CHAPTERS OF THE CHOSEN, AND JAPAN GETS DQ5 THIS SUMMER (UPDATE: SO DO WE ON SEPT. 16TH)

Pages: first 1234 next last
Square-Enix has registered "Chapters of the Chosen" in the US, and, furthermore, is to be used for a video game.

It could either be:
-The new Square-Enix MMO they've been working on
-The subtitle for the new Valkyrie Profile, or
-The subtitle for Dragon Quest IV.

As chapter-based as Dragon Quest IV is, it'd be hard to imagine this NOT being its subtitle. Dragon Quest (IV): Chapters of the Chosen may be a possible title!

And, Japan gets Dragon Quest V for the DS this summer, more specifically July 17. While that's not in the States (wait a few months) or Europe (er, maybe 2009?), it may still be possible to play, much as Dragon Quest IV was, if it has the same type of translation as it did.
yeah, i'm hoping it's for the subtitle for the new valkyrie profile. Those games are just plain good all round. I've never even known that square enix were making a MMO.
Dragon Quest IV subtitle seems very logical! But then again, I'm just hoping...
Jesus I want this to be DQ4's subtitle so badly. I cut myself every night just to let the pain out because I can't deal with not having this game.

It makes sense: it has been demonstrated that selling a game in an English-speaking territory with a colon and a subtitle is significantly more profitable than not (ie the difference between DQ4 and DQ4: Chapters of the Chosen). This is probably why DQ8 was called DQ8:Journey of the Cursed King.
More colons means more shit, imho.

I, too, have cut brandonabley in hopes that DQ4 comes over here (again).
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
It fits more with DQ4 than it does with Valkyrie Profile.
The new Valkyrie Profile is subtitled "The Accursed One".

This could really be Dragon Quest IV! Or maybe Square-Enix is just toying with us.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
yamata, please check your mailbox.
When I heard about this, my first thought was, "Who cares, I want DQV."
Then my second thought was, "Actually, I do want DQIV, too."
Then my third thought was, "Also, I want DQVI."

So yeah, I'm hoping this is Dragon Quest IV and that we're getting it.
author=Gredlen link=topic=915.msg12267#msg12267 date=1208455891
When I heard about this, my first thought was, "Who cares, I want DQV."
Then my second thought was, "Actually, I do want DQIV, too."
Then my third thought was, "Also, I want DQVI."

So yeah, I'm hoping this is Dragon Quest IV and that we're getting it.

We should start a petition. It will be the ultimate videogame petition:

1. DQ4 DS in US PLZ
2. Uwe Boll stop making movies PLZ
3. Dan in SF4 PLZ

That ought to cover everything important!
author=kentona link=topic=915.msg12297#msg12297 date=1208467168
Who's Dan?
author=kentona link=topic=915.msg12298#msg12298 date=1208467178
What's SF4?

:(
author=kentona link=topic=915.msg12297#msg12297 date=1208467168
Who's Dan?

Now that I look at him, he's got some freakish proportions.
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp

Type "Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen" into the Search Engine. ESRB gave it an E10+ for Alchohol Reference, Animated Blood, Mild Fantasy Violence, Mild Language, Simulated Gambling and Suggestive Themes.

It's alive! (hopefully)
ooooo animated blood.

Simulated gambling in DQIV was awesome, btw. Taloon is my hero.
author=yamata no orochi link=topic=915.msg12453#msg12453 date=1208544506
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp

Type "Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen" into the Search Engine. ESRB gave it an E10+ for Alchohol Reference, Animated Blood, Mild Fantasy Violence, Mild Language, Simulated Gambling and Suggestive Themes.

It's alive! (hopefully)

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

It costs a good bit of money to get an ESRB rating (there is a ratings fee plus a reasonable investment of manpower to get all the materials ready) so it's almost a 100% assurance that a game is coming out if it gets rated.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
*brandonabley explodes into a fine mist of pure euphoria
WIP
Hot damn. This is gonna be awesome.
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Simulated Gambling and animated blood. What more could you want.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Pages: first 1234 next last