MAKING A TRAILER

Pages: first 12 next last
Hey! Sorry if this is a redundant question, though I'm sure it has been asked before.
I want to make a kind of trailer/commercial to hype the release of my game.
What is a reasonable free video capture program (preferably with a reasonable watermark) I can use to collect various videos and compile them together (maybe even edit them)
Is something like this fairly straight forward? I don't want to spend too much time learning a new program and compiling this trailer when I could be finishing the game up.
Google hypercam 2. It works wonders for me.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I use Debut Video Capture Software to initially record the videos, and then Windows Movie Maker to convert them to a reasonable file size (and splice or add effects if necessary) before uploading them to Youtube. Debut Video Capture is free, and Windows Movie Maker comes free with Windows. Neither applies any sort of watermark.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
author=pyrodoom
camstudio

this ^^
I was hoping that I could use Windows Movie Maker somehow, being that I have some experience with it. Thank you for all the fast suggestions!
I think I will try Debut Video Capture Software first.
I'm excited now!
*narrator voice* "In a world of magic and heroes..." *cough*
This commercial is gonna be epic.
It needs to have the Carmina Burama in it.
For any of my trailers, I use Corel Videostudios Pro X3 for pretty much editing or conversion for all my movies, and FRAPS to record the gameplay and such. I payed about $100 for Corel, but I use it mostly for school projects and random movies, so it was worth it.

EDIT: Looking forward to your awesome trailer! :D
author=Ben_Random
Google hypercam 2. It works wonders for me.

I read that hypercam 2 was riddled with spyware
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Buramna(just a detail.)
If I ever want to edit, I'll use the help of these 4 programs:Sony Vegas 10 Pro, Audicity(for sound editing),Windows Movie Maker 2.6/live(live for webcam use and 2.6 for faster movie saving/rendering after clipping together, also probably for voice overs, I don't use Audicity for that unless I feel like it).
You may need a few thing extra if you need a little more than just a few audio/movie recording/editing programs.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=Brent
For any of my trailers, I use Corel Videostudios Pro X3 for pretty much editing or conversion for all my movies, and FRAPS to record the gameplay and such. I payed about $100 for Corel, but I use it mostly for school projects and random movies, so it was worth it.

EDIT: Looking forward to your awesome trailer! :D

Lol, it's 50 USD now. U mad :p

EDIT: o wait.. that's X4.. nvm. Well the upgrade is 40 USD :3
Shit -- really? Damn it!

Corel hornswoggled me! Oh well...I still love using it. :D
So, I tried that Debut Video Capture Software with great success. It was free and very easy to use. I totally recommend it! It also came with VideoPad which turned out to be a pretty spiffy editor. I finally got around to making that trailer.
It turned out better than I was hoping, but it did lag a bit in spots. It's a little long, but I tried to keep it interesting.

ARGH! I'm trying to record some game vids but I can't get the sound recorded.

I have a few programs, first I tried Capture wiz. No sound. I tried changing the "input device" in the options, but no matter what I choose I still get no sound

Then I downloaded Debut Profressional, but still no sound. In the options for that program the check is there to record sound. Fiddled with the settings but nothing works. When I try to change the audio channel it attempts to install something but fails.

I'm assuming the issue is that the program is not recording the correct sound channel, but nothing seems to work.

I'm on vista 64-bit, any ideas? Also, would anybody be willing to do this for me? Right now I'm just trying to record about 1min of my games opening scene. At some point I'd like to get this fixed, but I just want this short vid in the meantime T.T
Does anyone want a trailer for their game? I love making them, free of charge!
The trailer and the game look good Demicrusaius, but I think it could use some ridiculous hype, similar to what we saw for Final Fantasy VII:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9pF9BJQBLo

THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER! I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IT! WOO!

So how about this...

"In a world where good and evil are preparing for their final battle, where a man's worth is measured by the spikiness of his hair, a hero emerges to battle the oncoming darkness. Only the bravest of gamers dare to join him on his quest, spanning a massive game world, 9 different job classes and multiple paths leading to two different fates. Demicrusaius invites you to experience his latest masterpiece; an epic for all time, with a message for all generations. Beyond life, beyond death, Beyond Eden.

Become the legend."

(Game not yet rated).

author=Link_2112
I'm assuming the issue is that the program is not recording the correct sound channel, but nothing seems to work.

I am no expert, but it sounds to me that it may be an outdated sound card. Maybe you could look up driver updates?

author=Lucidstillness
The trailer and the game look good Demicrusaius, but I think it could use some ridiculous hype:
"In a world where good and evil are preparing for their final battle, where a man's worth is measured by the spikiness of his hair, a hero emerges to battle the oncoming darkness. Only the bravest of gamers dare to join him on his quest, spanning a massive game world, 9 different job classes and multiple paths leading to two different fates. Demicrusaius invites you to experience his latest masterpiece; an epic for all time, with a message for all generations. Beyond life, beyond death, Beyond Eden.

Themsome classy words, my friend! The page is slowly coming together and I add fireworks and explosions here and there.
My real goal is just to create a sleeper-hit that will reach a few of the people who are interested and hopefully word will spread.
Thanks for the support!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I dunno man. Are you trying to make it record the computer's sound channel directly, or record whatever comes in through the microphone?
author=Link_2112
sound problems

right-click on your volume icon, go to "recording devices". right-click in the whitespace and "show disabled devices". "stereo mix" should then appear and you can turn it on.

once I did that, I was able to record sound with my screen recording software (I use camtasia 6) by having it record from the stereo mix rather than from the speakers or something else.
author=Despain
author=Link_2112
sound problems
right-click on your volume icon, go to "recording devices". right-click in the whitespace and "show disabled devices". "stereo mix" should then appear and you can turn it on.

However on certain soundcards this too is impossible and then you're out of luck. (my soundcard is one of those that have a built-in block against enabling stereo mix) However FRAPS has an option to "Record Win7 Sound" which would record the actual gamesounds. I also hope that more sound recorders will support that eventually because not having stereo mix available can be a bitch.
Pages: first 12 next last