POST YOUR MUSIC

Listening to some of those make me wanna make some midi's of my own once again!

Castor, I've been playing classical piano for several years, and I can say your latest sounds legit to be a 'real' one... And it sounds fun to give it a try myself haha. Have been listening to some others of your work, and have to say, I really love your style ^^

This one is one of the few I once made. Made this one during the GameJam(2009). I kinda hadn't had any access to any of my software, so I was forced to make this on some program called anvil or something. Was kinda limited in instruments and sounds, but it worked nevertheless. This little thing was accompanying you during the(nearly impossible)bossbattle.

http://soundcloud.com/amrish-basdew/metal-luv-boss-battle

Edit: Right... Midi sounds waay better.. Stupid converter!!
Oh well :3
Was bored.

Points to whoever names the song without looking at the file name.

(meaning it's not a song I wrote :>)
http://geodud.tumblr.com/tagged/music

no original material on here just yet, i scrapped it all in a rage. all in good time
So i decided to post one of my songs here, really hope you guys enjoy it :D
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
http://vengeancefromthesky.bandcamp.com/

Technically not my own, but a friend/co-worker. I offered feedback etc.
just knocked this one out... its gonna be shop music in an rmxp game im working on. thoughts? like? dislike? want to collaborate on a game?

Shop Groove
CastorOnline
"Thank you guys... but I must go. My planet needs me."
Nice tunes over there!

@forsakethis
Not sure about your music direction, but maybe you should try to use some metals or horns with that kind of music, because the percussion set feels with much power and the winds instruments aren´t, I´m sure that with metals or horns the music shall sound more powerful and heroic, but maybe you didn´t wanted that.

@Deckiller
Nice recordings, are those real instruments? Sounds pretty good to me :)

@SeeR
Very nice one, I don´t know why I pictured the little mermaid...
Happy
Devil's in the details
Here's a map theme I was working on recently. My project file for the song got corrupted however, and I couldn't work it any further. I would have wanted to insert more repeats of the horns, for example.

Lands of Aurelia

author=CastorOnline
Nice tunes over there!
@SeeR
Very nice one, I don´t know why I pictured the little mermaid...

Steel drums.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
fuuck(bits and pieces weren't mine)
@Happy, Nice! The bells kind of seem not needed, mostly in the start of the song, thought I am not sure what one would replace it with.
@Newblack, I haven't heard of that song before, but it sounds nice, when you mean you didn't write it, you composed it, yes?
Happy
Devil's in the details
I'd just like to remind this topic is aimed for music you've created yourself.
CastorOnline
This is for a dragon game, it´s not a battle theme but sounds like it because when you arrive certain town a Dragon is destroying the town and you have to stop it, so this is the music:

http://soundcloud.com/j-moreno-2/facing-dragons
Hi! I'm Ben Babylon, a composer, and I just wanted to put my name on here! Here is one of my compositions:

So please email me at: benbabylonmusic@aol.com and I will WRITE songs FOR YOU! Anything you want! So email me :)

-Ben Babylon

TheNewBabylon
Hey guys! I'm new to this forum, and since I enjoy getting/giving criticism on music, this seems as good a place as any to start.

Battle Theme

This is a battle theme I am working on (and am nearly finished with) for a current project. I would love some comments on it!

Narcodis
The intro of your piece is pretty effin' epic. There are a couple of chords in the strings that seem placed at random, but the driving force behind the melody, the forward driving percussion, and the bass is all right where it needs to be.

Caster
I really like your irish tune! My only complaint would be about the beginning. When the instruments top, there is no taper, the sound just abruptly ends. Maybe put some reverb (or a little bit more so the instruments kind of have a ring), but besides that, I love it.

Babylon
The piano in your piece, mixed with eerie sound effects, makes me wonder exactly what setting this piece is meant to be in. It truly does fit the background, or the picture, shown in the video. This may be a personal preference, but out of the sfx you use in the piece, there is one that is very harsh, and raspy, that doesn't fit the mood that the piano is ultimately trying to convey. (It would make more sense if I knew what the setting was in.) When the texture of the sfx is subtle, it fits really well. When it becomes over-bearing, I think it takes away.

But aside from that, beautiful!
Hey m4uesviecr! Thanks for the criticism! Always looking for ways to get better. I am a young musician, just trying to get my name out there. This is actually one of my first pieces I have ever done for soundtracks…I am mainly a jazz/blues/rock singer/songwriter. But I've always been interested in this.
The place this is at is at what the game designer described as a place called "Paradise" but of course it isn't a really a Paradise. It is actually a horrible place filled with hidden battles and stuff. That is the reasoning for the SFX. It is very pretty and then all of a sudden . . . BOOM and then you start to realize you might be in trouble. But I understand your criticism.
I liked your music as well! I know that it isn't finished, but I love it. The only criticism I would give is that the melody…doesn't really have a very recognizable line and is sorta of scattered. Maybe if you made more of a melody that somebody could almost sing a long to, it would be great. But I still love it!
CastorOnline
Thank you for listening, I want to make a better mix of my tracks but I cant manage to make it, I just adquire a software called "Reaper" but I havent check it well, anyone knows a way to make better mixes??? That would helps.

Regards!

By the way, the Iris track is kind of old haha, I invite you to listen my newest tracks :)

Edit:

@m4uesviecr
I listened the battle theme, the only thing it would be good for you to learn is that is not necessary for an instrument, in your case, the strings section, to always play something, try to use the Violins II or Violas to give accents and power to the rythm instead of always play quavers. I would like to give more feedback but I have difficults to give feedback in English, also I´m not sure about the music technical names on english lol.

This is a Boss Battle theme for Altona´s Braver, a new project I´m working on!
I definitely agree with CastorOnline's opinion as well on @m4uesviecr. @CastorOnline, what do you think of my song? I love criticism.
I've been honing my dance skills and doing remix contests on IndabaMusic. Check out my page at www.indabamusic.com/people/tylerm
CastorOnline
@newbabylon
Sure, I´ll listen to it again later and try to say you something constructive!
Babylon:
Okay then! I figured it would possibly be something along those lines. You did a very good job of that!

Castor:
This piece is really good! The composition sounds exceptionally well-done. I have a hard time managing the clarity (some instruments are over-powering, or sound muddy, or it is difficult to hear what is playing what), which is more of an audio-thing, more-so than composition.

Loving the time signature switches.
---
This is another song I am working on. It is meant for a Temple, ruled by a Goddess, nestled in a forest somewhere.

Temple of the Goddess

I'd love some constructive crit.