RMNV4 FEEDBACK

Please post any feedback you have for the new site layout/features in this topic. We 100% welcome constructive criticism but will not tolerate trolling/nonsense. Please do not make separate topics for your feedback.
Did the font for almost everything except the top bar get bumped up one or two points? (looks like in-post text is a good size, but home page and menus seem much larger than normal.)

I really preferred the size of things before and I feel like I accidentally zoomed into the site (like sometimes happens with Ctrl+Mouse Scrollwheel.)
No, it didn't.

Font size for headers and heading did get a bump, but everything else remained the same size, iirc. The frontpage, though, is almost entirely headers, so...

When a gameprofile is using the 'default' skin for their gamepage, its hard to read the header at the top of the screen, you know, where the bar where the 'forums' are and such. Check it out.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/2808/
take a screenshot. it looks okay to me.

I don't know if its because of the size or the color, but its hard to see without already knowing its there.
The layout is all right, but the more prominent stuff that I usually come here for are now at the bottom half instead of where I can see right away without scrolling. Surely scrolling don't isn't much work, but it's going make me psychologically somewhat come less. O_o
Try doing a hard refresh a few times (shift + click refresh). Some people had to do it a few times, both on the frontpage and the gameprofiles.

xeil: what stuff?
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
author=Feldschlacht IV
I don't know if its because of the size or the color, but its hard to see without already knowing its there.

Same with me. I thought that was just normal, but mine is on the forum page? Should I switch to Opera or Firefox? (I am on Chrome.)
Rhyme
Tear Harvester Rhyme
Some layout niggles that are really bothering me...

Excess space isn't particularly nice to look at.
Edit: It works on the Forums part since there's something to fill the space there but the rest is unloved. :<

This one seems to only occur on Google Chrome. Maybe other webkit-based browsers too?

When the window is resized smaller than the width of the column, this happens.

Very difficult to read, especially in some screenshots.
Since it's highlighted white and the font color is white, making either the highlight or the text a darker color would fix it.

Text is not centered vertically.

The subtext is too light. Darken it a little!

This one's more of a personal preference, but the ALL CAPS thing kinda bugs me.

I also somewhat agree with Anaryu.
And just another minor thing, the main column's default color seems too contrasting in my opinion.

Omg I posted!
The capitals don't really bother me, if anything it helps things stand out.

Speaking of which, is there a method for latest comments to a gamepage/blog?
Yeah, the subtext is pretty hard to read on alot of the front page.. light grey on a white background = my eyes can't read this shit
I'm really missing the latest comments. Sometimes you could catch up on "buzz" that way. And in the early mornings in the center of the world (Europe) not much usually happens so you could keep up with everything that happened on the site through there.

Very useful for us compulsive refreshers.
The new layout is a disaster for me.
Too large for us 800x600 users, as small a demographic as we are, and everything is everywhere that's wrong in my current version of Opera.
I'll get used to it though. Might give me a good reason to upgrade my monitor (CRT from 2001). And maybe my Opera is out of date too :(
author=Dyhalto
The new layout is a disaster for me.
Too large for us 800x600 users, as small a demographic as we are, and everything is everywhere that's wrong in my current version of Opera.
I'll get used to it though. Might give me a good reason to upgrade my monitor (CRT from 2001). And maybe my Opera is out of date too :(

yeah dude, 800x600 is preeeeetty out of date... might as well be complaining that this doesn't work on windows 95 as well
It would be nice to be able to click on the header of each "latest" feed and get a more extensive list of alllll the latest games/blogs/screenshots or what have you (and a big list of random screenshots would be cool to look at too!).

And before you tell me "just click up top", I don't want to have to scroll across miles of frontpage to click a link on top when it just makes sense to have it right there on the feed. Futhermore, there isn't a way to sort a the 'games' page by when the latest download was added.

Just sayin'!
Well, I think it looks pretty slick, especially on the front page.

Game pages, to be honest, I liked the tabbed look more from before better. It's not a BIG deal, but everything looks a bit squashed together. I also liked having the subscribe button be a bit larger and off to the side, rather then huddled with a bunch of others underneath the game's logo.

Personal preferences though. Everything looks quite a bit more streamlined, and like I said, the front page looks really slick. I also like how you kept all the functionality somewhat the same, without moving too much or renaming it.

Aside from my quibbles about the game pages, great work!
I've only taken a superficial look, but so far I think it looks awesome.
Looks sweet, although I just get a feeling stuff could be more compact on the front page.
Scripts are getting squished together (Spaces are being removed) which kills the indentation (readability) of the code.