EVENT TOUCH PROBLEM IN VX

Pages: 1
Event Touch doesn't seem to trigger in VX when the Through flag is checked. This prevents flying encounters from working correctly. How can I get them to trigger?

Ideally I want it to work like in XP, which basically means they do trigger when they hit the player.
Make them not through? Or make a move pattern where it goes through > move > not through > move and repeat.
The first solution means they aren't really flying. The second works, but has side effects (50% chance of moving right trough the player) that I'd rather avoid. But thanks anyway.
author=Crystalgate
Event Touch doesn't seem to trigger in VX when the Through flag is checked. This prevents flying encounters from working correctly. How can I get them to trigger?

Ideally I want it to work like in XP, which basically means they do trigger when they hit the player.

I am also having problems with the event touch command in vx. It is a very finicky command. The same goes to player touch.
uh work in your limitations... then what you do is make a parallel event that checks the player position and compares it to the flying object's position. Like Zelda 3's whistle.
author=Ben_Random
I am also having problems with the event touch command in vx. It is a very finicky command. The same goes to player touch.

If you're getting an unexpected outcome, try changing the priority of the event and see what happens. In particular, it often matters whether or not an event is on the same level as the character.

Anyway, I managed to find a solution to the problem. I'm not sure if that solution works without at the same time introducing some nasty bugs, but I've definitely got the through events to trigger now. I'll post the solution in case someone wants to know.

In Game_Event, find a part of the code that says following:
def check_event_trigger_auto
start if @trigger == 3
end

Change it to following:
def check_event_trigger_auto
if @trigger == 2 and $game_player.pos?(x, y)
start if not jumping?
end
start if @trigger == 3
end

Again, the solution is not bug tested, so use at own risk.

author=ShortStar
uh work in your limitations... then what you do is make a parallel event that checks the player position and compares it to the flying object's position. Like Zelda 3's whistle.

Working in one's limitation is all fine, but doesn't it make sense to actually check if it is a limitation in the first place? It seems to me like a waste to work in a limitation that isn't really a limitation. I'll look into the parallel event idea if my solution does turn out to have bad side effects though.
Pages: 1