MOVEMENT

Pages: 1
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
What I'm needing help with, is something that I'm trying to make.
It is a platform that you'd stand on, and control which direction that it would go.
Say if you click up, it goes up. Left = left, right = right, and down = down. But I don't wish for it to fly over things such as the land you'd need to get to. But I can't have it be 'Same level as hero' in the events or else it won't move the character, and if below Hero it would fly over the ground on me. But I wanted to change it so when it moves it just re-teleports you to the spot you'd be standing on, but the thing is, I wouldn't be able to make it teleport 1 spot ahead each time, so it is like it is moving you on the platform. Does anyone have any idea as to how I could fix this? 2k3 by the way.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You know RM2K3 has a "vehicles" feature designed for exactly this.
Thiamor
But it would be 1 vehicle and my platform is pretty big.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
There is a patch for RM2K3 that lets you make sprites almost as big as the entire screen, if you don't already have it.
Thiamor
Never even knew of it.
Thiamor
What would be the name of this patch?
Thiamor
It says that is for 2000. Would it work for 2K3, as well?
Hm my bad, doesn't seem it would. Could you elaborate your problem in more detail? Your platform is basically made up of 16x16 floor tile charsets right?
Thiamor
There are 6 events. Each event is one square. When I click to move up 1 square, my guy will go with it, but only if it is set to be under the hero. If it is the same level as he hero, he won't move with it. My main problem is fixing it so that the events will stop when coming to a floor. The only way to do that is to have it the same level as the hero and invisible events (for me) that are also that same level. But they float over top of it, and will do so if it is under the hero as well.

And if I could set up a teleporting system that would teleport the right direction each time it moves up, then I could do it. But I can't set that up.
author=thiamor
The only way to do that is to have it the same level as the hero and invisible events (for me) that are also that same level. But they float over top of it, and will do so if it is under the hero as well.

does the "Forbid Event Overlap" option prevent that? (it's under event layer)
Thiamor
I think that I tried that. But I'll do it again, just to be sure.
Thiamor
Here is another question.
Is there a way to make an event act like a ship, instead of having that event call out where the ship will be? 2K3.
Pages: 1