GAMESPOT THREAD

Thank goodness I asked you guys to compile a list of exemplary games recently (with mixed results, as you guys tend to argue about the necessity of such things rather than just listing some gams!), because I needed a game that wasn't a hidden gem. (And I wasn't about to be so self-serving as to spotlight my own game...yet).

So guys, I need good games. Suggest them. And suggest a category for it. I know you guys suggested things like "eye candy" and "innovation", but gimme some games for those!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Great choice with The Burning Grail.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Ha ha, I thought you were talking about the website.
So guys, I need good games. Suggest them. And suggest a category for it. I know you guys suggested things like "eye candy" and "innovation", but gimme some games for those!

hi
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Relic was a pretty decent demo last time I played it. Granted, that was before the most recent demo came out, so I've no idea what's changed since then. However, that will change within the fortnight! Also, I have no idea what category it would fall under.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Brent
Although that would be nice, I doubt the real GAMESPOT would be interested in any of our garbage.

What a terrible, horrifying attitude. Screw you? Like, that doesn't even cover it.

As for a category, it might be cool to support the more writing-oriented part of the community by highlighting a specific character, such as Vandeli in Avarice, or Darwin in Leo & Leah.
author=Craze
Brent
Although that would be nice, I doubt the real GAMESPOT would be interested in any of our garbage.
What a terrible, horrifying attitude. Screw you? Like, that doesn't even cover it.

Yeah...I was in a bad mood that day...don't take it too personally, okay. ^^
author=Craze
Brent

As for a category, it might be cool to support the more writing-oriented part of the community by highlighting a specific character, such as Vandeli in Avarice, or Darwin in Leo & Leah.

How would that even work? I don't think featuring specific characters from games achieves the goal of "here's a cool game, play it" of the gamespot.

Anywho, you guys need to start suggesting more games (and games in more than just Hidden Gem category), otherwise I am going to start featuring my games in a set rotation.
Marrend
How about Aetherion for "Eye Candy"? Perhaps Marie Goes to Space for, I dunno, "Short and Fun"? Come on, I have to have played something cool since the Summer Games, right? Think, man!
Don't look at me! I don't play video games as much as the rest of you guys.

Although, kudos for putting up Tina Of The Stars as a hidden gem. I remembered playing that a few years back and really liked it a lot ('cept for level 3, which made me go bananas at my computer screen). :D
I warned you guys...

(actually, HR was suggested enough to warrant the selection for this week, but I really really really do want you guys to suggest more games and more categories)
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Kenton has gone mad with power, I must gather the four heroes to oppose him...
author=Solitayre
Kenton has gone mad with power, I must gather the four heroes to oppose him...

Watch out for memory stream errors along the way.
What are you talking about? The legendary Memory Stream Error Sword is the only known weapon that can hurt Kentona!

Unless... you're one of the four RM Lord of the Kentocracy! *dons tinfoil hat**
author=GreatRedSpirit
What are you talking about? The legendary Memory Stream Error Sword is the only known weapon that can hurt Kentona!

Unless... you're one of the four RM Lord of the Kentocracy! *dons tinfoil hat**

Muahahaha.

Err... I mean... shit. *smoke bomb*
Marrend
I'm pretty sure having Hero's Realm in a gamespot was more an inevitability than anything else. Even so, kentona has the right to bash the userbase for not giving other good suggestions. Or, really, any suggestions. This obviously includes me as well.
Kentona, if your having so much trouble coming with catagories or games to put up on the "Gamespot," you could always just do it like this:

Of the two games featured, one of them should be a RPG and the other should be something that isn't. Pick a RPG through suggestions, praise, hidden gem, or whatever, and pick another non-RPG. Alternate this every 2 to 3 weeks: done.

RPG: Alter A.I.L.A Genesis
NON-RPG: RE: Allstair+

2 Weeks Later, switch!

RPG: Dragon Fantasy II
NON-RPG: Monopolo

2 Weeks Later, again, switch!

RPG: Princess Princess
NON-RPG: Grave Spirit

...Might save some headaches. I dunno.
Thanks guys!

EDIT:
for reference, here is what has been showcased in the past: