LET'S TRY: WOMBATRPGS STYLE!

Pages: first 12 next last
Hey all,

Myself and the WombatRPGs crew (mostly bob_esc, Oreoiorio, and quack_tape) have been trying our hands at Let's Try videos. We've tackled a few games so far, and we've been playing around with formats. Right now it's me driving with a guest commentator or two helping out. We're looking into ways to format this with multiple people playing as well as having a livestream channel open for people to make comments as we play. This has been happening inside the WRPGs IRC channel mostly, but as this goes on we'll probably open it up. As it turns out, these things are much more fun to do with one person!

Also, we've cleared up the queue of games (aside from Asylum of Pleasure and Pain, still waiting on that) so we're open to suggestions of what to taken on next. We're open to most games and genres; someone here will probably enjoy it...!

The first four videos, in order of LT quality (as in, the first one has the best quality let's try, not necessarily best game)

Weird Dreams by Marrend

Elf Quest: Get the Shiny by Billwilliams

Parasite Eve: Reboot by Xearoth93z

Reaver Rage by Seangrei
I like the format with you and the other guys playing. it's more fun when there's banter and it makes the slow, tedious or repetitious parts of the video a lot more fun and interesting because at least you guys can talk among yourselves as you cover that ground.

Watched the first two so far and I'm entertained :>
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I think it might be humorous to see a comparison of both versions of The Hole. Not just because I made a good many decisions with my version in a very half-assed, non-thorough way, but my overall attachment to the game could be low enough to be able to take the inevitable criticism not as personally as other projects I've worked on.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I suggest Under_World4, I'm certain it's quite a worthwhile Rpg (if only considering its predecessors), and it's going practically unnoticed (my impression).
Is it bad if I laugh at my own witty comments?
chana
No, but where are they ?
Man that's some really annoying games there...
So how does this work exactly? Do you just play the first thirty minutes, play in its entirety, or play until you get sick of it?
Until we got tired of it for everything other than Elf Quest.

EDIT: Oh wait you probably mean in future. First ~20 minutes or until we get tired of it (sometimes those two happen at pretty much the same time).
I really enjoy stuff like this, and your commentary is very funny and charming. I think commenting on RPG Maker games is a great idea!
author=chana
I suggest Under_World4, I'm certain it's quite a worthwhile Rpg (if only considering its predecessors), and it's going practically unnoticed (my impression).

We'll give that a look, actually. Updated recently and doesn't look like it's gotten much attention.

author=Marrend
I think it might be humorous to see a comparison of both versions of The Hole. Not just because I made a good many decisions with my version in a very half-assed, non-thorough way, but my overall attachment to the game could be low enough to be able to take the inevitable criticism not as personally as other projects I've worked on.

Eh, it's a little old, but we'll keep it in mind.

author=NicoB
So how does this work exactly? Do you just play the first thirty minutes, play in its entirety, or play until you get sick of it?

No, we are not doing a full 10hr+ Let's Play of Forever's End.

Next LT coming when QT buys a decent mic.
author=psy_wombats
No, we are not doing a full 10hr+ Let's Play of Forever's End.

That wasn't what I was asking. I simply wanted to understand your format, which sounds more like a Pass/Fail than an LT.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=psy_wombats
author=Marrend
Eh, it's a little old, but we'll keep it in mind.

It's okay. I might be able to take the abuse, but as for wonderprince, who's only 9 or 10 (perhaps 11 by now)...
chana
author=ZPE
Great LTs. :)
I really enjoy them too(they give a fair idea of the game).
Scourge
I used to make games. I still do, but I used to too.
I'd like to humbly submit A New World for a LT.
I await the next installment with bated breath.

(meaning please hurry up and do more :>)
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
You seem like a smart guy. I would like you to do this to my games.

I would like you to do this to ALL OF THEM.

/unreasonable request

Edit: I spoke too soon. I actually watched one of these and you guys seem kind of mean, so never mind. : )

On the other hand, Weird Dreams has the worst battle balance I have ever fucking seen.
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
waiting eagerly for the next installment of this :)

My laptop battery died at the end of this, but we'll probably at least play a bit more into this if the demo's only an hour long anyway. Next on the agenda is Under World 4. We looked into it a bit but couldn't find a decent means of recording it and we'll have to set something else up.

author=Max McGee
Edit: I spoke too soon. I actually watched one of these and you guys seem kind of mean, so never mind. : )

Honestly, we're trying to avoid picking clearly awful games because we don't want to end up just roasting whatever we're playing. I don't know about "mean," but so far I've enjoyed everything I've played, even if I would've found the game boring on its own. When there's more than one person, you just end up joking about the game more often than not anyway.
Pages: first 12 next last