HELP AGAIN...

Pages: 1
I'd like some help to get rid of the front view on RPG Maker XP. Mostly because I can't find any battlers for the sprites I'll be using.

Also, I need some help with a decent switch system. Since I have no idea how do to actually do one.

Thanks in advance.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Switch system? You mean party switch?
www.RMXP.org has a variety of free scripts designed specifically for your applications. Keep in mind that you'll need the art assets though.
I have to find the sprites and what not, correct? Animations won't be too hard, getting the HUD might be a bit of a problem though... unless it's apart of it. Ah, heck. I'll just look anyway. Once again, thanks. If there's any other help others can give me, I'd be very greatful.
author=ShadowFox link=topic=925.msg12434#msg12434 date=1208532585
Also, I need some help with a decent switch system. Since I have no idea how do to actually do one.

http://www.rpgmaker.net/tutorials/56/

Try out that. Might help in the switch system.
author=demondestiny link=topic=925.msg12482#msg12482 date=1208559868
http://www.rpgmaker.net/tutorials/56/

Try out that. Might help in the switch system.

No, don't try that. :-p There are RMXP scripts available where literally all you have to do is copy and paste the script and suddenly there is a new function in the menu called "party switch". Much faster than some half-functional work-around/
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Yeah if you are using RMXP or RMVX, you should really use script to add in new game features.
Well, thanks for the help. Now I just need to ask the maker of the scripts that I'm using for some script problems. Just one last question because this has been bugging me for quite a while now... How the hell do I make screen shots? T_T
1. Open image editor (such as MS Paint, Photoshop etc)
2. Go back to your game. While playing (it is very important you are in the game window and controlling the game) hold Alt and press Prt Screen (it is one of those buttons by Pause that you never use).
3. Go to your image editor and Paste. It's just like copying and pasting text.
4. Save your image!

Whatever you do don't let some stupid jackass trick you into using Irfanview or something like that. There are a lot of 3rd party programs designed to take screenshots, but since that is a basic windows function anyway, they are retarded and made for people that don't know how to do it the right way. Also they usually have spyware.
author=brandonabley link=topic=925.msg12570#msg12570 date=1208628459
1. Open image editor (such as MS Paint, Photoshop etc)
2. Go back to your game. While playing (it is very important you are in the game window and controlling the game) hold Alt and press Prt Screen (it is one of those buttons by Pause that you never use).
3. Go to your image editor and Paste. It's just like copying and pasting text.
4. Save your image!

Whatever you do don't let some stupid jackass trick you into using Irfanview or something like that. There are a lot of 3rd party programs designed to take screenshots, but since that is a basic windows function anyway, they are retarded and made for people that don't know how to do it the right way. Also they usually have spyware.

I'm not sure about SnagIt, the screenshot/video creator for Windows. As you said, it is a 3rd party program, and it MIGHT have Spyware. Stupid ads.
Okay, thanks. That's all the questions I have for now! Thank everyone who helped me for your time.
Pages: 1