RMN BUGS (V4)

author=chana
how can ' become unvoluntarily ' ?!

It's a code for an apostrophe. To prevent people from shoving in special characters into post special characters are converted when viewed into that code. For example < and > are special characters in HTML. You don't want somebody to post HTML that could break the website, so when the page is being created for a viewer it'll see the < and > in my post and convert it into &lt; and &gt;, which indicate to the browser to show < and > in place of those codes instead of trying to handle the < and > as part of the DOM (webpage). An apostrophe got handled in a similar manner but at some point things got screwed up and the apostrophe was probably converted into it's code (&#39;) into the DB instead of only being converted when pulled from the DB.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I got it, thanks.
chana
Problem with the front page : a big blank space on the left and facing it a reference to the Nintendo fangame convention related to FFE which at this point is nor here nor there.(Firefox)

Edit : well I guess that big blank on the left and the reference for a still inexistent game are perfect then...?
Can you take a screenshot?
So, there was a bug in the makerscore calculation. It wasn't counting the 1 MS per screenshot. So... some of us will probably get a bump in MS tonight.
I should have a maker score of 29, based on my submissions page, but I'm now showing one of 31. Unless I was awarded 2 MS for something I'm not aware of, the count is off.
You get 2 makerscore for extra game pages you add to a gameprofile.
I figured it out: It is all part of Kentona's secret plan to beat WIP in makerscore without blatantly cheating!
I think the "recently completed" category doesn't work, if you have a normal gam pag at first and set it to "completed" later and add a download.
For me it didn't worked. But it worked for games that were already completed with its first gamepage submission.
hrmmm... what game is it? It worked for Mario's Mansion. It started as production, but then I changed it to completed.

Is your Completion Date filled in? That is critical to the search working. I *thought* I set the completion date when you mark a game as completed, but maybe I didn't and you manually have to change it...
It works now. Yes indeed, you have to set the completion date manually.
chana
author=kentona
Can you take a screenshot?

In fact it's only if I Ctrl+ too much, everything's fine.
author=Deacon Batista
It works now. Yes indeed, you have to set the completion date manually.
I should fix that.
I think there's a bug that's been here for a while but none has posted, and it's also been bugging me.

The thing is, the download count only works if someone clicks on the "Download Now" button. If a download is downloaded via the "Downloads" section, the counter doesn't go up.

Is there probably a way to fix that?

Oh, by the way, this bug occurs only for downloads uploaded on other servers.

(Yeah, download count matters for me :))
It matters to me too. I was wondering what was going on... Thanks for troubleshooting! I will investigate this issue and try to have a fix soon.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
There seems to be an issue with submitting scripts which include <>'s in their name.

I submitted a script called Singleton<T> and it shows up on the site as just "Singleton", although it appears in my browser's title bar written correctly. Not exactly a huge deal, but since <> syntax is used to indicate templates and generic types, it could come up. It is kind of an edge case, though.

The script in question is here: http://rpgmaker.net/scripts/79/
That's a tough one, as we tend to strip out HTML markup by checking for < > tags. I will see what I can do.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It would be better to strip out HTML markup by changing < to &lt; and > to &gt; I think. Maybe?
A lot of this kind of stuff is handled by django and/or the BB Code system we plugged in. So who knows?
On pages that aren't shown to the public, some people are getting notifications for activity on it despite not being on the developer list. Specifically, one of the pages for this game: http://rpgmaker.net/games/2994/ isn't for public view (the one that's not labelled "Extras"), but at least one non-developer's getting notifications for it. Can we get that looked into?