RMNV4 FEEDBACK

my CSS got screwed :( No background image + No background color change = Fail
author=TDS
Scripts are getting squished together (Spaces are being removed) which kills the indentation (readability) of the code.

If you are doing Ruby for XP/VX, make sure to enclose your script in code tags with ruby as the language like so (don't forget the = sign):

[code=ruby][/code]
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
On the bottom panel, "Send me in, coach!" is utterly ambiguous. How is anyone who's not "in" on the joke supposed to know what that means?
It worked, might want to change the help text in the submission part then since it says "code ruby".

Also the scripts are not showing up on the scripts tab on my profile.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
The top "banner" with the screenshots is slick! the rest is a little bit every where...
author=ChaosProductions
On the bottom panel, "Send me in, coach!" is utterly ambiguous. How is anyone who's not "in" on the joke supposed to know what that means?
'Play Games'.... 'Send me in, coach!'

Hopefully, people would be curious enough to click it!

author=TDS
It worked, might want to change the help text in the submission part then since it says "code ruby".

Also the scripts are not showing up on the scripts tab on my profile.

I will investigate.
author=Shinan
I'm really missing the latest comments. Sometimes you could catch up on "buzz" that way. And in the early mornings in the center of the world (Europe) not much usually happens so you could keep up with everything that happened on the site through there.

Very useful for us compulsive refreshers.

http://rpgmaker.net/posts/

http://rpgmaker.net/feeds/posts.xml
author=ankylo
author=Shinan
I'm really missing the latest comments. Sometimes you could catch up on "buzz" that way. And in the early mornings in the center of the world (Europe) not much usually happens so you could keep up with everything that happened on the site through there.

Where are the links for these? I can't seem to find it.

*Also, on the front page in a few places, like the featured game, the link to click on is orange. But at the top there are words in orange that aren't links ('Current Events' on the left and 'Important' on the right). It's initially confusing and breaks the theme.
author=Link_2112
author=ankylo
author=Shinan

Where are the links for these? I can't seem to find it.

*Also, on the front page in a few places, like the featured game, the link to click on is orange. But at the top there are words in orange that aren't links ('Current Events' on the left and 'Important' on the right). It's initially confusing and breaks the theme.

There are none! (yet). Also, you are right, it is pretty backwards. The headline should be orange and the link should be white.
I'll have to bookmark those. They are so much more superior than the Latest Posts section from RMN3.

Not sure where this should go, it's more of a suggestion, but it would be nice if I could change pages in a thread without having to scroll to the bottom. Gimme the "Pages: first prev 1 2 last" links up top, please. Even if it's just tiny icons of arrows.
The send me in, coach thing was in the last version and I clicked it all the time.
I like the new layout. Main stuff on top, specific stuff on bottom.
Love the "buzzing" game and the random screenshots.
But what is the "media" thing about? I made two videos and I uploaded them to youtube to save rmn some space, but if I had uploaded it here I would get a Maker score? I also see link for media submissions.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The dates below each game in the Buzzing Games and Latest Games, as well as the game title and poster in the Lastest Reviews and Latest Blogs and the category and poster in the Latest Articles and Latest media, are extremely light text on a white background. I cannot really read them without highlighting them (at least not without altering my monitor's brightness to be much darker than normal, which would make it impossible to play a large number of computer games). This is the text I'm referring to:

I understand that you would like these to stand out less than the main text, but as it stands it is a usability problem.

I offer a simple solution! When you actually click on a blog post (for a game that uses the default CSS), I think the color of the date there is fine:

Any chance the problematic text on the front page could be darkened to that color or darker? I don't want to seem like I'm complaining about the changes; I like the new site and just want to make sure there aren't real issues that prevent people from using it. The light text is so light that if I didn't already know it was there from using RMN3 I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even notice it.
author=LockeZ

Yeah I highlighted this in the Bugs section. Dunno if it's a bug though :/ What's the point of seeing the title of reviews/blogs/articles when you can't see the title and user name clearly?
Gonna go ahead and say that the front page needs: a) Page breaks, or some way to discern one section of content from another (perhaps backgrounds on the headers), and b) smaller fonts all around.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=eplipswich
Yeah I highlighted this in the Bugs section. Dunno if it's a bug though :/ What's the point of seeing the title of reviews/blogs/articles when you can't see the title and user name clearly?

The almost invisible text is a bug, or at least it's not present that way on the development server. It's definitely not a planned feature! While I was browsing the new RMN4 this morning on my phone in the wilderness, I didn't even see the text... I was wondering why we didn't post what game the reviews and such were from.

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
what is this i don't even

sudden changes like this are wont to give an old man like me a heart attack

pros:
slick looking
good at-a-glance-functionality
"familiarity breeds contempt" i.e. change is good

cons:
so resource intensive barely functions on my laptop, which is saying something! while no wunderkind, my laptop is not so bad that it can't run WEBSITES
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Any way to make the "latest game downloads" skip over the four games that are already listed above in "buzzing games"?

And probably make both of them skip over the featured game, for that matter.

This isn't vital, it just seems redundant to have two identical links to the same game under different categories, and would put more a little more different content on the front page.

(I echo the sentiment of yearning for an 800x600 friendly display, or possibly even a display that adapts to the user's window size, but realize it's too late for that now and will just have to live with scrolling in two directions when I'm visiting the site from my phone.)
What do I do if I'd like to submit my Let's Plays of the disco inferno games? In each Let's Play I played two games. Do I submit the same video to two different games or is there some way to link one submission to multiple games?
author=nesfreak64
W
Game pages, to be honest, I liked the tabbed look more from before better. It's not a BIG deal, but everything looks a bit squashed together. I also liked having the subscribe button be a bit larger and off to the side, rather then huddled with a bunch of others underneath the game's logo.
This is what happens when you let me design an element. I kept hoping that SFL or GRS would take a crack at that to make it look better, but it was a lower priority item. Hopefully now SFL has some good ideas!

author=Max McGee
cons:
so resource intensive barely functions on my laptop, which is saying something! while no wunderkind, my laptop is not so bad that it can't run WEBSITES
I swear you bought a lemon of a PC. it can't run VX! (I will look into efficiency)

author=LockeZ
Any way to make the "latest game downloads" skip over the four games that are already listed above in "buzzing games"?

And probably make both of them skip over the featured game, for that matter.

This isn't vital, it just seems redundant to have two identical links to the same game under different categories, and would put more a little more different content on the front page.

(I echo the sentiment of yearning for an 800x600 friendly display, or possibly even a display that adapts to the user's window size, but realize it's too late for that now and will just have to live with scrolling in two directions when I'm visiting the site from my phone.)
not at this time. The buzzing scores will need to be tweaked, most likely anyway. I just need more live data.

I do not have a 800x600 display handy. Can you take a full page screenshot of some pages on RMN? If you have Firefox, you can get an add-on called Fireshot that can take full page captures with ease.

author=Shinan
What do I do if I'd like to submit my Let's Plays of the disco inferno games? In each Let's Play I played two games. Do I submit the same video to two different games or is there some way to link one submission to multiple games?
You cannot submit to multiple games for a single media. (honestly, this situation didn't occur to me). Just submit to both an identical media. (more makerscore!)
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
We don't get Notices for comments on Media, even if it was made by us?

Is this a bug or a feature? It'd be nice to know what's occuring on the Media pages.