POST YOUR MUSIC

Happy
Devil's in the details
Post any of your own music in this topic, either complete songs, or songs you're still working on. Doesn't matter if they're old or new, or how they've been created.

All feedback, commentary and discussion for songs posted in this thread is encouraged!
CastorOnline
"Thank you guys... but I must go. My planet needs me."
Oh sounds good! I will post my recent compositions here then :) here is one of the last i have made, its for and strategy online game called Realms of Mayhem, its the theme of the ground forces in the camp, training and all that hehe:

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
@sixe : yes, I do really like piano, that sound.... is a pleasure, good song!

@CastorOnline : professional work, great music!
CastorOnline
@sixe: I do like pianos too, the valse its a very good one, you made a good managment of the first section with the variation ;)

@chana: Thank you, i will post more later when i get the chance!

Edit: Ok i found time to post another one hehe, but this is not recent and its not completly mine, its a Medley i made for Chrono Trigger for July 8th 2009 performed at cafe iguanas, this is the sampled version because i dont have current live performances.

I would have called it "Whatchu Composin'? Show us!", mirroring the whatchu workin' on thread.
CastorOnline
@RPGManiac3030

Hey, i heard only the Showdown, its pretty cool really, the only thing im not sure about that is the "breath" of the winds, the notes for the winds (piccolo mostly) are too long and may be difficult to the interpreter to keep the large note playing, i talk about the part when the main melody plays and the piccolo is in the back, its only a comment, either way if you leave as it, its ok too, or if your piccolo player says its ok then its fine too hehe.
You're talking about the low brass/winds melody, right? If so, I think I know the problem. Here's an excerpt of the piccolo part:

Each note is supposed to be distinct due to the tenuto, but it probably sounds like one long note...I think it's the way the program plays back the sound. I'll look into it more, though. Thanks!
CastorOnline
Oh i see, but maybe you are missunderstanding the difference between "Tenuto" and "Staccato", tenuto is used when you specify the interpreter to respect the full value of the note, so in the score you write (Unless you write tenuto with staccato).

From the 2nd to 5th meassure you wrote almost all with tenuto, so you are saying something like "Hey piccolo player... you will play all this without breathing" hehe, if you try to play that in piccolo without breathing is very difficult, that kind of melody is more for bow or other kind of instruments, or put breath indications in the score so the piccolo player knows when he can breath. ;)

Happy
Devil's in the details
New WIP from me: http://soundcloud.com/matiasheimlander/laments-of-past

In a few days I'll probably notice more of the existing problems and go back fixing them.

@CastorOnline: Really nice fortress song. I really like the atonal sounding resoning sound panned at right on the background, whatever instrument it is. Really gives the song an unique sound.
I enjoyed the song, Rei. The strings seem just a tad bit aharmonic though.

First time posting here, I'm much more active at other sites. Here are some examples of my stuff.

www.soundcloud.com/aakaash-rao
Happy
Devil's in the details
author=Joerao
I enjoyed the song, Rei. The strings seem just a tad bit aharmonic though.

First time posting here, I'm much more active at other sites. Here are some examples of my stuff.

www.soundcloud.com/aakaash-rao

Hey, thanks Joerao. I just also spent some time fixing it up, making the strings more harmonic and made it generally sound more epic whatsoever.

It's great to see you at rmn, btw! I'll be following you on soundcloud as well. That pirate song rocks.
CastorOnline
This is more recent, and its from the RPG Maker Game Dyad (by Erilex).

Oh, thanks, Rei. Yeah, I like your song in general, just the strings are a tad bit off-putting.

I've been working on another solo piano piece; constructive feedback would be great.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9482254/Tundra.mp3
CastorOnline
This is another, a request to Robert Partin, he assigme an irish/ celtic folk song:

Well, I am not nearly as cool as you guys are, but I do make NES-style tunes for my RPG Maker game.

CastorOnline
@Jude

I like it! It reminds me Ninja Gaiden also, by the way, where did you find those sounds? i would like to have them too haha, nostalgia sounds...

@narcodis

Your video has been removed, its not available :(
Really? try refreshing it.