WINAMP QUESTION

Pages: 1
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
Who here knows how to connect Winamp to a radio player you add onto a site of yours, and at the same time who knows how to connect Teamspeak to Winamp so all 3 works together and the radio online players what it hears on Teamspeak?

Because I need to know, since I'm working to make a 24/7 Radio Talk Show.
Thiamor
I can't seem to find out how to get a Radio Player embedded on my site (one that works for Winamp, I mean), that I can connect Winamp to, but also connect winamp to teamspeak. Anyone got any idea?
You have no earthly idea what you're talking about and probably shouldn't be doing this.

Regardless, let me see if I've got what you want to do right:

1) You want to establish a 24/7 internet radio station that listeners can tune into using Winamp (which I'm personally amazed still exists, but I digress) or another media player,

2) You want a website that people can go to and listen to the same station, and

3) You want to splice a TeamSpeak server in so that anything said on the TeamSpeak server is said over the station.

If this is the case, you're probably looking at a Shoutcast server. The rest of the setup is a bit more nebulous and difficult to explain, however I will warn you that bandwidth costs for most Shoutcast servers to be broadcasting 24/7 are absolutely batshit insane.

You might also want to look into just doing it on uStream/Justin.TV/livestream.com or the like, but again splicing in another application's sound can prove tricky without specialized equipment.
Thiamor
author=Otokonoko
You have no earthly idea what you're talking about and probably shouldn't be doing this.

The other part is helpful. This part, well, you don't know who I am. You don't know what I do. I, for one, do know what I'm talking about and it may seem stupid but I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.

I didn't make this topic to have someone voice out that I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'd not make this topic if I didn't have a clue on what it is that I wanted to do. I basically know it's possible as a friend of mine did that very thing that I wanted to do, but given it's a tad bit hard just to have him explain it, instead of wanting me to use Teamviewer and have him show me that way, I decided to ask people on here and other sites. I hate Teamviewer with a passion.
Thiamor
It's a 24/7 Radio show. Not just a talk show. It'll have an intro time slot by telling people what it is that we do, then a music time slot so people can talk about music, play music and such, then a part about games, where they can talk about games, then interviews for people, as well as a time slot for weather.

Also a section for News, a section for advertisements, and the talk show at the end that lasts from 8PM till 4AM, and then we do a few hours worth of advertisements, and start at 6:30AM or 7:00 AM by starting over.
Thiamor
I can't seem to find a way to work with Shoutcast.

Is there -ANYONE- that can create a walk-through, simply that states how to make a Shoutcast Radio server, that works with Winamp? Also how to embedded it on my site?
A google gives me this:
http://2xod.com/articles/setting%20up%20shoutcast/
If that doesn't help you I don't know what will. I seem to recall creating a temporary server with my own ip adress worked out just fine. However if it's to be 24/7 you probably need to get a proper server for it. Though if you're already almost there then you probably already have a proper server for it. (Oh man. GWRadio, good times, good times)
Thiamor
Here is a question. Is there any possible way, at all, that would let you connect your PC mic into an embedded media player online, that you can use to stream live audio from your computer to the player instead of having to use so many programs that are too complicated?

I can add custom code to the site, so that part isn't a problem. It allows it.
How is that complicated? All you need is a server, winamp and the shoutcast plugin? Which one of these do you want to be without?

There's probably services out there like ustream or whatever where you can stream stuff through a web-interface, no need to download anything!
Thiamor
As long as it would allow me to embed it, then it's good.
Thiamor
Care to post any links to sites that allow you to embed players to sites, that are for both LIVE Audio and Video streaming and it's free with no downloads? I tried a few, failed, and tried uBroadcast, but now the site isn't working.
Thiamor
Again, anyone know of any site that is like uBroadcast?
Have you tryed just googleing these questions?
Thiamor
Obviously. I'm not an internet newb like your question implies. So please refrain from those type of moronic replies when it's obviously a wrong question to be asking.
-.-'

I wasnt implying that your an internet newb.
(not intentionally anyways)

just Winamp and stuff like that is used a lot isn't it?
(i wouldnt know, i dont use the programmes never wanted to nor needed to)
So i thought google would be one of the most logical place to go.

Did a quick google search for you.
Found this
10 top sites like Ubroadcast
Not sure if you seen it or not.

But the top one on there(below Ubroadcast) Is the most similar by 74% and its very popular. why dont you try that out or one of the other ones there.

by the way.

Good luck with finding people to help you if you snap at them whenever that ask you a simple question.

Thiamor
Sorry about my rude comment XD
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Yeah, guys, let's not snap at trivial things :P
Thiamor
I have fixed my Radio up, and it works pretty damn good, now.
Pages: 1