We are a small private free site and we just don't have the resources to make sure it is compatible with more than one browser. I don't see it as being that much of a problem, but it got me wondering if choosing Firefox as our primary browser was a good fit...(I suspect it is).

Anywho, when browsing this site, I use Opera. While at work, I use Firefox. I have yet to earnestly use IE 7.0, but I do use IE 6.0 at work for work related things (like making sure our web app looks NOT RETARDED in IE - which IE is prone to doing).

So, how about you?

DISCLAIMER
We will NOT be modifying the site to be compatible with another browser, even if it turns out that Konqueror is the most popular here. This is just a philosophical discussion.

I.E and Firefox, which ever I feel like using. (Although, I get signing in problems with I.E sometimes so I often have to switch to use Firefox) never used Opera and i've never once heard of Konqueror.
Internet Explorer. Firefox is for emo kids.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Haha. Konquerer.

I use Firefox, but I wish it was made better. It's made pretty badly. I would use Opera but I do not like the interface.

IE6 is awful. IE7 is much better.
I currently use firefox at the moment. I use to use opera but moved on from that and i plain never use internet explorer.
I'm not a computer person, is Opera the Mac one? What's Konqueror?
Konqueror is part of the K Desktop Environment for Linux. It's a browswer, file explorer, file viewer, and archive viewer/extractor.
author=Canuck link=topic=904.msg12046#msg12046 date=1208258432
I'm not a computer person, is Opera the Mac one?

Isn't it Safari or something?
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Safari is the default browser on OS X, yes.
author=WIP link=topic=904.msg12069#msg12069 date=1208275952
Safari is the default browser on OS X, yes.

I disagree because the correct name for the default browser in OS X is LAMO BROWSER FOR EMO KIDS
As I said in the other topic, I am a Firefox man.
I'm a dedicated user of FireFox myself, but I wish it was coded better and used a little less memory.
Opera, myself. One thing people don't realize is that the interface is easily customizable -- I tweak my interface the moment I install it. :P

If I need to use ActiveX or something else which is broken in Opera, I'll use Firefox, but usually Opera's just fine -- much better RAM consumption, too.
Does Firefox use ActiveX!? I don't think it can. ???

I use Firefox and IE7 depending on what sites I go to. Recently though, IE7 decided to stop working (ActiveX issue, coincidence?)
Magi
Resident Terrapin
I've actually realized that Firefox eats an unreasonable amount of memory that only increases over time, but despite that still choose to use it. It introduced me to tabbed browsing and since then haven't gone to anything else.

If I had to switch though, I would likely use Opera. I've been told it actually does some things better and more efficiently than FF and am interested in knowing exactly what better entails!
Firefox, although that memory eating monster is annoying :'(
WIP
Firefox 2 eats monster like none other. They've really fixed this with Firefox 3, thankfully.
Pages: first 12 next last