ANYONE LOOKING FOR A BUDDY?

Pages: 1
I have refrained from asking this many times, but the kindness on this website always surprises me. I mean, a lot of us (myself included) are sarcastic jaded jerks, but if it comes to a properly formatted somewhat articulate question or request, people are very accommodating especially on RMN.

Some of you know me, but for the most part I kinda keep to myself lurking on the forums and commenting on adorable screenshots.
My main project, Beyond Eden, has been a work in progress for about eight years. If you have ever played it, I encourage you to forget that you have done so. This game has been rewritten and redesigned from the ground up at least three times. It really should be much much longer, but I didn't know a whole lot when I started. It was by no means my first project, but at first I didn't set out to make much of the game or challenge myself.
It has become a labor of so much love that I can't help but continually add more to it and develop it farther, removing chunks of badly written or mapped areas and redoing bad code.

Much to my surprise, this project is less overwhelming than I remember and is seriously starting to shape up into something great. This game is winding down and I think a lot of you will be surprised by the amount of attention to detail and love put into characters. I am so proud that this is finishing, but as it does, I am requesting some specialized help to ensure that the game is polished before release.

What I am looking for, is a partner or two to commission a few specific pieces. Primarily, I need three bug testers. (At the end of September)

I have bug tested it myself countless times and am fairly certain that it should be smooth; however I also am very curious to get user feedback. I need sarcastic over critical jerks to tear down my hard work (never let them see you cry!) however, I also need to said jerk to give me solid feedback (Suggestions!?) and continue playing to the bitter end.

I also need some graphical help. I'm not asking for spriters to redo all of my battle charas (though one in particular could use some love and talent) but what I do need is a game over screen (I did mine myself and it is HILARIOUSLY awful), possibly better title screen, and a logo.

I could use some musical help too, but not necessarily in creating custom music. Though unique songs would be great, I pretty much hate my entire game's soundtrack as it stands, and each time I change it, it turns out to be a different kind of horrible. Maybe above bug testers could confirm my suspicions or suggest alternate song choices.

And lastly, I need some database help. Specifically, I was wondering if anyone had any abandoned rm2k3 projects that I could canabalize. I know that is a crazy/lazy request, but I was wondering if anyone interested in any of the above would want to combine forces and allow me to use otherwise unused/unfinished areas/puzzles/mini-games. Seeing other people's work is always inspiring, but I don't take anything without permission. Anything useable, would be edited to be properly implemented.

In return for these services, I hope to provide a similar exchange. My game is almost finished and I will be looking for something to fill in the time afterwards. I want a kind of "bounce ideas and resources back and forth" kind of partnership. I am good at mapping, (though it takes me a very long time because I do and redo an area eight times) and clever with story elements, pacing, and realistic dialogue. I give excellent feedback, and consider myself very good at coming up with improvement suggestions. I am good at coding mini-games and menus and such, but I haven’t tackled a full CBS yet.
I am willing to write reviews, or offer similar services (in terms of bug testing or post-Beyond Eden mapping)

Let's get a discussion going and see what we can do for each other!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Demicrusaius
I need sarcastic over critical jerks to tear down my hard work (never let them see you cry!) however, I also need to said jerk to give me solid feedback (Suggestions!?) and continue playing to the bitter end.

Fuck yes, sign me the hell up. That sounds exactly like me. I will even make a public Let's Try video out of my playtesting if you want! (If you don't want, I won't.)

I would also be willing to help you with the graphics you need. I am proficient with photoshop, but I won't pretend to actually know anything about graphic design or negative space or logo branding or whatever the hell. Essentially, I'll do it if no one more qualified offers.
Dude, a Let's Try would be *sing* AMAZING */sing*
But, I would want the videos of the finished product, so I will have to take you up on that offer after the bug testing/final revision is all done. Probably mid October.
Would you rather be a bug tester/tryer-outer/make-funner or make the Let's Try videos?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'd rather do the testing.

I might record it anyway, just to be useful to you privately.
author=LockeZ
I'd rather do the testing.
I might record it anyway, just to be useful to you privately.

Love it. Love everything about it. I will send it to you after the final areas are implemented, near the end of September.
8 years? Most of my projects I'm hoping to take up, if not 1 1/2, at most 1 year, but 8, that must be one big project! I don't feel like signing up, in fear it could take too much time out of games I'll be creating. But I would like to do a smaller project later on, would that be good?
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
author=Demicrusaius
I have refrained from asking this many times, but the kindness on this website always surprises me. I mean, a lot of us (myself included) are sarcastic jaded jerks, but if it comes to a properly formatted somewhat articulate question or request, people are very accommodating especially on RMN.

Some of you know me, but for the most part I kinda keep to myself lurking on the forums and commenting on adorable screenshots.
My main project, Beyond Eden, has been a work in progress for about eight years. If you have ever played it, I encourage you to forget that you have done so. This game has been rewritten and redesigned from the ground up at least three times. It really should be much much longer, but I didn't know a whole lot when I started. It was by no means my first project, but at first I didn't set out to make much of the game or challenge myself.
It has become a labor of so much love that I can't help but continually add more to it and develop it farther, removing chunks of badly written or mapped areas and redoing bad code.

Much to my surprise, this project is less overwhelming than I remember and is seriously starting to shape up into something great. This game is winding down and I think a lot of you will be surprised by the amount of attention to detail and love put into characters. I am so proud that this is finishing, but as it does, I am requesting some specialized help to ensure that the game is polished before release.

What I am looking for, is a partner or two to commission a few specific pieces. Primarily, I need three bug testers. (At the end of September)

I have bug tested it myself countless times and am fairly certain that it should be smooth; however I also am very curious to get user feedback. I need sarcastic over critical jerks to tear down my hard work (never let them see you cry!) however, I also need to said jerk to give me solid feedback (Suggestions!?) and continue playing to the bitter end.

I also need some graphical help. I'm not asking for spriters to redo all of my battle charas (though one in particular could use some love and talent) but what I do need is a game over screen (I did mine myself and it is HILARIOUSLY awful), possibly better title screen, and a logo.

I could use some musical help too, but not necessarily in creating custom music. Though unique songs would be great, I pretty much hate my entire game's soundtrack as it stands, and each time I change it, it turns out to be a different kind of horrible. Maybe above bug testers could confirm my suspicions or suggest alternate song choices.

And lastly, I need some database help. Specifically, I was wondering if anyone had any abandoned rm2k3 projects that I could canabalize. I know that is a crazy/lazy request, but I was wondering if anyone interested in any of the above would want to combine forces and allow me to use otherwise unused/unfinished areas/puzzles/mini-games. Seeing other people's work is always inspiring, but I don't take anything without permission. Anything useable, would be edited to be properly implemented.

In return for these services, I hope to provide a similar exchange. My game is almost finished and I will be looking for something to fill in the time afterwards. I want a kind of "bounce ideas and resources back and forth" kind of partnership. I am good at mapping, (though it takes me a very long time because I do and redo an area eight times) and clever with story elements, pacing, and realistic dialogue. I give excellent feedback, and consider myself very good at coming up with improvement suggestions. I am good at coding mini-games and menus and such, but I haven’t tackled a full CBS yet.
I am willing to write reviews, or offer similar services (in terms of bug testing or post-Beyond Eden mapping)

Let's get a discussion going and see what we can do for each other!

I have links to totally free 'Royalty' free music. That might come in handy. I'd give over Royalty free videos, too, but I can never find ones that are truly 'free'.
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
Pick me!!(^_^)/
(Reply through mailbox peez)lol.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
I can see if I can be of use in your spriting/graphics department.
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.

Really?
Have you seen Clyve?
HE'S THE JERK!!
Hell,never in my life have I called somebody a jerk before.
I dunno how old is he but I guess he's way older than I am for I am just 16.
what I do need is a game over screen (I did mine myself and it is HILARIOUSLY awful),

I can do so!(^_^)V

I'll be useful here.Look at the Russian roulette I programmed.

And the some of the stuff I made

So I'll wait for your reply!
If you are looking for music look into those song and see if anything fits you, its from a game called rusty hearts.

There are more of them in case you are interested.

Pages: 1