A QUESTION ABOUT GAMEPAGES

Pages: first 12 next last
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose
If you change the status of a gamepage (say, from "Production" to "Hiatus") does it update the "Last Updated" field and/or bump it up to the first page?

Just wondering, really. I don't want to bump things with no new content and possibly piss people off...
Scourge
I used to make games. I still do, but I used to too.
I don't believe it will bump it up. Also, don't be afraid to "needlessly" bump things. As long as you do something besides make a post that just says bump, no one will get angry. Being on the front page is good exposure, and a new game need exposure. ;)
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
author=Scourge
I don't believe it will bump it up. Also, don't be afraid to "needlessly" bump things. As long as you do something besides make a post that just says bump, no one will get angry. Being on the front page is good exposure, and a new game need exposure. ;)

Actually:
"Users caught abusing this system" will be removed from the front page. In other words, don't do that!
Scourge
I used to make games. I still do, but I used to too.
author=Adon237
author=Scourge
Actually:
"Users caught abusing this system" will be removed from the front page. In other words, don't do that!
Oh, geez. On second thought, maybe listening to me would be a bad idea.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
So how do people change the status of their game ? it has got to be possible, every one does it! I would be very surprised if cancelling a game or putting on hiatus bumped it on the front page, considering this is of no interest to any one, rmn3 can't be done this badly!
We only do that to people who update their download every 12 hours so that they remain on the latest games ribbon on the frontpage. And changing your game's profile (like game status or description or whatever) will NOT bump up the date updated.

The only way for a game to get on the frontpage at this time is to:
-post a new blog
-post a new screenshot
-post a new download
-someone else writes a review for it

Don't sweat it! Update frequently as you like!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Scourge
Also, don't be afraid to "needlessly" bump things. As long as you do something besides make a post that just says bump, no one will get angry. Being on the front page is good exposure, and a new game need exposure. ;)

Tell this to the maker of Heartache 101 - Sour Into Sweet. That game's been getting some flack about being consistently on the front page, and it's starting to vex me how people come in and be like "I don't want to see this on the front page anymore" when the method to bump a game to the front page is, essentially, out of his hands.
chana
Maybe rmn4???? or make a site just for this ?
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose
author=kentona
We only do that to people who update their download every 12 hours so that they remain on the latest games ribbon on the frontpage. And changing your game's profile (like game status or description or whatever) will NOT bump up the date updated.

The only way for a game to get on the frontpage at this time is to:
-post a new blog
-post a new screenshot
-post a new download
-someone else writes a review for it

Don't sweat it! Update frequently as you like!

Ah, I see. Thank you! :)
Marrend
author=chana
Maybe rmn4???? or make a site just for this ?

I hope the answer lies in RMN4, but until then, that gamepage will continue to get undeserved flack.
some people are just never happy.
Adon237
author=kentona

I am keeping this. lol
No but seriously, I don't mind other games being on the front page constantly, but GOD a dating sim? It isn't even all that great, yet it is always up there. Just saying.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Adon237
author=kentona
I am keeping this. lol
No but seriously, I don't mind other games being on the front page constantly, but GOD a dating sim? It isn't even all that great, yet it is always up there. Just saying.
That's kinda rude, Adon. :(
Any game on the front page constantly frequently isn't even a bad thing. I never understood why people get so furious when they see a game on the front page more than a few times.
Front page content is sooo fleeting that it shouldn't bother someone because said content will be gone in less than a week(if that) so I don't really see this as a problem, especially when people are updating their game to give players the best possible experience.
It just seems really backwards sometimes when people are annoyed in a game development community that people are developing and updating their games.
Adon237
Sorry. I guess I take that back. I shouldn't have been so rude. :(
Marrend
It just seems really backwards sometimes when people are annoyed in a game development community that people are developing and updating their games.

This! So much this!

chana
Depends which game.
Marrend
So why does Heartache 101 get flack because "it's a date-sim" while it's still in beta phase, when this, also a date-sim, was on the front page for a full month? Granted, this is an extreme example here, but I do want to somewhat understand this line of thinking.
Adon237
I didn't even pay attention to the front page at that time.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
Because Alistair was selected to be the game of the month. Heartache has been consistently occupying one of the "brand new games getting their first real exposure" slots for months. I want to see games that are actually new there.
chana
I'm not sure, but I think it stayed that long because people really appreciated it not as a dating game (or not only), but as a very achieved (short) game done in a style practically unseen before, so interesting (it also was featured).
Pages: first 12 next last