DEMO/FINAL PRODUCT

Pages: 1
I have a question about the Demo and the final product. The demo is put out before the product to get the gamers interested in the final product, and then you put out the product. At least that's how it is ideally. But at this site, it's possible to have both out on the same page? When the final product is put out should the demo still be available?
no, noone,unless they think they should try the demo out first, would play the demo if the product is available.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I don't think so, but I'm no expert.
I believe you can do that but you have to set the demo as another download link. Some of the pages here have more than one download after all.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
If the demo is significantly different from the finished game in some way (ie: some maps were heavily overhauled during completion?), then I'd like to have the opportunity to see what the game was like during development.

Also a "demo", short for "demonstration", is a game that showcases the "full" version of the game in teaser-like fashion. Note my usage of the word "full", not "final" or "finished". For examples, refer to any commercial games which have utilized demos via their correct definition. The RM community has pretty much built its own flawed definition of a "demo" (which is actually an alpha or beta build still in the development phases).
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
For commercial games, generally the demo is available for free to let people try the game before they buy it. For a free game, though, this reason falls apart.

Maybe if your full game were multiple gigabytes in size. I could see a demo being useful in that case. Free or not, I typically don't want to spend more than a few hours downloading something that I'm not sure I'll like. A demo would get me to try it.
Pages: 1