HEY BUDDY, WHIP IT OUT. LET'S COMPARE SWORDS.

Pages: first 123 next last
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
There's a lot of chatter about favourite games, best games, important games, biggest let down, etc. But what really matters is the size of a man's sword.

What is your favourite videogame weapon, in any genre or whatever?
Post a picture for BONUS POINTS!

Mine has to be, hands down, the BFG

This baby was so powerful, nothing stood in its way. At least, not for long!
The only downside to this thing, was the ammo. However, regardless of that, why don't more games include this bad boy. I bet no one would make fun of Squall Leonhart for being a whiny emo brat, if his Gunblade toted a BFG attachment...

author=Dudesoft
But what really matters is the size of a man's sword.

Squall is the man! Who would make fun of him...? xP
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
author=ankylo

Yes!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
One of my favorite weapons is actually from FF7. No, it's not the Buster Sword. And no, it's not the Masamune. In fact, it's not something any of the characters actually equip.

It's the Sister Ray.

You see those little boxes on the shelf below it? Those aren't boxes on a shelf. Those are rows of buildings built on the coastal edge of the tiered city of Junon. The second largest city in the world is literally built on part of this cannon. You can see it from the world map. At one point you have a slapping contest with the head of Shinra Weapons Development while the two of you are standing on the barrel out over the ocean. XD

I always wanted to walk up to it, press A, see the message "Received Sister Ray!", and have it disappear from the city into my inventory.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
@LockeZ
That would be the best Gunarm for Barret.

@ae
It's funny that that is one of his weaker attacks, despite going through the stratosphere and crashing down...
The only thing I can come up with is:

But it's not really a favourite as much as the concept of Sniper Rifles are favourites. I need to think on this more. While I do, this is an old favourite of mine:
The STAKE GUN from Painkiller of course, nothing is as fun as nailing enemies through the head and pinning them to a wall. NOTHING. And the secondary mode is a flippin grenade launcher, when you get bored with the primary mode...which is NEVER! Muhahahhaa.....ahem.

Other finalists would be the BFG from Doom, and most scythe-type weapons in general. I love scythes.
Ion Cannon sucked. Nukes for life.

Hope tf2wiki allows hot-linking but yeah the flare gun is a beast in TF2. :D
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
I always like the saw blade shooter thingy from UT1.

Oh and I always liked these;
Haha, and the mocking dog sidekick from duck hunt.
A homonculus that can grant wishes but at the same time can be a complete nightmare fuel

...I really want that shield :c
Tau
RMN sex symbol

The Gravity Gun!

(Yes I know the video is of the altered version, but who gives a shit)
Pages: first 123 next last