RMNV4 FEEDBACK

When the new version came, I did notice that my CSS broke. I've now sorted that out.

A question I have about the adding of pages to a game profile. How many pages are we actually allowed to have?

For those that really go into the lore of their created worlds, and wanted to create a backstory to the entire game (in most cases similar to The Elder Scross, World of Warcraft, which has a history), how many pages would we be allowed to have in the game?
I don't think there is a hard limit! But you have only have up to 6 displayed in the game bar thing. The rest you'd have to link using URL tags. (Hero's Realm for example has about 15-20 gamepages, iirc)
author=chana
If some one could fix the bug that consists in throwing in 500 downloads or so to the most unknown games, often in 2 hours or so, it would certainly help. It makes it impossible to follow those games in their evolution, also, if the makers are not responsible for this it puts a stigma on them, which, in this case, would be totally unfair. I, personally would really like this joke to cease, particularly for the second reason. I really do not know what to think.
Has this happened? Because, looking at the code, I see nothing that would result in this, so I would need more examples to investigate.
author=Link_2112
Sure wish I could rename files in my locker

Sure, but only because you asked nicely (coming soon).
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
author=kentona
hours or so, it would certainly help. It makes it impossible to follow those games in their evolution, also, if the makers are not responsiblso I would need more examples to investigate.
Difficult to give names, I know of a very few cases, but reading the posts, it seems you've noticed the anomaly too as well as many other people. It's rather funny and inoffensive but I'm bothered by the possibility that these makers could eventually not have been responsible for it, never mind, I'll just assume they are (most probable)...
(Edit : the story being that I've had to deal with it personally, and sometimes, I have a doubt, scruples!)).
they could be legitimate downloads, too. Every now and again a game will be mentioned in some weird place, get like 200 downloads, and then stop.

It happened to Hero's Realm when it was mentioned on a Starcraft II guild message board (of all places)
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Hero'Realm, 200, by Kentona, and once, is one thing but 500, in a few hours, by people who had never put out a game in their life is something else : your post is somewhat of an answer. Anyways.
Why can't we have Pages: first prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 last on top as well?
Oh, hey, hey, wait a minute!

Since when was Unity in the engines list?
author=heisenman
Why can't we have Pages: first prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 last on top as well?

That kind of seems redundant to me. Just scroll to the bottom of the page.
^ While on the PC is not much of a problem, but while on a tablet or something it's kind of a pain to scroll all the way down every time.

Also, how exactly does the thumbs work? I've tried to 'thumb' images hosted on ImageShack and it says "unable to generate thumbnail" or something like that. Does an image forcibly needs to be hosted on RMN for them to work properly? xP
Ah, I see. Though, it isn't exactly "aesthetically pleasing". Not that it matters too much how it looks.
Gosh, it looked like I was trying to make an innapropriate joke...meh, whatever.

Kentona, how come sometimes when I write something here, and I put my cursor just before a word to put another word before it in, it'll sometimes just type over everything after it. Anyway, you can fix this? Though, it could just be my computer-I wouldn't doubt it.
That is probably your computer. It sounds like you hit the Insert key by accident.

author=alterego
^ While on the PC is not much of a problem, but while on a tablet or something it's kind of a pain to scroll all the way down every time.

Also, how exactly does the thumbs work? I've tried to 'thumb' images hosted on ImageShack and it says "unable to generate thumbnail" or something like that. Does an image forcibly needs to be hosted on RMN for them to work properly? xP

I don't use imageshack, so I have no idea. Images have to be a web format (ie- png, jpg, gif) and no bigger than 150x150 pixels.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Images don't have to be 150x150 for the [thumb] tag. >_> you're thinking of profile pics
http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/6507/locker/Atargatis.png
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5236/atargatianfiles.png

Well, these are both bigger than 150x150 pixels, and 'png' format. Yet one shows and the other desn't. So... @_@

Edit: Damn, I really should reload pages before hitting submit. >_>;
why does RMN display blurry PNGs?
author=Darken
why does RMN display blurry PNGs?

Examples?
I am using firefox but this problem only happens on RMN so...

right click, view image, see the difference? no?

on RMN:

view image:

I don't see it. I mean, I see that you posted one image that is blurry and one that is not but they both are hosted on RMN. When you right-click -> view image, you are still "on RMN". The site does some resizing when displaying avatars and thumbnails but other than that, I don't think it touches images uploaded to the site.