STAT SET-UP QUESTION.

Pages: 1
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
Okay. I'm making on XP, a stat set up system that is based on who is in your party. Say one guy who is a powerhouse in terms of Strength, but slow in speed is added in the party, the leader of the party get's the guy's Strength added to his stats, and his Agi is lowered based on the other guy's speed; the speed is low.
But how can I make it where once the member is taken out, the leader's stats go back to normal?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
To know how to undo what you're doing, we'd have to know how you're doing it. Since this is XP, I assume you are using a script to create custom definitions for query_str, query_int, etc.? Or are you eventing it? Either way you'll need to post what you have so far (so we can tell you why it's all wrong and make you start over).
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
Basically the eventing is just gonna start off simple. Conditional Branches that state if Member X is in the party, then have it take certain stats off, and add certain stats on. But as far as I know, there isn't any way to do so easily, to save the previous stats, and hell, leveling up would mess it up, too. I'd have to get very used to Variables. But not exactly sure how I'd go about setting it up to work my way.
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
I don't know much about rpgmaker, but I'll ask anyway.
Can you make items on the fly with events? Or can you edit an equipable item at run time? If you can then you could base the items stats off of the secondary characters stats, then equip before battle and unequip it after or whatever, it would let the engine handle stats as normal.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
author=Khos
Can you make items on the fly with events? Or can you edit an equipable item at run time? If you can then you could base the items stats off of the secondary characters stats, then equip before battle and unequip it after or whatever, it would let the engine handle stats as normal.

You cant make/edit items with events, without scripts.
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
author=ldida1
author=Khos

Ah I see. But anyway, this just accrued to me, all you really need to do is just keep track of what you're adding to the main characters stats.

Leveling up shouldn't matter then, since if you have the values that you added at the time they were added then you can simply subtract those from the main characters stats whenever you want to remove the effects.
author=ldida1
author=Khos
yes you can, at least in rm2k3 you can as I already did it because I was trying to make a game where the main guy could equip/unequip his gun whenever he ran out of bullets.
That one depends on how you're defining it, Bandito. You may have done just what you said, but you would have had to define the items in question beforehand, in the editor DB, in order to use them. The original question was about make/edit at the instant it's needed in the game.

The 'equip' tactic is somewhat viable, but it can get messy in this situation - you'd need to sacrifice an equip slot, or else use a multi-slot equip script, and you'd have to have a new, unique item set up for every possible party combination in order to pull it off properly. Assuming you have four characters other than the lead, and a max of four people in a party, that gives you fourteen different equip items. Jump that to six extra, party4, and the number goes from fourteen to forty-one.

Also, a side note, although you may have figured it out for yourself - in RMXP, in order to pull that kind of scenario off, you have to add the special equip to your inventory before you can equip it to the character. I was experimenting with something along those lines once, and it drove me slightly crazy before I figured that part out.
Pages: 1