BATTLE HELP

Pages: 1
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
I am needing some help. The help is that I'm trying to make a custom battle, while STILL using the default screen. What I was trying to do, is that when a character hits attack, or a skill, their battler image will change to form an animation. My problem, is that I can't find anything that would turn a switch on upon hitting attack, or a certain skill(Not knowing if I just missed it, or if it isn't on this one.) If it isn't on there, then I don't think I can do this.

Does anyone know if I can, and if so, would you care to help explain it so that I can do this?
In Xp, when you want an evented battle, then you go to Enemies on the task list, under that option is a place where you can event the battle. If you want to event or change the battle in any way, see what you can do there.
Thiamor
Well, guess I can't do it. Also yeah. I knew where the stuff was, but can't seem to find anything to make events turn on when an action such as 'attack' is used.
in rm2k3, there in the monster groups tab, in the battle events page, there is a condition: When 'x' character uses 'x' command. That might be what you are looking for.
Thiamor
Well anything on xp like that?
never worked with XP, no idea, but it doesn't hurt to check.
I believe you might be able to use the "Change Actor Graphic" command on events page 3 as part of a battle event to achieve the effect you want.

If you wanted to show an animation, you might just want to turn the default graphic off for a bit and insert a battle animation with the character doing his thing, then switch back to the default graphic.
Thiamor
I can't get it to do it via attacks. Unlike 2003 where you can do it once a certain thing is pressed, you can't via xp.
Pages: 1