RMNV4 FEEDBACK

author=SorceressKyrsty
We don't get Notices for comments on Media, even if it was made by us?

Is this a bug or a feature? It'd be nice to know what's occuring on the Media pages.
You don't get notices for your own comments made on media, but if you are subscribed to the game, you should get notices. I got a notice for the Forever End's soundtrack media.

What specific issue did you encounter?
Speaking of the Webcast category. Would it somehow be possible to create some kind of RSS feed from all available Webcasts and their mp3s (or even mp4 video or something), so that all submitted webcasts could be subscribed to in a podcatcher. It would be a neat feature though I suppose all webcast articles would have to have a common format for it to work or something. I don't actually know how those things work.

Why do I have about 600 more Makerscore with the release of RMN4?
That avatar is worth 595 makerscore.

(I revamped the scores a little: http://rpgmaker.net/articles/455/ )

SUBMISSION	MAKERSCORE	->

Article 30 30
Tutorial 30 30
Script - 30
Review 20 50
Game Image 0 1
Game Blog Entry 4 4
Game Page 4 2
Game Download 15 15
Game Media - 15

GAME + RATING MAKERSCORE
Unrated game 2 10
0.5 star game 20 25
1.0 star game 35 50
1.5 star game 50 75
2.0 star game 75 110
2.5 star game 100 160
3.0 star game 160 220
3.5 star game 280 280
4.0 star game 340 340
4.5 star game 400 400
5.0 star game 500 500
30 per script? I only got 6 makerscore for 6 scripts. I submitted more scripts but they keep disappearing. I don't know if there is a limit of scripts per day or something.
Everything looks great. Thanks for the hard work, guys!
author=TDS
30 per script? I only got 6 makerscore for 6 scripts. I submitted more scripts but they keep disappearing. I don't know if there is a limit of scripts per day or something.
It should be 30 per script.

Oh derp. There is a bug.

What do you mean by "disappearing"?
I had 10 scripts submitted but not approved yesterday and this morning they were all gone.
They are not in the database or submission queue or submission history. You are going to have to resubmit.
Alright, I'll try to resubmit them later or during the weekend.
author=ankylo
There are none! (yet). Also, you are right, it is pretty backwards. The headline should be orange and the link should be white.

I see that you fixed the link colors in the featured game/tabbed section(what's the name of that whole section anyways...) but you also need to fix it for the Gem game and the Event Winner.

Also, nobody really responded to this so I'll bring it up again cause it's pretty annoying and most forums have this feature.

author=Link_2112
Not sure where this should go, it's more of a suggestion, but it would be nice if I could change pages in a thread without having to scroll to the bottom. Gimme the "Pages: first prev 1 2 last" links up top, please. Even if it's just tiny icons of arrows.
The ability for a game developer to see the amount of views on his screenshots and blogs? It would really help in determining what's a hit and what's a miss in terms of what to publish.
Rhyme
Tear Harvester Rhyme
This one is just mildly odd, not much of an actual problem but I think it's worth a look:

(They have something in common, guess what)

What about something like this?

It's just strange for me to see 6/8 of the headers say the same word.
But yeah minor issue, doesn't matter that much.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
author=kentona
author=SorceressKyrsty
We don't get Notices for comments on Media, even if it was made by us?

Is this a bug or a feature? It'd be nice to know what's occuring on the Media pages.
You don't get notices for your own comments made on media, but if you are subscribed to the game, you should get notices. I got a notice for the Forever End's soundtrack media.

What specific issue did you encounter?

I didn't get notices for comments made on the Media I submitted to Night of Marian, which I am also subscribed to.
author=kentona
author=TDS
It should be 30 per script.

Oh derp. There is a bug.

What do you mean by "disappearing"?

/me copies and pastes a tonne of scripts from other websites.

/me gets a bunch of makerscore for doing absolutely nothing of value.

I see this as a huge problem personally. Reviews, games, articles etc all take time and thought to create but you'd be hard pushed to police the scripts section in such a way that people were earning precious MS for their own work.

/selfrighteous

(edit: Not to say that TDS did that but rather it would be super easy to "game the system" that way)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If you have nothing better to do than game the makerscore system, and your method of doing so involves submitting things that are still legitimately helpful to other users, then I say have at it
Well... the scripts, just like games and other stuff. SHOULD be made by you (or for you) in order for you to submit them. Otherwise it's just... I don't know... Mean? (Code apparently can't be copyrighted so it's not copyright infringment :)
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
Scripts that you are submitting should definitely have been created by you. There is a reason that section launched empty and not full of scripts submitted by "rcholbert" and "kentona". I don't think we'll look too kindly on hijacking someone else's scripts and then posting them as your own.
author=rcholbert
Scripts that you are submitting should definitely have been created by you. There is a reason that section launched empty and not full of scripts submitted by "rcholbert" and "kentona". I don't think we'll look too kindly on hijacking someone else's scripts and then posting them as your own.

Glad to hear the administration holds that position :>
author=NewBlack
(edit: Not to say that TDS did that but rather it would be super easy to "game the system" that way)

I'm mostly doing it because it's an easy place to keep track of all my scripts and it has a comment section attached to answer questions. Add a personal work page like a project to get feedback on upcoming big scripts and it would be perfect.

On a related note, still 1 makerscore per script.