RESOURCE MUSEUM

Pages: 1
I didn't want to necropost, so I figured I'd start a new topic on it, the resource museum is great and all, but it's hard to navigate. Would it be possible to have seperate forums for different resources or even just seperate posts for them? They might get more use if they were easier to navigate.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
This site is more about game showcasing and tools to aid the coding and theory aspects of game design. We don't have a dedicated section for resources, which is why they've been contained in the various forum posts. The museum was really just a dumping ground for user resources. As of right now, there are no plans for a dedicated resource section on the site.
A dedicated person could sort through the huge museum, make a new topic, and continually update his first post to keep track of what page what resource is on.
Otherwise, I can't see this site trying to compete with charasproject.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=Dyhalto
A dedicated person could sort through the huge museum, make a new topic, and continually update his first post to keep track of what page what resource is on.
Otherwise, I can't see this site trying to compete with charasproject.

I think that's a good way to go about it. We're really not geared to be a resource database like charasproject, after all.
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
I was going to suggest instead of having the resources posted directly into the thread they could be PM'd to someone in charge of the thread, then the main post could be edited with the new resources. But maybe that would cause problems.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=Khos
I was going to suggest instead of having the resources posted directly into the thread they could be PM'd to someone in charge of the thread, then the main post could be edited with the new resources. But maybe that would cause problems.

It might lead to a cluttered inbox, hehe.
if anyone wants to make a new resource museum, they are more than welcome to. I can sticky it.
Well I didn't mean that it needed to be a big organized section, I think that just putting in separate forums for different things would help to make it more navigable. If that's not possible, I may take on re-organizing the resource museum into separate posts all in the same forum. (I'm a compulsively organized person IRL)
If you need resources, I have some really old resources saved from a bunch of sites that aren't working anymore. Got them off my 10 year old comp when I saved my old games:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NAHEKYIT

A bunch of them are still available around the net, but there are some genuinely rare ones in there.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
thx, sbester.
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
there's a resource museum?
WHERE?!:0
Pages: 1