TOP TEN TOPIC: CONSOLES!

Pages: first 12 next last
Straightforward topic this week: Consoles! List your favorite systems for playing video games, whether it be handheld consoles, traditional hook-up-to-the-TV consoles, computers, cell phones, whatever!

(This is totally a nostalgia Top 10, based on how many fond memories you have playing video games on a console.)

..:: Top 10 List of Favorite Consoles ::..

10. Cell Phone
Unlike Him, I can take a crap without lugging around a PSP. But, usually I have my cellphone handy for a quick game of Pipe Dream.

9. Atari 2600
Super Breakout rocks, and I didn;t mind the Pac-Man clone. Tons of other arcade genre games graced this system, and some of their gameplay designs still hold up now.

8. Xbox 360
This is so low in the rankings simply because I don't own one, or really know anyone who does.

7. N64
Despite the bad rap, the N64 has some quality games like Smash Bros. and Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64...there's a theme here somewhere. Oh, and GoldenEye is the best console shooter ever.

6. Xbox
It took awhile before I liked this system, but then I got Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - one of the greatest games ever created. Playing Amped and Burnout 3 with my own music tracklist was awesome, too. Prince of Persia rocked as well.

5. PS3
Rock Band! Backwards compatibility so I can play the PS1 and PS2 libraries (I completely missed out on them)! Blu-ray player! I admit I like my PS3.

4. NES
The console that defines consoles. The reason why your parents call all consoles "Nintendos". This console revived the flagging industry and stood tall for a decade.

3. Wii
Wheeeeee!

2. PC
The PC is just plain awesome as a gaming rig, because it is so chock full of possibilities! Plus it runs RM2k3.

1. SNES
The greatest gaming system ever.

*NOTE*

Feel free to post in any of the previous Top 10 topics! Necroposting does not apply to these topic by decree of Junior Executive Vice President kentona ESQ.

Previous Top Ten Topics:
Week 27: Top 10 Games You'd Like To See On The VC
Week 26: Top 10 Favorite Arcade Genre Games
Week 25: Top 10 Favorite Bands
Week 24: Top 10 Favorite Card Games
Week 23: Top 10 Favorite Songs of the Moment
Week 22: Top 10 Favorite Board Games
Week 21: Top 10 Favorite Comic Books/Series
Week 20: Top 10 Favorite Simpsons Episodes
Week 19: Top 10 Favorite Disney Movies
Week 18: Top 10 Favorite PS2 Games
Week 17: Top 10 Favorite Books (Non-Fiction)
Week 16: Top 10 Favorite Robots
Week 15: Top 10 Favorite Sports
Week 14: Top 10 Favorite Books (Fiction)
Week 13: Top 10 Favorite Xbox Games
Week 12: Top 10 Favorite Christmas Gifts
Week 11: Top 10 Favorite Movies of 2007
Week 10: Top 10 Favorite Nintendo DS Games
Week 9: Top 10 Favorite Gamecube Games
Week 8: Top 10 Favorite Playstation Games
Week 7: Top 10 Favorite Movies
Week 6: Top 10 Favorite PC Games
Week 5: Top 10 Favorite NES Games
Week 4: Top 10 Favorite Comic Strips
Week 3: Top 10 Favorite TV Shows
Week 2: Top 10 Favorite N64 games
Week 1: Top 10 Favorite SNES games
10. Xbox
9. Cell Phone (pacman is the game i choose)
8. Dreamcast
7. NES
6. Xbox 360
5. PS3
4. N64
3. PC
2. Wii
1. SNES
Toughie. =X
I am including handhelds because otherwise my list is incomplete!

1.) SNES
2.) Wii
3.) PS2
4.) N64
5.) GCN
6.) PSX
7.) DS
8.) GBA
9.) PC
10.) NES
1) SNES
2) Playstation 2
3) Nintendo DS
4) Wii
5) Classic Gameboy

I think the DS will probably move up on this list pretty soon. There a couple of coming-soons that will sway me in its favour. There are also a lot of good ones already out there that I have yet to play, that would also capture my heart.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
1. SNES
2. PC
3. Playstation 2
4. Wii
5. NES
6. N64
7. Sega Genesis
8. Gameboy
9. Xbox
10. GBA
Man I don't even know if I have owned ten platforms in my life. Well I guess I will list everything I have ever had and just rank them:

1. Playstation (has most of my favorite games)
2. Super Nintendo (has most of the rest of my favorite games)
3. Playstation Portable (mine has poop all over it!)
4. Xbox 360 (it really is amazing guys)
5. Playstation 3 (I am very fond if it even though I never play it)
6. PC (includes Windows and DOS? Good primarily because of its legacy)
7. GBA (a ton of pretty good games even though there weren't any amazing ones)
8. Game Boy (the games really sucked but it was my only option on the road)
9. Sega Genesis (exclusively because Sonic and Phantasy Star are amazing)
10. DS (Because it's the only one left)

NEGATIVE INFINITY: Wii (Because I absolutely never play mine except for when I want to play Gamecube games or games that were scheduled for Gamecube and later switched to Wii and also because the Wiimote gives me wrist cramps and I am pianist so I need to care of them dude)

author=BlindMind link=topic=913.msg12182#msg12182 date=1208380793
Toughie. =X
I am including handhelds because otherwise my list is incomplete!
You may have noticed that I never listed any handhelds because I have never owned one!
1: Playstation
2: SNES
3: Wii
4: NES
5: Xbox 360
6: Playstation 2
7: N64
8: DS
9: Xbox
10: GBA

Hard to sort in order like that.

PS1 is my favorite because it has my favorite game.
Hahah I forgot to list PS2 even though it's definitely my favorite actually.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
1. SNES
2. Super Famicon
3. Super Nintendo
4. Super Nintendo Entertainment System
5. Playstation 1
6. Gameboy Advance
7. Playstation 2
8. PC
9. Nintendo DS
10.I don't think there are even 10 game systems are there????
11.RPG Maker
1. Playstation
2. Super Nintendo
3. Playstation 2
4. Nintendo
5. Gamecube
6. Wii
7. Nintendo DS
8. Gameboy Advance
9. Nintendo 64
10. Dreamcast
Let's see if I can come up with ten. I will only list ones I've owned. Or... well... The family has owned.

1. PC with Windows XP
It can play a lot. As long as it has decent specs. And even without decent specs if it can run XP it can run a lot of newer freeware. Most of my online gaming has been through the XP and the variety of games I've played are astonishing.

2. PC with Windows 9x
Second best after the XP. I'll just count all the 9x as one even though technically it's more than one. I did play some awesome game on those though. I didn't ever have anything before 95 though so I have no 3.1 or MS-DOS gaming memories. But 95 could play both of those kinds of games so I had fun anyway. And certain DOS games don't run so well on the XP so this "platform" has some semi-exclusive games too. This was the platform I first played Nintendo ROMS on too. Which was fun and games.

3. Game Boy Pocket
Sure I liked my regular Game Boy. But it broke and the Pocket is so much better. In fact it completely substituted my regular one in my memory so once when I saw the original again I was astonished at how damn huge it was. In my memory it was almost the same size at the Pocket. The pocet has everything going for it. Sharper image, less batteries (and at least equal if not longer battery life)

The Game Boy also had the best game ever made. Tetris.

4. NES
Mostly for nostalgic reasons. Loads of fun during beautiful summer days spent indoors with the NES instead of being outside playing football. Though to be honest we did play a lot of football too. Of course we also played football on the NES, Nintendo World Cup, Goal! and Tecmo Cup Soccer. And bunches of games that were really awesome and great looking when we were kids. Imagining up our own games and their mechanics. Such as the (probably far from first) school-attacking game. Where you'd essentially vandalize a school in a platformer. And we didn't even think that it'd be controversial in any way...

5. Wii
Finally we're getting more recent. The Wii kicks ass, not because of it's lacking game library but because of its backwards compatibility and Virtual Console. Essentially it is all the GameCube was only more. With games exclusive for it. So in that way it can't in any way be worse than the game cube and must be higher on the list.

I also really enjoy wasting fifteen minutes on Wiigames. Like shooting zombies or driving a bit in Excite Truck. I'm also hoping that goddamn piece of shit game called Brawl will be out some day.

6. Nintendo DS Lite
The NDS Lite is an awesome system. And it can play my GBA games too. It can't play my GB games so that's why the GB is higher up. If it could it'd be the perfect game system ever. Right now it's just very good. Although I have very few titles for it. All the titles I have have been worth it. Elite Beat Agents and Meteos especially so.

7. GameCube
Not exactly the winner of winners. But I had some good times with it. And we had one of those GBA adaptors so I got to play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance without wasting batteries. I also had fun with my little brother playing those regular multiplatform games on the GC. Namely NHL and FIFA. Combine that with the Resident Evil exclusives and you get a winner in my book.

8. Game Boy Advance
The Game Boy Advance didn't really fill all the dreams I had but still the games I got for it were well worth it. It just didn't become too many of them. Thinking back I should have gotten more of those regular platformer games for the GBA. But on the other hand they all seemed to be SNES remakes. So I don't know. At least I can play them on my DS now.

9. Playstation
Playstation was alright. I played some Final Fantasies on it and that was basically all. The other games I tried didn't seem like much, though most of the PS games I played were demos. Looking back it all seemed kinda bland though. Crash Bandicoot was probably a pretty well done game.

10. Nintendo 64
The N64 had some great games. I had great fun with both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. And not to mention International Superstar Soccer 2000, which had a really funny career mode thingie. But most was probably Perfect Dark.
And a bit of Lylat Wars. And obviously Resident Evil 2. It's kinda funny because I think I've played every single Resident Evil game on a Nintendo console, no that was a lie because Nemesis was on the Playstation. Another reason it's above the N64. I'm a Resident Evil fanboy I guess.

author=Shinan link=topic=913.msg12770#msg12770 date=1208802401
And obviously Resident Evil 2. It's kinda funny because I think I've played every single Resident Evil game on a Nintendo console, no that was a lie because Nemesis was on the Playstation. Another reason it's above the N64. I'm a Resident Evil fanboy I guess.

Yeah seriously the Resident Evil series is incredibly good. The games are pretty averagely decent as far as play goes (except for Nemesis and RE:4 which are purely and legitimately fun to just play through), but they are really good games to get deeply into. The recent games have crazy special modes like Mercenaries that are as much fun and as long-lasting as any full top-down shooter and the huge diversity in ways you can tackle each game is astounding.

Resident Evil games are the sorts of games where the fourth time through one you realize that you have manage to beat Nemesis with the pistol and knife the first time he attacks you and that even though the game is designed for you to *not* do that, the designers accomodated you and offer sweet rewards. You can always download a FAQ and get it all spelled out for you, but I think one of the real charms of RE games is that their secrets are not really that *secret* but are rather things you will invariably stumble onto after a couple playthroughs.
Oh man this is tough.

1. Super Nintendo(if you use rpg maker this should automatically be your favorite)

2. Playstation 1(Nostalgia.)

3. Playstation 2(Best library of games next to the SNES)

4. Xbox 360(This would be number 1 simply because of how GOOD online play is with your friends. Seriously, if you don't have a 360 you're missing out)

5. PC(Starcraft, Half-Life 2, and the best fucking graphics ever)

6. PSP(I play games from my #1 and #2 top ten list on this)

7. Sega Genesis(Sonic, Streets of Rage, X-men, Phantasy Star)

8. Gameboy Advance(I remember trading pokemon at school!)

9. Nintendo 64(Super Smash Brothers, Mario 64...not much else)

10. Wii(Shouldn't be on here, but I couldn't think of anything else to put)
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
1)N64
2)PS2
3)Gameboy Advance
4)PSP
5)Wii
6)PC
7)Xbox 360
8)Gamecube
9)NES
10)N-Gauge Endorsed by Patrick Stewart(A cookie if you get this)
If I remembered to put PC on my list, it would be #4, bumping the rest down.
GW is down so I am visting my uncles Kenton and WIP/"at bungalow"

9 - Cybiko Handheld - The platform I made my first game for (4 greys)
8 - Gamecube (Borrowed one off a mate, was cool)
7 - XBOX 360, simply because of NHL 2007
6 - Sega Megadrive (STREETS OF RAGE)
5 - Gameboy Color (POKEMON)
4 - SNES (Harvest Moon, Mario, Most good FF games)
3 - Apple Mac LC Running MacOS 8.1 (Think Command and Conquer 1, Myst)
2 - Nintendo DS (Mario Kart)
1 - Playstation PSX (Gran Turismo, Crash Bandicoot, FF7)
0 - AMD 5000+ X2 @ 3 Ghz with 2Gb DDR2 800 and Geforce 8800 GTS (HL Series, Mafia, Call of Duty, Crysis, RM Games)
1) Snes
2) PS2
3) PC
4) PSX
5) GBA
6) Mobile Phone
7) PSP
8) Game Cube
9) iPod
10) Brain *

The snes is the single greatest gaming console ever created.

*I consider brain better than the rest of the competition because I have so much fun with it. Yes. My brain is a gaming console. >.<
author=Liberty link=topic=913.msg12997#msg12997 date=1208962210
*I consider brain better than the rest of the competition because I have so much fun with it. Yes. My brain is a gaming console. >.<

Does it have free multiplayer or do I need to pay for a subscription service?
Subscription, but it's a pretty fair price when considering the hours of entertainment involved in the package.

XP
Pages: first 12 next last