LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS (GOOD STORY)

Pages: 1
Greetings fair community.

Ive been downloading games at random since I joined, found some very good orthers not so. This time I'd like to please ask for your recomendation of a game with good story, the very best you've played. I don't care about grapics, music, gameplay, or how long/short the games is.

The only requeriment I ask is that the game is complete (no demos or to be continued...) and preferably with hard difficulty (I like challenges).

A few examples of what I find with good story is: Last Scenario, Alter A.I.L.A. Eternal eden, and somewhat Dawn's light.

Thanks in advance.
Hm...
The Way was decent. It starts off slow, but gets much better. *There's six of them so...*
Dhux's Scar, if you don't mind religious themes and violence, was alright.
Legionwood was okay.
The Tiamat Sacrament was decent.
The Frozen World was also good. Short though.
Sunset Over Imdahl was pretty good.
Three, The Hard Way was long but good, too.
Legion Saga series - If you haven't played Suikoden before, you'll probably like it. Last Scenario was sorta Suikoden'd as well that other game by the same creator.
Clouded Heart, though not on this site, was also really good.
Jay's Journey is a fun one. As is Romancing Walker, but both are quite dated and, well, I'm not sure that others' would agree that they're pretty good. (Nostalgia hits me hard with them both.)

Really, a lot of the ones that look really promising story-wise never got finished or are still at the demo stage. Here's a few of the longer ones in case you wanted to check them out.

DEMOS
Love and War - though be warned that there's only Act I at the moment. It's still a decent length, though.
Notes of the Second Mellynd War. Not sure if the old demo is still onsite, but it was pretty good.
Story of Innocence. Pretty great.
A Blurred Line... well. Yeah. Obviously.
Avarice is one of the fun ones out there, the story is pretty great too (not EPIC just great).
Please do check out the game I'm translating from Japanese to English at the moment, Seraphic Blue. Its story is truly excellent and even though its current demo stage (in terms of my translation, that is; the original Japanese version is already complete since 2004/2006) is until end of Chapter 1 (that's end of episode 12 and lasting 9-12 hours long), a few players have already commented on its strength of the story plot so far :)

Oh, and Seraphic Blue is hard :) Even though it won't meet your first requirement (complete game) anytime soon, do at least check it out.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
If you like REALLY hard difficulty, I suggest :Undeworld : Land of the Dead(good luck!), difficult but less : Vacant Sky, Underworld4.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'd plug my own game, and suggest Weird Dreams, as I've got nothing but complaints about the game's difficulty. However, I suspect that the story might be too "meh" for you.
author=Liberty
A Blurred Line... well. Yeah. Obviously.

*points an accusing finger* THAT! That game is one of the main reasons I don't play demos/unfinished games anymore. Yes I loved Blurred Line and you could imagine my deception when you suddenly get the "to be continued..." only to be continued never again. Oh how I cursed that day.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. As soon as I finish the current game Im playing (The Tiamat Sacrament) I'll begin with your recomendations.

Eplipswich, you are doing us a great favor translating Seraphic Blue, I thank you for that, however I don't want the same that happened with Blurred Line (getting stuck because for some reason you happen to stop translating halfway).

I can tell you this though, I'll add to my bookmarks Sepaphic Blue, and I'll check it from time to time. As soons as you notify us the translation is complete, I'll put any RPGmaker game I'm playing on pause and play Seraphic Blue, this is a promise.
The Way has arguably the most ambitious story of any RPG Maker game ever. It starts out pretty slow but then goes into some very deep and dark places by the story's end. Sort of like the Neon Genesis Evangelion of RPG Maker? Anyway it's pretty great (although it arguably falls apart in the last episode or so.) You might hate it--it's that kind of game--but it's important enough that you should just try it anyway and see for yourself.

Alternatively, you could go for Dhux's Scar. The plot is kind of a trainwreck (though an entertaining one!) but it remains one of the cleverest and most unique games I've played. Also it is incredibly hard so it might just be what you're looking for! Just keep in mind that it is also incredibly bloody and maybe kind of offensive if you're a devout Christian (although I didn't mind it, personally)

Pages: 1