GAMESPOT THREAD

author=Dyhalto
Half of "Nightfall" is cut off by the spotlight header o.o;

Blame me. I'm still learning how to become design savvy. >.<;
Hi! I just spotted my 'game' Following the Sun on the frontpage under games to play, but I removed the download sometime ago (Not really worth playing); so I don't see much of a sense for it to be featured there. And while I appreciate the inclusion in the first place, I think I've already enjoyed my five minutes of glory for it and I'm already nabbing quite a chunk of the frontpage with Nightfall, so...

...Look! Oathguard is going to release a demo soon! Everybody go check that out!
author=alterego
Hi! I just spotted my 'game' Following the Sun on the frontpage under games to play, but I removed the download sometime ago (Not really worth playing); so I don't see much of a sense for it to be featured there. And while I appreciate the inclusion in the first place, I think I've already enjoyed my five minutes of glory for it and I'm already nabbing quite a chunk of the frontpage with Nightfall, so...

...Look! Oathguard is going to release a demo soon! Everybody go check that out!

Aw man, what the heck? I didn't even notice that. I was trying to show some love to the winner of the Nugget Crash Course winner.
Oh, hey! EP's listed as a "Hidden Gem!" AWESOME! Thanks! WOO-WOOO! Haha. I was wondering why it was getting a strange influx of comments and subscribers. Lol.
author=Dyhalto
When in doubt, Ephiam's got something.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Middens already get a spotlight for it's awesome art? Not that I don't wholeheartedly agree, but I swear it already happened. I thought we wanted to avoid that, but somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.
author=Marrend
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Middens already get a spotlight for it's awesome art? Not that I don't wholeheartedly agree, but I swear it already happened. I thought we wanted to avoid that, but somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.
I gave it a community spotlight back when it first came on for some cool concept art. It has never had a dev spotlight.

Community spotlight, imo, is a "Hey look at this cool thing" which stays up until a new cool thing is up, and has no bearing on its eligibility on Featured Game or Dev or Game spots.
wooby pls

Gem: : Shensetta - Air RPG
Event Winner: : Rubi
Overlooked: : Under World 4
Wavemaker: : Starless Umbra
Eerie: : One Night Full Circle
Scary: : MANOS Hands of Fate
Gory: : Rework the Dead
Sadistic: : BE: Dungeoneer
Spooky: : Grave Spirit
Hidden Gem: : Your Star
Classic: : The Burning Grail
Gem: : Astonishing Capt Skull
Event: : Mario's Mansion
Gem: : Tina of the Stars
Classic: : Hero's Realm
Fab: : Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis
Shmup: : Hello Panda
Hidden Gem: : Linus
Sci-Fi: : Iron Gaia: Virus
Romance: : Heartache 101
Hidden Gem: : Sagawind
Gem: : Man's Best Friend
Hima's : U.S.G. ~A New Begin.
Classic: : Tale of Exile
Hidden: : Oh No, Asteroids!
Classic: : Dragon Fantasy
Horror: : Backstage
Puzzle: : Pengui!
Classic: : Speak No Evil
Classic: : Master of the Wind
Trip: : Particle of Inf. Free Will
Hidden Gem: : Gravity
Classic: : Ara Fell
Eyerazor: : Molasses Meow
Hidden Gem: : Inside
Classic: : Phantom Legacy
Gem: : Shadows of Evil
Event: : Super RMN Bros. 3
Gem: : Eternal Paradise
Quirky: : Wooby RPG

What should be today's new gamespot?
Raciela just released a playable download the other day.
Not sure what header to give it though.
I try to reserve gamespots to finished games (canceled is a type of finish!)
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
stonesearch
Raciela sounds like a great idea, it should be in the spotlight once it is finished!
Love and War looks pretty cool. It's art = <3
Desert Nightmare deserves a gamespot. Great game with custom graphics and stuff. Unfortunatly the only game by Kelven which has been translated into english as far as I know.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=Tau
Love & War?

Edit: Wrong thread. Derp.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Melon Journey
Rhyme
Tear Harvester Rhyme
author=Ocean
Melon Journey

Supported
I thought you guys wanted a say on what gets put up on the frontpage
please don't point out contradictions on a community filled with people who come and go. this is what you put up with when it comes to being a staffer.
I realize that running the site is what I signed up for, but I can call out my memberbase after going months without feedback.
The fact that gamespots have to be Completed (or Cancelled) creates some limitations. Given how shortly they stay up for, it's easy to churn through the site's database and run out of "easy" suggestions.

That said...
Classic : The Way. Just the first ep.
Retro : Eden Legacy. Maybe one of the sequels would be more frontpage worthy though.
Hidden Gem : Castle Chase!
Revamp : Phantasia Remake. I suggested this before, but Soli said nay.
Classic : Three The Hard Way
Eyerazor : Tactics Blade

Of course, Event : (whatever wins the Halloween contest)